Governing Body member is in Australia right now!

by Anonymous1 118 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Viviane
    Viviane

I just sent this email to Angus Stewart:

[email protected]

Mr. Stewart,

I hope this email finds you well. I would to say thank you for your work on the Royal Commission, particularly in your handling of the Jehovah's Witnesses elders and experts during questioning. Your skill and preparedness is evident and it makes me quite happy (as a former JW myself) to see the light being cast upon their handling of crimes in secret meetings and the utter disregard they have for the victims.

I have been watching the delayed Youtube videos of the commission (delayed as I am in the U.S. and you are conducting the proceedings while I am sleeping) and find them quite exciting and educational to watch. I particularly love the depth of work you have put into learning about their policies, past and present, and tie those back to the notes and actions of the elders and branch, which brings us to the point of my email.

I was giving a friend a re-cap of the events (as she was never a JW, she prefers a re-cap to the excitement of watching all of the proceedings) and said I should send you a nice bottle of Scotch as a thank you for your amazing work. She correctly pointed out that I've no idea if you drink Scotch. Hence, in the interest of not saying thank you in a useless way, do you drink Scotch?

I hope that is not out of line nor would potentially violate any ethics rules you may be bound by.

Thanks,
    XXX
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Viv, put this in a post all its own Por Favor, its good OP material.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Will do, FMF.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

I just sent an email to the contact address for the Royal Commission about requesting Geoffrey Jackson to appear before the RC.

I believe it would be a milestone appearance if it happens--to question one of the men who can effect change in the procedures for handling cases of child abuse.

If you haven't yet I would urge anyone on the forum to consider writing an email to the RC requesting G.J.'s appearance and give testimony.

• cognac
    cognac
    Seriously, what kind of idiot is this guy??? Hope they subpoena him...
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Brother Jackson will no doubt be giving public talks at some of the up-coming RCs in Australia. He might fit it in his schedule to drop by the Royal Commission hearings to offer an explanation in behalf of WT.
  • steve2
    steve2
    If Jackson is not an Australian citizen, he cannot be subpoenaed to the RC. Besides, even if he could be, it would be most unusual to add his name to the list of those who have been supoenaed at the last minute.
  • Anonymous1
    Anonymous1

Thank you for finding Martin's email FreeGirl2006

Emails all sent. To the TV stations, newspapers and the local Toowoomba paper too.

I'll let you know if there are any responses.

• alison123
    alison123

URGENT URGENT URGENT

Hi Anonymous1 and everyone else,

I am a producer at ABC Television in Sydney. We would very much like to make contact with Geoffrey Jackson and try and get an interview. Anonymous1, you have said in your post that he will be attending meetings at the Harristown Congregation. do you know when??

If anyone has more details of where he is staying or a contact number please call me asap. Any information will be off the record and will be confidential. I do not need to know your name, if that is a concern.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Alison

Alison McClymont
    Producer, National Reporting Team

ABC Television

700 Harris Street, Ultimo NSW 2007

T. +61 2 8333 3147

M. +61 408 495 743

E. [email protected]

T. @alisonmcclymont

• cognac
    cognac
    Alison- you should also post that info in a new thread so everyone sees it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit