Salvadoran JW house cleaner STOLD my homemade JAM

by Cappuccino OC 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Hi Celia,

I'm in NW Washington right by the ocean & close to the Canadian border.

Capp

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Hi Mulan & Rachel,

How are you guys doing? I'll have to get my courage up & talk to them using their lingo. Besides the jam Scully is write I trusted in them by giving them my house key.

She came in without permission in the night. What is scarry & creepy is that my daughter and I slept through it. We didn't hear a thing.

I really thought her hubby would agree that removing private property is stealing but he didn't.

I'll have to let you guys know what they say when I mention to them that I'm going to contact the PO from their congregation. They don't invite me to their Spanish meetings. THey gave up.

They think that I'm a submarine popping up now & then to the English meetings.

I'll keep you guys posted.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

El Kabong, you have a point. I love those words,

"Thou shalt not steal"

Except that both her and her husband don't call it stealing. What part of stealing do they not understand?

Scully,

I haven't gone to the meetings since Feb of this year. I don't intend to EVER go back. I attended the English cong. & they go to the Spanish. But you are right if I ever run into the eldres around town I can tell them that I have been stumbled. When they knock on my door Bill B. told me not to open the door. THey've been hounding me comming around during the week & twice on Saturdays.

I also noticed a huge difference in their "knocking" method. WHen my daughter is in school (during the week) & my car is in the parking lot, they BANG & BANG the door really LOUD. & they don't stand where I can see them through the peep hole in my door.

On the weekends when My daughter is home, they knock normally.

Excellent point Scully!

Capp

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Thank you all for your emotional support & wonderful opinions.

You all are amazing. You're kind, loving, & understanding; I received an offfer for black berry jam & an offer to help me make more black berry jam from a silent lambs volunteer (not a SL-just volunteers) from the Seattle area, that is so sweet.

Your actions prove that there is mountains of KINDNESS in us humans & THAT you DON'T have to be JW to show kindness.

Okay I'm writing my letter to the editor of the newspaper.

Can anyone help me add some key points or are there points that you'd like me to add?

I welcome all the help that I can get.

Emotionally I feel better but I'm still drained.

XOXO,

Capp

• els
    els

Capp, I am astounded at the audacity of this woman and her husband. And to act as if they have a monopoly on quoting scriptures correctly. There should be an emoticon with steam coming out it's ears for how I feel right now.
    It would be different if she had stolen the jams to feed her children, but to send them to her mother? She probably said that she made them!
    I am so sorry you had to go through this, especially when you are already busy and somewhat stressed out. It does really show what some witnesses are all about, doesn't it? It seems they don't really care about inactive ones coming back or they would have handled this whole mess differently.
    I am sure you will come up with a wonderful gift, you seem like a caring and creative person.
    I am curious to know if you make marion berry jam. My sister in law is from the Seattle area and gets this from her mom. She always passes a jar on to me and I love it. It has such a unique flavor. els

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Hi Els,

I've never made marionberry jam. I will have to find out where they grow. Blackberries grow here everywhere. There is a farm called Boxx Berry Farm in the area. I'll give them a call to see if they carry any.

I've only heard of the farm. I've never been there. I've heard you can pick berries there for 1.00 per pound. (not bad).

Capp

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Hey everyone this story has a happy ending!

La Capra is sending my granmother some of her homemade Blackberry Jam. I'm letting grandma know that a very "special Friend" made them just for her! Isn't that soooooooo sweet?

Here is a portion of La Capra's e-mail to me:

The shipping is on me, my jam is my art, you know. This is one of those
    stories that will make it all the more special. She will be telling all her
    friends how wonderful you are, having had your own jam stolen, and your
    house burglarized, and then finding someone to replace your homemade jam. It will make the jam all the more sweet.

I would consider it honor if I could do this for you and your mum.The jars aren't fancy, but the jam is quite good. I ship it regularly to my aunt and have had no trouble wrapping it in about eight sheets of tissue paper and packing it tightly in a shoebox (we aren't too fancy here, we students).

I will need to know how many pints.

This is SOoooo SWEET of La Capra!

Thank you; thank you; thank you; Gracias; Gracias; Gracias,

Capp

Edited by - Cappuccino OC on 25 November 2002 8:30:49

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I do not want to beat a dead horse, however, I am with larc and Scully.

If she stole from you she will steal from anyone. What else is missing that you have not noticed because you are upset about the jam?

If she stole from you she probably has stolen from someone else. I like the letter to the elders with the police report. You must file a police report.

At least something will be on record for the next sorry soul who hires her theiving ass. Her being a witness is no proof of good character. We all know that.

You must be proactive. You must take action. You must not let them (her, hubby, elders) intimidate you with their "she's a sister and is sorry" routine.

You have an obligation as a citizen of this country to report a theif. It could be anything. Stealing is stealing. And doing it while you were home?! Perhaps she watched you sleep? Perhaps she snooped in your records?

People like her deserve no mercy.

The police need to be notified so a record is made. The next person who hires her should do a background check. If so, that will show up. She needs to be responsible for her actions.

Don't bother with small claims court unless Judge Judy is filming in your area. It is not worth the effort on your part. Get them with a report and having to rebuild their reputation. That is a hard lesson.

Tina

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

it makes no difference IMHO if she were Salvadorian, white or purple.

Purple people would NEVER steal your jam!

That was so nice of La Capra. What a great thing to do.

I still think you should tell her to get the jam back or face charges. It's the principle of the thing. No one will have eaten all 4 jars of jam this quickly.

Glad your story had a happy ending for you... it just makes me mad that the housekeeper will get away with it scot-free.

Hugs, V

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Capp,

I just read your last post about sending a letter to the editor. You may want to rethink that.

She could say you slanderd her. That could be legal trouble for you. Also, without a police report, the editor of the paper is not likely to print a letter reporting that someone stole from you and they are a JW. Big deal. They get claims all the time. Without something to back it up, they will not print a letter like that.

Show them the police report. The editor will take it seriously if you have a police report and if you have something from the elders saying "we counseled sister so and so...she will not do this again/sister so and so denies all accusations." As you know, without 2 witnesses, it is your word against hers.

The elders aren't going to back up you; you are inactive. They will back up her. And then say you are persecuting her!

Rethink the letter unless you have proof in your hand-ie: a police report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit