Stupid Rules - LIST!!!! ( CONTEST )

by breeze 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shera
    shera

No tampons!!!! LOL,that is just right out dumb....won't be a virgin,sex is what takes away your virginity..hahahahaha

OH!!!I remember the elders saying,when you shower,donot wash your ,you know whats,with your hands,you may excite yourself.He said to use a washcloth to clean ourselves.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Stupid rule they enfore: Restrictions, even when you cry blood and tears, you still get the restrictions that I have seen last for 8 months and longer. Did Jesus say do that? Did he do that? NO!!!!!!!!!!

As a kid you couldnt even join the 4-H club, or the Sparkies( fire prevention club).

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Can't say it was a rule but strongly suggested that when carrying a purse especially while visiting Brooklyn you should not as a sister carry a red handbag/purse. Don't ya know that when carrying a red handbag/purse it signifies you are a streetwalker/prostitute?

As a child/teen I saw so many prostitutes. All the wonderful sisters gossiping behind behind any poor womans back who dared to carry a red handbag.

• dobby
    dobby

No humming to Xmas songs played while shopping.

No non meeting toys or books for the kids at the meetings.

Expecting small kids to sit still during the meeting.

Believing that cleaning the Kingdom Hall was a "privilege"

No toasting.

No "R" rated movies.

No rap music or heavy metal. No disco music or disco dancing. No breakdancing.

No listening to Michael Jackson.

No Tae Bo (maybe only in my congregation but it was banned from the platform)

No attending friends or families weddings or funerals held in a church.

No eating those conversation hearts around Valentine's Day. or candy corn around Halloween or turkey on Thanksgiving.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Believing that cleaning the Kingdom Hall was a "privilege"

ROTFL

Reminds me of another one:

Believing that adjusting the mikes is a privelege.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Inserting one's body parts only where the WTS says they can be inserted.

Man that's funny. So was the Miss Piggy one. I can't top those.

The dumbest rule ever is shunning your family because they don't wanna be a dub no more.

~Beck~

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You're truly repenting the sin you committed, and made it clear you're never going to repeat it no more, and so we are all very happy and peace and tranquility have been restored - but you won't be able to reply with a word even to the simplest "yes or no" questions at the book study or WT study for months .................

Don't invite children ages 9 thru 13 from the neighbouring congregations to join in with your congregation's children for a bit of field service and then afterwards pizza and coke, because youth gatherings stir immorality and there will always be someone there to act immorally ..............

Adressing a 9-year old "evil" boy as "brother", because he reports field service, while your own angelic girls of 12 and 13 are addressed with first name only, as they don't report, and they therefore ask you questions as to how come they are not counted as belonging to the brotherhood, if they are worthless ..................

Wearing jacket and tie in an ultra-rural area in the field service ...............

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Private reproof but not allowing the reproved one to comment at the book study. It doesn't stay private for long!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

How come I've gotten away with making comments, asking questions, etc. at the two book studies I've been at? Is it just my ignorance of protocol that got me through?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well Steph, it's like this.......you've gotta be up before a JC first, then you get reproved. See?

Don't worry, I don't!!

Ozzie (the real one)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit