What did you do?

by StiLLinTruth 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

This reply is for doubtingsister. I'm not going to waste my breath answering StillIn's question
    about why I left...I think he is most likely a troll.

Doubtingsister your entire post was excellent, but my heart breaks reading this:

I felt sick in my heart when my daughter at age 5 asked if her loving Grandma was going to die at Armageddon just because she wasn't a witness. How do you teach kids things like that and still believe that God is Love?

My daughter is the same age and she recently said to me "Mom, how can God make you die
    at Armageddon, you're so sweet to me."

Talk about a horrible feeling. I had already decided not to go back, but I'll tell you what, if
    there had been a snowballs chance of me ever even considering it, that took care of it.

Stillintruth, I'm happy for you that you found a religion that makes you so happy. Hopefully you
    will follow in the steps of Christ, your exemplar, especially in the matter of humility and kindness to
    those who have been mistreated by those who claim to be representing him, and his Father.

*hugs* to you, Doubting. You're not alone in this WT created mess, by any means...

Es

p.s. Are you counting your time here, Stillin? Just curious.

The Four Agreements:
    Be Impeccable With Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

• ianao
    ianao
    Most apostate stuff turned out to be either lies about the WTBS, distorted facts, or just plain hostility, which was easy to see through. Doctrinal issues were always solved in favor of WTBS.

Unfortunately, people like you are why so many others are still stuck in your "religion". I don't suppose you and your "spiritual brother" studied any of the original materials. My assumption is that you studied the bound-reprints that hide much of the damning statements. I can see people like you 30 years from now yelling "Worship was never givin to Jesus in the NWT! NEVER!"

BTW, as you were discovering "truths about appostate lies" did you ever check to make sure you weren't reading from an unbiased source? I gather not, since "Doctrinal issues were always solved in favor of WTBS" from WTBS sources.

What's sad is, others on this board who have the original issues of the mags when they were originally printed could show you WHY you were duped, but unfortunately your faith is so firmly placed in a man-made religion that you would look back at them and call them liars because there magazine does not match your reprint.

I will desist further "argument" with you. You seem to be a TROLL anyway. (You are giving me a good laugh too. Thank you, I really needed it!)

• somebody
    somebody
    Thought it would be "fun" to go and get drunk with worldly friends? Thought it would be cool to start smoking? Lose faith in the Word because of too much associating with the world? (if you still remember your Scriptures, you should know what stand is taken).

You cheat on your wife or your husband? Thought it would be refreshing to taste the grass on the other side of the fence? Fun to covet your neighbour's spouse? Or did you just decide to get a preview of what marriage is like, and get into some good pre-marital shagging?

I knew JW's that did all that WHILE they were JWs. Looks like JWs are just like the rest of us human sinners, eh? The only difference is, some people are too puffed up with pride to admit that they are sinners.

Ya started gambling, and never repented?

Is playing the stock market a sin?

Thought it would be kEWL to support a system that's based entirely on greed and the misfortune of losers?

Oh..so that's why JW's support the WBTS! I knew there had to be a reason!

It's wonderful to have you on the board. It's great to see different opinions here.

peace,
    somebody ( I KNEW I could remain calm!)

• neyank
    neyank

Stillintruth,
    You are correct in stating that the WTS only interpreted existing prophecies
    sometimes incorrectly. That's only human nature.
    What about the fact that they have changed their teachings over and over again?

The WTS has stated that they are Gods chosen orginization.
    That God gives them infomation to dispense to His people.

Do you think God is a liar?
    Do you think God would tell His people a lie and demand that they
    believe it?
    If the WTS is Gods chosen orginization,why have they constantly
    changed their teachings?
    Don't you think God would have told them the truth the first time?

You stated that you chose what sucks the least.
    Is that how we are to detemine how God wants us to worship Him?
    And you said you actually do something that the Bible says.
    Well, what is it you do that the Bible says to do?

neyank

• hippikon
    hippikon

A sniper . Fires a few shots and disapears. See you back here next year.

Can I ask you why you joinded the "Truth". Was your life empty and meaningless. Were you a nobody that craved recognitiong. Do you desire hero status. Do you need a crutch and cant find it anywhere else.

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

See how loving that congregation is if you decide that you have doubts about something....say perhaps that you have found by reading the scriptures that the other sheep that Jesus was referring to in scripture were the gentiles. Now you perhaps confide in someone you trust about your doubts. This person in turn, concerned for you welfare goes straight to the elders with your questions. After the elders speak to you, you refuse to back down saying that the scriptures they are trying to use don't convince you that this great crowd, other sheep thing is in fact referring two classes of chrisitans one of whom has a heavenly hope, the other an earthly hope. Now it's not like you are saying you don't believe in Jesus or Jehovah, not saying that you don't believe that Jesus died for mankind, you aren't out preaching your doubts to others trying to gain converts to a new line of thinking...all you have is a doubt as to a doctrine that the WTS puts forth as gospel. However, this doubt is enough to get you disfellowshipped! Just THINKING something a bit different than what is taught by the governing body is enough to earn the heinous label of "apostate" This is a hypothetical situation that I'm sure for many out there is anything but. It has happened time and time again to people with good hearts who have simply tried to excercise their christian conscience and to "make sure of all things and hold fast to that which is true" but in doing so have lost friends and family of many years, by refusing to make "doctrines of men" their gospel. This governing body who claims to be chrisitan reflects little of the orginal christian message. Jesus died for man to free them from the letter of the law. The apostles taught of almost nothing but the fact that christ had FREED them from the bondage of manmade doctrine, that the love of christ and neighbor was what would set people free.

Just my two

Eyes

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

...as the Bible puts it.

• StiLLinTruth
    StiLLinTruth

>What about the fact that they have changed their teachings over and
    >over again?

Also human nature. Humans make mistakes, mistakes go into print. Print is then easy to look back to, when finding mistakes.

>The WTS has stated that they are Gods chosen orginization.

There was ONE "organization" in the apostle's day too. What they taught was teaching coming from God's congregation. Reading the Bible we notice how many of the apostles had their imperfections, and quite possibly affected teachings too.

>Do you think God is a liar?

Hardly.

>Do you think God would tell His people a lie and demand that they
    >believe it?

Nope, but his imperfect organization on earth might set teachings and rules based on His Word, and demand congregation members to follow them even if they were in error. This is unfortunate, but does always get fixed sooner or later.

>If the WTS is Gods chosen orginization,why have they constantly
    >changed their teachings?

They realize they've goofed, then make a change for the better. They realize WRONG AGAIN, and make yet another change.

>Don't you think God would have told them the truth the first time?

God doesn't "tell" them anything, they read it and interpret from his written Word. Like I said, there are many places where things can go wrong.

Not that we've done so bad.. on a world wide scale, growth is nice and steady, and things are looking nice.

>You stated that you chose what sucks the least.

Yeah, forced to do so in this system of things.

>Is that how we are to detemine how God wants us to worship Him?

He wants us to worship Him in spirit and in Truth. I chose what's closest to the Truth on earth. Jesus is the Truth in heaven and through Him I approach his Father.

>And you said you actually do something that the Bible says.
    >Well, what is it you do that the Bible says to do?

Oh.. Study God's word.. sanctify His name.. preach to people publicly and house to house about God's kingdom.. pray... go to meetings.. subject myself to the elders.. etc. etc.

-StiLLinTruth

• orbison
    orbison

just curious, if all the friends you know are happy with the borg,,how long have you been in the truth,,do you know what really happens behind those closed doors after the meetings,,,??
    just wondering

• orbison
    orbison

just curious, if all the friends you know are happy with the borg,,how long have you been in the truth,,do you know what really happens behind those closed doors after the meetings,,,??
    just wondering

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit