Stupid Rules - LIST!!!! ( CONTEST )

by breeze 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• In_between_days
    In_between_days
    miss piggy liked ,flirting with the men guests.That was beastality..

That is by far the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I don't either. But I can see that the underlying logic is that you've got to be within the inner circle of those who have approval and know all the right winks, nods and secret handshakes - hence my question.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Is it just my ignorance of protocol that got me through?

Pretty much. People who are classed as just "studies" ie. non-jws are given a fair bit of lee-way, which is reduced the longer they study and the amount of involvement with the jws is increased.

• SYN
    SYN

1. Having to wear a tie in the southern African summer weather. Imagine being inside an oven with a big piece of cloth strung around your neck, listening to a spectacularly boring speech for days on end.

2. Not being able to say "gosh", or "geeze".

3. Dishclothes for girls. Uck.

4. Having to watch what you said to other Dubs.

5. Chaperones! (ARGH)

• jurs
    jurs

Being Disfellowshipped for looking at information about the organization that is written by former members or by those that tell unflattering truths.

jurs

• breeze
    breeze

What do you think Simon???

You pick the best!!!

BREEZE

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Having to wear a jacket/suit, shirt and tie on a congregation visit to the British Museum.

• Lin
    Lin

No Holding Hands unless you're engaged!

No sitting together at meetings with you're Boyfriend/Girlfriend unless engaged!

No watching Casper the Friendly Ghost!

No watching Bewitched..we did anyway..

No Pantsuits for woman.

Basically, it boils down to No Fun!

• Sabine
    Sabine

No smoking because it causes harm to the body (I agree, it's not good for you)....well neither is eating cheese burgers if you weigh 300 lbs!!! The bible doesn't mention smoking, but it does mention gluttony. I personally know of one elder and one CO that had diabetes and didn't follow the proper diet, they had toes and parts of their feel amputated...doesn't that show lack of appreciation for your body???? The religion is full of obese and/or alcoholic people, but these forms of abusing your body are just ignored. Smoking, on the other hand, is a disfellowshipping offense.

• breeze
    breeze

List of stupid rules never will be complete too many to lis???

BREEZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit