Thinking about Bill Bowen...

by Pathofthorns 112 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hmmmmm.....not a good advert for a discussion board, eh? Be nice.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Ozzie,

I've come to feel that sometimes your warning post is step one of a two step thread locking process.

Guys and gals hurry up and say it now or forever hold your peace!!!

Just kidding Ozzie, well sorta just kidding.

IW

• waiting
    waiting

If one were to gleen some valid points from all this ponderous discussion over Franz/Bowen, I think a list is starting:

!. Franz is a good man - wrote several excellent books, waaaaay devout Biblical Christian. He has freedom to write what he wants.....and to be silent also.

2. Dr. Penton is a good man - wrote excellent books too, waaaay devout Biblical Christian.....but is a tad touchy about prostitutes overcharging their johns.

3. Bowen is a good man - has given up much to support victims and seems to be of the same frame of mind as those "do-gooders" doctors & nurses who go help people who can't afford it or don't have anyone to help them, period. And is a *tad touchy* too. Btw, in Psych Class last semester, while learning about different *types* of intelligence.......the "do-gooders" (for want of better word) are acknowledged as extremely zealous, driven, and most people will never understand their drive - but it's highly valued by Organizations & Causes.

4. Franz is old - but then so are the Governing Body members....and nobody cuts them any slack.

5. There are followers on both sides who are waaaaaaaaay over the edge.

6. There are middle of the roaders (lukewarm?) who everybody spits at. (humor and includes moi)

7. The WTBTS most likely thinks all this is hilarious.

8. The WTBTS is our enemy, not any of the above men.

9. It would most likely help Bowen if he were more tackful.

10. Gary made an excellent point - and I hope he comes across with page & time of that printing.

Interesting situations and comments.

waiting

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Waiting,

2. Dr. Penton is a good man - wrote excellent books too, waaaay devout Biblical Christian.....but is a tad touchy about prostitutes overcharging their johns.

LOL, that is too funny. I love it!

There is only one all encompassing club for me. All other causes are avocations only. I am woman first.

Thanks!

IW

• Brummie
    Brummie

tadaaaaaa.....fj has taken back every word he said.

all together now....aaaaah blessssss his cotton socks

Brummie (still laughing at the Penton crack)

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Island Woman,

I just returned home from work and tonight is my meeting night. Here is the book where the information is contained.

Organized for Kingdom Preaching and Disciple Making published in 1973. It was referred to as the OR book. It was written by Ray Franz as an elder/publisher guidebook in handling or organizing matters in the congregation.

Perhaps someone can help me out and scan the few pages on how children are required to confront the ones they accuse. Thanks.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

To trauma hound and hawkeye- the lies I referred to that were told about me were told on this board and exposed as lies on this board.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Yes but you said BB, and silentlambs, since there are a great many of us, that help out with silentlambs, I'm insulted by what you said, since I've never told any lies about you.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Charlie (Trauma_Hound) is nothing, if he isn't blatantly honest. And a real sweetheart too. Great hair. Any woman would die for that hair.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Gary,

My copy of that book has a 1972 Copyright date. Page 73 of that book concludes the discussion of the Presiding Overseer's duties and begins discussing the duties of the Field Overseer.

Would you have the page number of the material you read?

Thanks,

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit