HELLO? HELLO? "ALL" SIGN IN???????

by waiting 205 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome Disengaged! Your intro triggered me to comment. It seems that this thread alone, nine pages of testimonials from people all over the spectrum of ages, sexes and situations, witness to the absurbity of the claims of the WTBTS as a loving and true reflection of what Jehovah has in mind for human interaction and organization. Any witness lurker who takes the time to peruse the comments of those contributing to this one thread, cannot excape the truth about the "truth". No need for discussions on doctrins, failed prophecies etc. Simply stated, if this is what God wants in an earthly organization, then any thinking person would also want to "disengage".

Cheers to all that have responded to dear Waitings invite!

carmel

• Francois
    Francois

I guess it's not too late to jump in with a little personal history, as I detect that's what this thread is for.

My maternal great-grandmother was at the Cedar Point, Ohio assembly back in the teen or twenties or whenever. Thus my family has had the tentacles of the society insinuating themselves through its structure for many, many years.

My maternal grandmother picked up on the party line and was successful in entrapping two of her four children: an uncle and my mother. My father resisted until I was just back from college, to which he insisted I go. If he had been in the Borg prior, he would have attempted to prevent me going, tyrant that he is.

I had one foot in and one foot out the whole time I was "in." I mean I was in college in the sixties. And I was a top 40 disc-jockey on the top rock and roll station in town. Could you have stood that close to an orgy and not jumped in? Me neither.

After college, I made the colossal mistake of marrying a Dub. And life went decidedly downhill for the next 26 years, although I did have the good sense of getting out of the dubs in my middle twenties. That is, I took the foot that had been "in" out. It was over the beard issue, which neither the elders nor the service desk could answer to my satisfaction. This led to lots of questions about lots of other topics that had always puzzled me and eventually led me out.

In my long and checkered career, I've been lots of things, some of which involved actual work. But I've always returned to writing.

Looking back on my 56 years of life, I can say without the slightest trace of hesitation that fully 95% of the pain I've experienced has been a direct consequence of my non-volunatry association with Jehovah's Witnesses.

If I could do just ONE thing differently, it would be that I would have stayed as far away from Jehovah's Witnesses as I could have gotten. It's a destructive, devisive, evil bunch. But then, you all know that.

Sincere Best Wishes for You All,
    Frank Tyrrell

• Cautious
    Cautious

Hi Tracysdad, welcome to the board – hope to see more of you. Clever guy, staying away from dubdom. Gopher has it right, the “love” at the memorial is their yearly recruitment drive thing. Its like voting day – driving to pick up anybody who shows the least bit of interest, and making sure they “see” all the “love” there.

Hello Disengaged – welcome. You will find many here who feel the same way you do about the WTS. I also did a term of about 25 years inside, and have never regretted leaving it all behind.

Francoise – so now we know some of your story. Being with the dubs causes a lot of pain, doesn’t it. Make people try to squeeze into moulds that are not humanly possible, then make you feel guilty because you can’t. It is definitely a no-win situation. I could never understand the beard thing either (a non-issue with me, being female) but just accepted it like everything else they keep shoving in your face.

Cheers everybody
    Cautious – because I won't be duped like that again!

• Cautious
    Cautious

Hello Steve4 – sorry, you were way up the list and I didn’t see you until I went back to the page.

Welcome to the board. It is hard to see loved ones duped by empty promises. At least your children won’t suffer that fate.

Take care
    Thanks for posting
    Cautious

• BugEye
    BugEye

Hi, Im BugEye, but my friends call me bugsy or BE.

40 YO, in Austalia. Nobody special, but dont mess with BugEyesWife, she is somebody special.

BugEye

• pearljan
    pearljan

skimmer,

hi. i just read your post. i was having "technical difficulity". the posts following my last one wern't coming through. anyhow, i seems to be fixed, and i'm so glad to read all the new ones. have yourguys seen the movie "return to me?" with david duchovny & minnie driver?(she needs a heart transplant) it was kind of hokey, but to me it made such a good point. how everyone who loved minnie, when she was so sick, they all prayed for her. there thoughts and energy were for her, and ofcourse she got her heart at the last minute. skimmer, you need to keep us informed about your sister, so we all here can be praying for her, and sending her energy. the least that could happen is that she feels loved. and wounded heart, thank you for your encouragment, it means alot. i think that so many "witnesses" really want to be giving, loving people, but are roadblocked in so many different ways. it feels so good not to have those in place anymore, dosen't it???

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy all new ones - we really appreciate y'all!!!

It seems that this thread alone, nine pages of testimonials from people all over the spectrum of ages, sexes and situations, witness to the absurbity of the claims of the WTBTS as a loving and true reflection of what Jehovah has in mind for human interaction and organization. Any witness lurker who takes the time to peruse the comments of those contributing to this one thread, cannot excape the truth about the "truth". - Carmel

Ain't that the truth!

Cheers to all that have responded to dear Waitings invite! - Carmel
    Carmel, my sweetpea,

I just can't get used to this New Leaf of yours. "Dear Waiting" just doesn't bring a smile to my face like "old windbag of verbosity" or one of the other affectionate names you gave me. Sorry, you trained me well........

Glad to see your post - moving accomplished? Hope so - we miss you 'round here!

waiting

carmel

• Tesha
    Tesha

My name is Leticia and I am twenty-one. I was disfellowshipped one year today, which I think calls for a celebration. Heres to my release from hell on earth! Cheers.

• outnfree
    outnfree

CONGRATULATIONS, TESHA!!!

I think your release deserves a celebration, too!
    Pull up a chair, set a spell, and enjoy the view!

And now that you're 21? \~/ Cheers!

outnfree

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hi guys! Welcome to all the other newbies! I'm looking forward to hearing more stories, comments, testimonies, etc. Are there support groups anywhere in Texas?

Billygoat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit