Governing Body member is in Australia right now!

by Anonymous1 118 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

omg - just watched the clip above, haven't had chance to read transcripts yet as I usually do daily

quote their excuse for GJ not appearing:

"as the GB was not involved in the implementation and administration of policies and procedures in relation to child sex abuse he would not be able to give relevant evidence..."

LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...as the GB was not involved in the implementation and administration of policies and procedures in relation to child sex abuse he would not be able to give relevant evidence..."

Seriously? They actually said this??? :open_mouth:

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

He's technically right, the GB don't do admin work or implement anything at the local level..

I've come up with a line of reasoning on another thread to maybe help cut through the BS..

Any refinements or suggestions more than welcome :)

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/410510005/shameless-lies-head-australian-betel-just-protect-gb?page=2#/409850005

• Listener
    Listener

The commission has been very generous in not sending a subpoena for Jackson to turn up in true gentlemanly fashion. They've ignored this generous invitation. It's made it possible for them to select a different GB member who isn't under the same strain as Jackson. They've just proved how unhelpful they are to the commission and demonstrated that they have no intention of really cooperating.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"It's made it possible for them to select a different GB member who isn't under the same strain as Jackson."

Can somebody please tell me whether the Royal Commission has the power to subpoena another member of the GB??

Jackson is the only australian GB member on Aussie soil.. I hope they haven't passed up their only chance to get a member of the GB to take the stand..

• steve2
    steve2

Can somebody please tell me whether the Royal Commission has the power to subpoena another member of the GB??

Jackson is the only australian GB member on Aussie soil..

The Commission has no power to subpoena a citizen of another country, particularly if the individual is not in Australia.

Of course, Jackson's Australian citizenship means he could have been subpoenaed (and as you'll know, the Commission did investigate whether to subpoena him).

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I recall a form from WTS that is to be filled out by local elder/s when a case of child abuse is handled. Question #9 was especially damning. It asked (I'm paraphrasing) Did the child behave in a way that ENCOURAGED the abuse?

If anyone can show this form to the RC I think it would shine a bright light on the core attitude the Watchtower Society has toward victims of child abuse.

I would like to ask GJ or any other high ranking elder, Do you believe that in certain cases the child "asked for it"? The answer would undoubtedly be "NO" Then pull out the form and ask, Is this form from HQ? Then ask, are you familiar with question #9? Then make the elder read it out loud for the entire world to hear!

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Good call 3rdgen. Here it is:

"Even more inappropriately, the official 1993 telememo form used by elders asked the question "How many elders felt that the victim was somewhat at fault or willingly participated in the acts?"

ww.jwfacts.com/pdf/child-abuse-watchtower-telememo-1993.pdf

Will someone please email this memo to Angus Stewart?

[email protected]

• defender of truth
  • Anonymous1
    Anonymous1

Thank you everyone for your help and providing questions. Alison has access to all of them.

She got through to Geoffrey's mother but she was told he wouldn't answer or do any interviews - as was to be expected from the GB as we now know. Cowards! She said she hasn't given up and will keep pursuing this for us.

At least he knows we all know where he is now and the pressure is on.. he can't hide from the media. If they want to go after him as they have his address, phone number and when and where the meetings are he is going to in Toowoomba :)

This article was written about yesterday as well:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/08/04/13/39/ny-jehovah-s-boss-won-t-appear-at-inquiry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit