Stupid Rules - LIST!!!! ( CONTEST )

by breeze 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Don't participate in the National Anthem at the ball park. Run for the bathroom to cover.

• berten
    berten

Recording the sound of the dramas at congregations was forbidden,

many JW's could not understand this rule,me neither.

Imagine that;Jehovers spiritual food being subjected to wordly laws by copyrighting it...

• jazbug
    jazbug

Back in the 70's, Jw's weren't supposed to put wedding pictures in the newspaper. I don't know if that has changed. But there was nothing wroong with putting in wedding anniversary pictures. Can't figure out the difference/

• JeffT
    JeffT

Endless rules about what time "counted" and what time didn't. In the congregation I was in the longest, it depended on which elder you were talking to.

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

I read that in the 50's when men wore hats they were not to tip them for women. It was idle worship even tho it was the custom back then. Just made the poor dub men look rude.

brandy

• hopper
    hopper

How about not celebrating the birth of your children because only two birthdays were mentioned in the bible and someone was killed at both of them. I don't know about you, but I want my kids to know how happy I am that they are here, and NO "the day of their death will not be better than the day of their birth", I think I have a little to do with what kind of person they grow up to be.

• jurs
    jurs

Not being able to say God Bless you, whenever someone sneezes.

Remember the Macaraina song and dance? that was another no no.

not being able to give out invitations in the parking lot.

No blue fingernail polish.

jurs

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

There was an older brother in our hall who wouldn't play cards or dice because he said they were demonized. sheesh!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Dutchie,

That not saying "Lucky" thing got me too. The word "fortunate" was to be used instead. Don't they realize that "fortunate" finds it's root in the Roman goddess of luck "Fortuna"?

• Simon
    Simon

Not having party's sorry "get-togethers" without inviting the elders. What a get-together-killer !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit