Thinking about Bill Bowen...

by Pathofthorns 112 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting
    According to the JWS, those testifying to wrongdoing must face those they accuse. The child doesn't necessarily have to be a victim of the wrongdoing. - blondie

Good point, blondie. I don't have the book with me, so I can't comment on the actually quote.

But it doesn't seem to exclude a child having to face any type of person they accuse....whether it's going to a Pagan Church, smoking a cigarette, beating the child, or raping the child. There have been published accounts on the net where young children had to face their rapist, in the presence of 3 men only. No parents allowed, as it was a Judicial Meeting.

Much like the Two Witness rule....it can be played anyway they want. And, by the WT history, it has been proven that the WT will change repeatedly to suit their own needs/wants. The rule of only a woman (not men) having to scream while being raped....or not.....depending on the year printed is a prime example. Changed their tune over a dozen times on that one issue.

I guess that's why it's so frustrating to some - the WT plays both sides, which leaves them room to slide.

This is so different to talk about! lol.....no mention of either man! Rather refreshing in a morbid sense, eh? (that was humor, btw)

waiting

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Edited by - fjtoth on 21 November 2002 18:32:52

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Edited by - fjtoth on 21 November 2002 18:33:22

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Really, fj, my feelings are not hurt so easily. Also, that last quote is not mine, but thanks anyway. The first three are mine and they were not meant to be insults, just observations.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

So far, I think Gary has made some good points and is not a coward.

On a side bar ....

Where do you live in Canada fjtoth?

hmm .... f ..... j ......toth ... any relation to the Frank Toth who testified at the Boer trial and former Sec. at the Georgetown Bethel?

I just want to say its too bad your testimony didn't go over too well - if this is you. I kinda wished you (if it is you) were preped better by counsel for that phase of the case. It was nice of you (if it is you) to at least help though.

As I have stated to Dr. Penton and I will state to you (if it is you) - its wise NOT to use your name on these sites if you (if it is you) are planning to help more victims at court. All of this information will be used against you in a most impleasant manner.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 21 November 2002 16:37:33

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Edited by - fjtoth on 21 November 2002 18:38:29

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    One of the reasons I said goodbye to the WTS was seeing time and again how slanderous people got so much support from persons who blindly felt they could do no wrong. In these threads I see the same thing. The slanderer is Bill, plain and simple. I personally don't think he ought to get away with it, though some of you do seem to think he should

I think you need to go and lie down. Obviously, this whole matter is making you delusional. No one, at any time, on any of these many threads you have been involved in, has said that Bill could do no wrong. NO ONE! In fact it has been quite the opposite. No one is following Bill blindly. We all see his faults and his shortcomings. All we are saying is that we see them, we recognize them and although we are saddened by them, we prefer not to throw the baby out with the bath water. It's has gone beyond something that he should or should not get away with. What if anything has he gained? Nothing if I were asked. He has lost a lot of credibility and support, but that does not seem to be enough for you. You are after blood. You will not be satisfied until he is crawling, whimpering along the ground begging your forgiveness. Not one of us is without sin. Not you or me or Mr. Franz. We are all imperfect and we all do things we wish we had not done. If anything, it's almost as if you are worshiping Ray Franz. I am sure he is a nice man, but for goodness sakes get a grip. (This too is not an insult)

So just keep on shouting out your defenses of the fabulous Mr. Franz. After a while it becomes as the old adage says "The more he proclaimed his innocence the quicker we counted the knives."

By the way, what do you think ought to happen to Bill?

Edited by - Gary1914 on 21 November 2002 16:53:38

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hawkaw,

I asked this question on another thread but there was no answer. I'm hoping you know the answer.

Do you know what happened with the Judicial meeting scheduled for, I believe, October 27th? Was there a response from Bethel? Did the committee meet? I believe that when the accused is advised of a Judicial meeting and the accused does not reply or show up that the Judicial committee will still meet and decide whether to disfellowship or to contact the accused again.

Do you have any idea what the results were?

IW

• Brummie
    Brummie

Englishman

Seems to me that Brummie is saying that he accepts that both men have outstanding gifts and that both men also have glaring weaknesses.

Thats as simple as it was, I appreciate being unbiasedly heard. Those guys are made of the same stuff as all of us, though I am very aware that they exceed me in the outstanding gifts department and I exceed them in the glaring weaknesses.

As for fj, you used one of my quotes while addressing gary, since you misquote at lesuire let me misquote something I read in Ray Franz book: you must be suckling the tits of the governing body ...to reach the unfounded contradictory conclusions you reach. Other than that i think you must still be lost somewhere on the original thread, probably still trying to find the big deal. Thats what I meant about the giddyness caused by the other post. Poor fj your head must be spinning, its time to get of the merry go round before you haemorrhage .

Rev, your on the ball, like you I have only ever posted about 3 comments on other threads concerning this topic.

Path, Gary waiting and IW, enjoyed your posts.

And for the record Fj, you didnt upset me in the slightest, and I am not wasting one ounce of breath labouring that point. As I said, in my world disagreements are allowed and no man is a god in the sense of diety, not even RF... get over it.

At the end of the day Fj I am still not your enemy I just dont drink from the same milk teats as you do...but thats fine by me.

Brummie (living up to the reputation..lol)

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    RevMalk,
    What makes you think anyone wants to listen to you either?

Apparently you want to or you wouldn't be showing by your replies that you're reading everything I write.

fjtoth

I'm reading everything everyone writes stupid, that's why it's here. But if in YOUR mind that constitutes genuine interest, I'm glad to see that you show an interest in my opinions, it's good the hear. However, I for one could live without your ignorance. If you have something to say, at least make it sound intelligent. You babble on and on and on with your ridiculous comments that are not based in fact, or even remotely close. You tell other people to leave when you're the one that should be leaving. I have seen nothing here contributed by you that's worth the web space you've used. I encourage you to go back to school or read a book or something, it might help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit