Thinking about Bill Bowen...

by Pathofthorns 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Seems to me that Brummie is saying that he accepts that both men have outstanding gifts and that both men also have glaring weaknesses.

If that's what he is saying then I agree with Brummie too. Just as long as no-one expects me to become a follower of either man then it's all fine by me.

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 21 November 2002 13:54:32

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Edited by - fjtoth on 21 November 2002 18:31:32

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Edited by - fjtoth on 21 November 2002 18:32:11

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    You really ought to see a doctor

I understand completely fj. When you have no viable answer it's always the cowards way to hurl insults. Actually it would have been wiser and you would appear less the fool if you had just ignored me.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Seems to me that Brummie is saying that he accepts that both men have outstanding gifts and that both men also have glaring weaknesses.

If that's what he is saying then I agree with Brummie too. Just as long as no-one expects me to become a follower of either man then it's all fine by me.

Englishman.

I agree, NO man should be followed like some kind of God.....and I think alot of us here might have that problem. We're used to doing just this, and now some are so co-dependant that we have to fall right back into it. And then if one man has a different opinion of another, OMG all hell breaks loose. It's like "Which Religion should we follow now??"

This isn't about all that.....it's ok to disagree with Bowen, and it's ok to disagree with Franz.....it happens, this is real life, not the Borg (I think that's the first time I've ever used that term)

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

fjtoth,

You are a class "A" idiot. I have made maybe 10 posts in a month on this subject, how many have you made? What's the matter, only your ignorant opinions count around here? What makes you think anyone wants to listen to you either?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

fjtoth, just curious why you feel you need to come here and defend Ray Franz' reputation to such a rediculous extent. Is he unable to do so for himself?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Gary,

For those who cannot believe that Ray Franz never heard of child molestation while on the governing body, just for the record, on page 73 in the organization book, it says that a child, a minor, is required to face those he accuses. I wonder what a child could possibly be accusing an adult of? Would the adult have hit him, or would the adult have stolen his toys? I wonder.

I did not know that. Could you please provide a quote or check the page number. I tried to look that up but apparently somehow missed it or the page number is wrong. What is the copyright date of the Org. book maybe I was looking it up in the wrong one.

Thanks,

IW

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Island Woman, it's a pleasure to meet you. I may indeed have the wrong page. I was reading it last night and I remember the wording. I am at work now but as soon as I get home tonight I will refer you to the correct page number.

• blondie
    blondie

A child or young person could be acting as a witness to a parent smoking, having a non-spouse stay overnight, that the parent goes to a church as a member, having seen the parent celebrate Christmas, etc.

According to the JWS, those testifying to wrongdoing must face those they accuse. The child doesn't necessarily have to be a victim of the wrongdoing.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit