Why I don't Want children

by LuckyLucy 85 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

People often ask me why I don't have children...."Is it because you don't like them?" It's quiet the contrary. I like them alot! For one thing we are way too populated .For another thing...uhhhh...just look around..this world is not safe to say the least...why would anyone want to bring another living human into this corrupt sick world.When people say they want a child..it sounds very selfish to me. "I want"

Edited by - LuckyLucy on 15 November 2002 8:5:8

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I agree with you.

• Perry
    Perry

Unfortunately that is a view shared only in more educated societies.

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Lucky Lucy----------------

What if----- Your parents had thought the same thing ?

Sounds a bit like J W thinking I belive, however it's

a personal choice.

Just another reason I like living in the U S A.

Searchin50

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

If that is how you feel, then it is a good thing that you aren't a parent. Best choice for you.

• Matty
    Matty

I certainly agree with you to a certain extent, but saying that, don't you think you will likely wind up people who have decided to have children by that statement? It's a bit like the thread where people were saying "I would rather die than not have sex" winding up those of us who aren't getting any!

• shera
    shera

I see your point,I have 3 children of my own and I'm happy to have them.No regrets at all.My view is,if you don't want kids..that can come arcoss as selfish.I understand this is one crazy world with a lot of sicko's in it,and it can be scarey bringing children in it.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I would exercise caution in making statements like that; it's too close to labeling, which many of us dislike because it infers a negative judgement towards others who don't view the issue the same way. That said, most of what we do as humans is "selfish", meaning that we act in our own self-interests (gawd, I can't believe I said that! ). However, it is important to remember that the desire to reproduce is a very powerful, and NORMAL, human imperative. It's good that you are aware of how strongly you feel about it and I'm assuming that you've chosen not to have children; they're certainly not for everyone . Different strokes for different folks, hey?

Dana

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Searchin...if my parents had felt the same (which my mom does now)I would'nt be here and would'nt know the difference and would have missed alot pain.

I believe women have children thinking it will fill some void in their life and men want children to carry on thier name..if you really honesty think about it..both those reasons are extremely selfish.

Edited by - LuckyLucy on 15 November 2002 8:24:27

• Matty
    Matty

I know what you mean, but it depends on your definition of the word "Selfish", it doesn't have to always be a negative thing to be selfish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit