Why I don't Want children

by LuckyLucy 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

lucy,

>>> God also said "woe to the woman that has a child near the end" or something like that.

and you think we are in the last days???

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

http://www.aacap.org/publications/factsfam/suicide.htm

Suicides among young people nationwide have increased dramatically in recent years. Each year in the U.S., thousands of teenagers commit suicide. Suicide is the third leading cause of death for 15-to-24-year-olds, and the sixth leading cause of death for 5-to-14-year-olds

Just for the record i never told anyone here that they must agree with me...i respect people that have different opionions as mine and not afraid to express...why does my opionion bother you so much?? I was expecting comments such as this. What I did'nt expect where some of the people that have children and openly agree...takes courage to admit it.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I was an only child until I was almost 11 years old. At that time, my parents had twins. Twins that were very sickly and needed lots of attention for the first two years of their lives. My parents used me a lot as the big sister to help raise them. A job I hated at the time because it kept a lot of my own childhood at arm's length. But now I am thankful for some of the experience I had helping raise my brothers. I realized from a young age that babies are not just a romantic little toy to play with. They are damn hard work and one should think very clearly about it before deciding to have any.

Today I am 31 years old with no children. I don't feel like I'm missing out either. At least not for now. Perhaps someday Neil and I will have ONE. But I do question "why" do I want kids. The only reason I can come up with is that I want to raise a child that will better this world. I want to do everything I can to make that child happy and healthy in every facet of his/her life and to affect those around him/her in a positive manner. I guess I look at this a bit like Xena does. Is it selfish for me to want this world to be a better place because my child is in it? Maybe so. Should I feel guilty about it? I don't think so.

I think if if a person decides to have kids in this world, they should question their motives. It's a huge decision. But I don't need someone like LuckyLucy telling me I'm selfish for wanting a child no matter what my motives. Labeling me "selfish" because I have a different viewpoint than her is pretty selfish in itself. I'm not sure if she realizes she's doing exactly what she doesn't seem to like.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Realist...I certainly hope this merrygoround will stop soon...
    I hate to even imagine how much worse this world will be in a feww more decades..
    do you really think your grandchildren will have it good?
    Not only is evil running rampant but we are destroying our own resources.

• Xena
    Xena

And who is going to stop it Lucy if not the children we have and raise to try to make the world a better place?

• Realist
    Realist

Lucy,

but then the question is...when was it better in history? the world was and will always be a dangerous place.

do you believe in paradise as described by the WT?

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Xena ...this world is beyond repair and having babies is not going to solve any problems..just add to.
    To those who say i am labeling you ...you make me laugh!! You turn around and say i am selfish...Is'nt that now labeling me??? Hypocrates!!

You can take the JW out of the Kingdom Hall but you can't take the Kingdom hall out of the JW!!

• Xena
    Xena

Good point Realist....in retrospect now I find it amusing how much stress the JW's put on how horrible the times we live in now are....you have to wonder if they have cracked open a history book lately....when it comes to justice and personal safety...well I for one would rather live NOW than at just about any other time in history....

• Xena
    Xena

Just curious Lucy....what are you doing besides not having babies to make the world a better place?

lol and come on, you start a thread calling people who have children selfish and you don't expect them to be a bit testy?

• TisInYourWishbone
    TisInYourWishbone

You have no idea of how wrong you are , For you cannot deny you do not know what you do not know.
    But i am happy your paranoia has manifest a decision for you not to want children. because to put it frankly you would not be fit to raise good or perhaps for choice of a better word healthy children with such a pesimistic outlook. I do not doubt for a minute you are a kind and caring person (in fact to kind and caring most Likely) i am only suggesting you only absorb bad news. Statistics can do whatever you want them to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit