Why I don't Want children

by LuckyLucy 85 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Now I have to post my kids pics

Here is my oldest....this pic is about 2 yrs old.she hates it hehehe I think its sweet.

Two more comming

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Kudos to those that are good parents!!!
    Even the best of parents make huge mistakes at the cost of their child's well being
    (this group here is a great example...alot of us were dragged into a sick cult)
    What really worries me is women that are drug addicts..
    women that have them so they can live off the system,
    women who think they want one until reality hits them that it's not all fun and games
    ...and they abandon them..abuse them ect.ect..
    Wouldnt you say this is a major problem in our society today?/
    n

Edited by - LuckyLucy on 15 November 2002 9:36:41

• shera
    shera

This is my son

Edited by - shera on 15 November 2002 10:4:13 Gezzz I tried to make it bigger,but it was a tad bit too big

Edited by - shera on 15 November 2002 10:6:47

• shera
    shera

Here is my youngest daughter

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Lucy ---

I must agree with the others that you have made the right choice for yourself. You should not have kids unless you really want them. And no, that wouldn't be selfish if you did.

Look at it this way. Yes, I've had some heartache and troubles in my life, but on balance I'm extremely grateful to be alive. I wouldn't have missed it for anything, and feel that I'm far ahead in that game. To dedicate oneself to the giving of others an opportunity to experience the same beauty and privilages that I have is a wonderful and loving thing. I want to share it with them.

Yes, I'm a father --- of six.

Tell me, are you glad to be alive?

LoneWolf

• shera
    shera

Scootergirl,your child is a sweetheart.

Edited by - shera on 15 November 2002 10:10:10

I tried to edit it before you noticed ....sorrie.He's a cuite for sure and he will grow up to be a handsom MAN

Edited by - shera on 15 November 2002 10:13:37

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Lucy,the view that the world is not a fit place for children is a very much JW point of view.

God also said "woe to the woman that has a child near the end" or something like that.

Sounds to me like someone that's still waiting for armegeddon .

That you choose not to have children is certainly your right.However that doesn't give you the right to to tell the rest of us that we shouldn't.

Perhaps to choose to have children is done selfishly.As often as not,it's not a decision as much as a result of another decision,which is usually not real well thought out.Either way,raising children may or may not be selfish,but it's very rewarding.Watching my children grow and learn and accomplish is the greatest joy of my life,and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

You don't have to tell me about the risks.My 18 month old nephew died in the bombing of the Murrah building in Oklahoma City.A child could not have been more loved or better cared for than he was.There is simply no way you can take away all the risks,but you do the best you can.Sad as they are,the things that happened to Ruby's neice,or to my nephew are not to be expected.I can't justify not having children,just because something might happen to them.It's like not getting out of bed in the morning 'cause something bad might happen.

By the way,the cult wasn't my mistake-I was born in.But I don't hold it against my parents.They were good people doing what they thought was right.Good parents will be good parents,and bad ones will be bad,whether they're jw's or not.

Cowboy

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I am sooo glad to be alive!!But.... If i had'nt been born(it really wouldnt matter because i wouldnt know it..hehe)...my mom would have been able to live her dreams and wouldnt have the guilt or pain to live with...therefore she could have helped more people..Would'nt you agree that the suicide rate of Just the JW are extremely high?? What about them...they were not happy being alive...they are now at peace but their loves ones are liveing lives of guilt and a deep deep pain that will never leave.My aunt was so unhappy that she took her own life at age 12.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

btw, that's scooter's little boy--my nephew

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    By the way,the cult wasn't my mistake-I was born in.But I don't hold it against my parents.They were good people doing what they thought was right.Good parents will be good parents,and bad ones will be bad,whether they're jw's or not.

Couldn't agree with you more, cowboy!

LOL eye.......I guess I should have cleared that up about Nathan.......he is ALL boy! LOL

And shera, your children are beautiful as well!

Edited by - scootergirl on 15 November 2002 10:9:37

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit