Why I don't Want children

by LuckyLucy 85 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids
    I have heard that one too many times here.

Um Lucy...perhaps there's a reason you keep hearing it??

Dana

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

As for the doom and gloom comment...Larc..you are right..in my line of work i see some pretty messed up situations.I don't give much thought to happy healthy children..because i figure they are doing great...I always felt more compassion for the underdog..also it might have something to do with having a child die in my arms.
    Good one safe4kids- hehe...see i can laugh at myself

• Xena
    Xena

Lucy go back and read your thread from the start...my first response was a general one...you replied to it...I replied to you...if anyone else had replied to me I would have responded to them....does that sufficiently answer your question?

it's a give and take thang baby

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Well,I've been here awhile....Just because I don't post all the time I really do know how this works.But actually,you did start the thread,and you're pretty much here keeping the conversation going,so I think it's a reasonable statement.

Cowboy

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Come on now..Xena...you just don't want to ruffle any feathers!! Might loose a cyber friend or two.
    Its a lets be honest thang....sweetheart.

• larc
    larc

Lucy, I think your line of work has given you a jaded, cynical outlook. As far as my comment being original, no it is not. Many people have pointed out that this is the best time in all of human history, even with the problems we have. Sure you have heard it before, but you have not addressed the issue. You simply have dismissed it.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

lucy, i'm sorry you're such a bitter person. it's great that you help other kids and you can be there for them. i'm glad you find it very rewarding. you must have had a terrible childhood for your mother to say that her dreams could have come true without her children. to me, that is the most selfish thing i've heard on this whole thread. you can only blame so many of your problems on the jw's, then you have to start taking responsibility for yourself, actions and choices. this isn't directed just at you, i guess it's just a statement that i felt needed to be made.

children are definitely our future. if you think there are too many bad things in this world, how do you plan on changing them?

• Xena
    Xena

ROFL....you must not have run across many of my posts if you believe that Lucy.

But I have found people will believe what they want to, no matter what I say...so on that note I will leave you to your thread that you don't want anyone to post to...uuummm what unless they agree with you?

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Lucy,

I'm only guessing here, but it sounds as though you've had some pretty traumatic things happen in your life. I agree with Eyegirl that the message your mother conveyed to you was a pretty rotten one for a child to hear from her mother. However, many of us here have been traumatized in many different ways, and what I am trying to say is that it can shape a person's outlook in such a way they are unable to see anything good in life. That's what I am getting from your posts, and it saddens me because it doesn't have to be that way. If you want to talk, let me know, and I'll give you my email addy.

Take care,

Dana

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Might I offer a bit of a suggestion to you to help out the whole world? Have you ever thought about adoption? You get a child to love and care for as well as provide a much better life for someone who's already here. That way you don't contribute to over population and get to help a child get through this world that can be rather crazy at times. I know at least one married couple who have a child of their own and are completely able to have many more but have been considering adoption for those very reasons. Well, that and the wife has wanted a boy and a girl. They already have a boy and this way they'd definitely have a boy and a girl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit