Salvadoran JW house cleaner STOLD my homemade JAM

by Cappuccino OC 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Stephanus,

LOL, she is legal to work in the states.

capp

• wasasister
    wasasister

"Salvadoran JW house cleaner STOLD my homemade JAM"

Hands down, the BEST subject line EVER. This is a keeper!

• bigred
    bigred

Get that jam back. I don't care if she sent it to her mother, she can get it back. It wasn't hers to give, and you should definitely push this issue! I know you aren't confrontational, and they are probably banking on that too. Get the elders involved...............they have to do something. This is appalling!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I did it again. Hubby posted last, and I forgot to change the data. The above post was made by Mulan, not by bigred.

• Princess
    Princess

You HAVE to confront them on this one. Just because they sent it to California doesn't mean they can't forward them on to your grandma. I would threaten to involve the PO and any other elder that could scare them AND the police if they don't get the jam back. Give a time limit. You have to do it. Make them pay.

Rachel

• Scully
    Scully

I'm surprised that no one has suggested that during your "confrontation" with the so-called "sister" and her husband that you say something to the effect that her behaviour has seriously STUMBLED you because your TRUST has been BETRAYED, and until the matter is resolved to your satisfaction (appropriate compensation or a public reproof in the congregation) you will not associate with them or be seen at any meetings they attend. Give her a time limit (a week should be sufficient) to compensate you, and if she does not meet the deadline, go to the elders about it. I would also tell her to not even DARE to use your name as a reference for future work, because anyone who calls you will hear about her true character. Change the locks, pronto. Find out if she's bonded, and file a claim against her with the bonding company if she is. She'll have a really hard time finding work again.

Remember that JWs use Galatians 5:19, 20 - the works of the flesh - as criteria that could get a person DFd: "Now the works of the flesh are manifest and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these." Also, 1 Corinthians 5:11 "But now I am writing you to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man."

This "sister" didn't "just" take some jam from your cupboard. She violated your trust, and by defending her so-called "character", her husband violated your trust as well. There's no amount of money that can buy that back. That is the real crime here.

By the way, if I were you, I'd make sure that none of my valuables (jewelry, etc.) were missing. If she'll stoop to stealing four jars of jam, she'd likely rifle through your jewelry box while she was working too, particularly if you were not at home at the time she was working for you.

Oh, and also ask the sister what she thinks would happen to her if she'd taken four jars of jam from the grocery store instead of from your pantry. Even for something as small as pack of gum, shoplifting is still a serious crime and the police would be called, and she'd have a record (and couldn't be bonded to work in private homes). How is it somehow excusable to take your property just because she's a JW and has (had) a rapport with you??

Love, Scully

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi Capp,

Bendrr is correct, just because a key says do not duplicate, does not mean that it can't be done. I use to manage a store and had to have keys copied that had that engraved on it. It was easy to do.

I can't believe the husband! It's as if he thinks because he is a "JW" that he and his wife can do as they please. I clean houses myself and I would NEVER enter without my clients knowing. I also would never take anything of theirs unless it was offered me. Not even a coke.

Shari

• Celia
    Celia

There are people on this board who know a lot about the Law. I don't. But what about Small Claims Court ? Your cleaning lady and her husband would have to explain their actions in front of a judge... I think that could be interesting...

Cappucino = btw, in what State are you ?

Edited by - Celia on 24 November 2002 10:6:28

• Scully
    Scully

Celia writes:

There are people on this board who know a lot about the Law. I don't. But what about Small Claims Court ? Your cleaning lady and her husband would have to explain their actions in front of a judge... I think that could be interesting...

I was thinking about that last night too. I got a good chuckle imagining a case like this one on Judge Judy or The People's Court.

Love, Scully

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

"Thou shalt not steal"

She needs to be reminded in her own JW lingo that what she did is in direct violation to Jehovah's law.

These type of people have no qualms about quoting "Jehovah's Law" to us DA/DF/Inactive/etc. ones. Turn the tables. Get the Elders involved. Heck, even write a letter to Brooklyn's Service Department and CC the elders. If you get no response, then take it public. It's not the jam, it's the principal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit