Salvadoran JW house cleaner STOLD my homemade JAM

by Cappuccino OC 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

She's a thief, pure and simple. It doesn't matter what she took from you. I would be very upset too. The nerve of the husband to defend her and accuse you ! I don't know if telling the police would do any good... But what about a letter to the editor ? Something to the effect that one can't even trust a JW to be honest, even though they claim in their door-to-door visits that if everybody belonged to their religion, the world would be such a great place...

I made a lot of blackberry jams this summer. We had a bumper crop of blackberries in our Vermont woods this year... I wished it wasn't that difficult (breakable) and expensive to send jars in the mail or UPS... I would send you 4 or 5 jars...

• Been there
    Been there

Capp,

A thief is a thief! One with out GUILT is the worst kind of thief. Okay, it's the thought that counts with grandma right? Tradition? Go to the store, buy some good blackberry jam, put it in your jars, cook them a few minutes to seal them. You can't get your jam back but you can still give grandma some jam from you and it shouldn't be too hard on your arm. Better yet make the sweet (puke) hubby come over and do it while you tell him how, make him buy the jam too. Grandma will love you just as much, and only you have to know. Not quite the same but it is a solution.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Thank you Celia for offering your blackberr jam. Blackberries grow like crazy here in the NW (late July & August).

It's super expensive to mail that is why I was saving mine until I flew south. I'm going to see if any of the stores have frozen blackberries. Even if I can only make a jar or two for my grandman. It would be a different story if my hand wasn't in a cast and if I would have full mobility once the cast comes off.

As it is, I can't evn hold a cup full of coffee with my left hand. I have six screws, 1 metal plate, 8 inches of stiches and a bone alograft. I saw some Knotts Berry Farm Jellies/Jams (x-mas pack) at Costco & even though it will not be the same thing I'm going to see if they will offer to buy those in place of the ones she took.

If they don't then I'll just have to buy them for my grandmother. I could probably decorate the lids with fabric & add a special touch to them.

Capp

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Capp, sorry to hear that but not suprised by the reaction of the husband.

Don't put your trust on the "do not duplicate" engraving on your keys though. She could definitely have them duplicated if she wanted to. Change the locks on your doors immediately. Both she and her husband have proven that they are not trustworthy.

Mike.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I made a lot of blackberry jams this summer. We had a bumper crop of blackberries in our Vermont woods this year... I wished it wasn't that difficult (breakable) and expensive to send jars in the mail or UPS... I would send you 4 or 5 jars...~~ Celia

Celia

What a lovely thing to offer. How very kind of one of our new empresses!!!

((((Celia))))

Sorry again Capp for your loss

((((Capp))))

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Thank you all for your amazing comments. I will definately change my locks. The elders from the English congregation have been hounding me for months.

My JW housekeeper goes to the Spanish congregation (the only one in the are) way out in Timbuktu (the county.) All I need is for her to relay the info to the English congregation elders & have them come into my home.

Can you imagine them looking in the boxes in my closet with x-mas decorations; or in my drawers & finding a Silent Lamb T-shirt?

1/2 of my family are still hard core JW's & they still talk to me cause I'm not DF. My pioneer sister in law would rejoice if I were to get DF. She would rub it in my brother's face.

Okay, I'm changing my lock TODAY,

Thank you all; My heart is starting to feel a bit better. It was really down & sad.

XOXO,

Capp

• ballistic
    ballistic

Cappuccino. Before you do anything stop! When I said charge this person for your trouble, I meant CHARGE them, big time. Not a few poxy dollars.

• ballistic
    ballistic

OK, I used to work in a shop run by witnesses. One customer was having to check what he was buying fitted his car, so was taking the bits outside. One colegue decided to take down his number plate in case he did a runner.

He did a runner.

Within 2 hours the guy was back with his wallet (HAVING BEEN VISITED AT HIS WORKPLACE BY THE POLICE) shaking like a leaf, offering to pay, saying "sorry I got called away".

Well, now dont forget the whole place is run by elders. What did they do? Times the amount owed by 5 in order not to press charges. The man said nothing and paid the money (x5)

You could say this is a mild form of black mail, but it goes on (even by JW elders). The idea is that you are doing them a favour.

• Celia
    Celia
    Celia

What a lovely thing to offer. How very kind of one of our new empresses!!!

I am only a lowly Jedi.... not even close to making Emperess... Or what do you mean ?

• Dia
    Dia

never mind

Edited by - Dia on 23 November 2002 18:46:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit