Salvadoran JW house cleaner STOLD my homemade JAM

by Cappuccino OC 77 Replies latest jw friends

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

Celia this is Cassiline using Maximumflash's account

Sorry about the mix-up.... I just congratulated Blondie and Dutchie on being empresses and it was on my mind. You are certainly not lowly in any way, shape or form.

It was still a very sweet thing to offer Celia, my apologies again for the Empress mix-up.

Cassi..... who went over her posting limit for the first time!! OOPS

• Celia
    Celia

Capuccino --- by the way, do you make jam or jelly with blackberries ? I make jelly. I don't really like all the seeds... I also make strawberry jelly and jam --- the jelly is just wonderful. My favorite jelly is red raspberry.... the ultimate. But I love quince jelly ... aahhh... jams and jellies, summer memories...

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I just found this thread.

Cappuccino OC this is truly a sad state of affairs. I believe many on this thread have already given you good advice, and from what I have seen you say, you intend to heed most of it.

I concur that you should change your locks. Dubs can be a very hateful and vengeful group, especially when money or their reputation are threatened.

Given the insistence that she did nothing wrong by her husband in spite of blatant proof showing otherwise, I would say he poses a threat in agreeing to do something to you as well, especially if you choose to go to the police or their congregation for action.

I would not expect to get your jam back, but at least it is a lesson learned, even if costly.

Good luck. Somehow I doubt you hire another Dub to do work for you. When a Dub works for another Dub or even inactive Dub, the working Dub tends to think they can do things and get away with it cuz your chummy chummy. Ive seen it happen too many times.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Celia,

I make jam. I actually mash my blackberries and then blend them a bit in the blender. After that I strain them. Some seeds go through but not that many.

It's more work but I agree with you I don't like ALL those seeds in my jam. They get stuck to my teeth.

All this sweet jam/jelly talk has made we want to go and buy goober grape (strawberry & peanut butter) & make myself a peanut butter & jelly sandwich! I think that I will do just that and wash it down with a cappuccino from starbucks.

I have a sweet tooth.

XOXO

Capp

ps. I'm not a confrontational person. Emotionally it would be harder for me to "drag" this into court or drag the police in it. Some one mentioned writing a lette to the editor. I might do that as a rhetoric queston Stealing or not stealing?

I'm also going to take finals (I'm a 1st year graduate student clinician) the 2nd week of Dec. (2 weeks) & I need to make sure I know my material. I missed days with my surgery & then my daughter had strep throat.

Emotionally her actions drained me out of my energy & anything would make me cry. (& It's not PMS) There has been way to many bumps on my road this quarter.

I might just do an inquiry with the police & ask for their opinion & maybe I can just file a report. I'll ask them if they'll take any type of action. If it's over $50.00 they might just say that the retail value of 4 jars full of jam is not $50.00 & that I might not be able to do anything.

Thank you all for the wonderful input.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

((((Cappuccino)))) Well I just e-mailed you, hope your having a better day.

• Mary
    Mary

I'd give them 24 hours to give the jam back, otherwise, you're going to the police - end of story. What kind of a loser pig is this so-called christian husband of hers??? How would he like it if you went into his house and stole some of HIS food. What a jerkoff artists. Don't cave on this, one. Stick to your guns and don't wait too long. I'd also make sure everyone else at the Hall finds out what she did.

Best of luck.

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((capp))))

Sorry to hear about your broken arm, and also about this "sister" stealing your jam.

I can understand that you don't feel emotionally strong enough to take it to the police or take action against them. However, writing a letter to the editor (using no names) would be a way of expressing your emotions, whilst letting your community that the JWs in your area are not people that can be trusted.

• La Capra
    La Capra

Actually, I am pretty sure that what she did would be considered a burglary in any state. Burglary is a felony everywhere and punishable by at least a year in prison. Burglary is the trespassory entering into another's building with the intent to commit a felony or a larceny once inside.

Just because she had a key doesn't mean she is off the hook for entering. She didn't have your permission to enter the house for any purpose in the middle of the night (that makes it even worse...if you were one of those types who kept a loaded gun, she might have been shot). And even if she did have your permission to enter, she didn't have your permission to enter to commit larceny.

Yep, it's larceny, the unconsented taking and carrying away of the personal property of another with the intent to steal it. Did she take it ? yes, did she carry it away? yes, did she intend to permanently deprive you of it? It sounds like it.

Burglary is a very serious crime, and one that your local police department will be most interested in hearing about it. If she did this to you, who knows who else she did it to or will do it to in the future if she isn't stopped.

And most of all it is very creepy. The reason burglaries are considered dangerous felonies is that it is extremely dangerous for people to be breaking into other people's homes in the middle of the night to steal stuff.

And as for her character, people who have good character do not steal other people's jam (I got stung with the nettles this summer on my berry picking expedition too this summer-I know exactly how you feel.),

Good character is something people have all the time, not only just the times they are not committing felonies in the homes of people who entrusted them with access. It's all or nothing with character, it's either good or it isn't.

And her guilty conscience confession does not absolve her of her guilt. She had the criminal mind set and she committed the act.

Please e-mail me privately, I can replace the homemade jam, and I'm already in California.

Shoshana

• larc
    larc

I would notify the police so that the matter is on record. Next, I would send a certified letter to the elders with an attached copy of the police report, with a request for a written response from them as to what they are going to do about it. If the woman does not agree to compensate you appropriately, I would take her to small claims court. In the mean time, I would have not further verbal communication with her or her husband.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Larc,

I wish I had your strength. Taking them to small claims court won't help. She's on Welfare. He's unemployed. He's trying to get back on social security for a work related injury that happene 9 years ago.

They have no assets, no bank accounts. THey also have 3 little kids, (8, 5, & 2) & they need to feed them with the "little" welfare money they get.

Prisca,

You're always so sweet. I think I will vent out with the newspaper. I'll send the letter the first week of December. Mayb it will get published during x-mas time.

Mary,

Thank you for your advice. The jam is in Southern California. Remember ,y house keeper gave the jame to her sister in law. In turn her sister in law left last Monday - in the wee hours- that's why she came in @ night.

Trauma hound;

Thank you for the Cyber hugs. I'll check my e-mail. I'm really bad at checking my hotmail.com account. You mentioned you misplaced my personal e-mail. I'll e-mail it to you.

capp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit