Stupid Rules - LIST!!!! ( CONTEST )

by breeze 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breeze
    breeze

Stupid rules list....

I will start...

Number 1) Two people have to witness a sin before it is reported to the Superior Authorities....making me the org the last word in all areas.

The most stupid rule gets to post it once the GB has judged it the most stupid? Maybe SIMON will be one of the JUDGES....

BREEZE

• Matty
    Matty

Head coverings for women "taking the lead" in spiritual matters like praying or leading a group on the ministry. Usually involving a hanky or whatever's to hand.

That is the dumbest by far.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

If you have a beard (CANADA), you can't serve as a MS or elder. Some of the nicest brothers I knew had beards... come to think of it, throughout my whole JW career, I only knew 3 that "bucked" the rules and wore a beard... damn, come to think of it, I think they were bikers (driving their Harley's to the KH). LOL :)

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Having to "count" your time in field service. And being reprimanded if you didn't put in enough hours .

Saw too many wait till the end of the month and make lots of "spiritual" phone calls to make up for not getting their time in. (Not me...I never did that!)

Edited by - Tatiana on 23 October 2002 12:41:29

• Scully
    Scully

What about having your spirituality judged by whether your car was 2-door, 4-door or a 7-passenger van??

Love, Scully

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Not using the word "Lucky".

• breeze
    breeze

That reminds me of another one...can I do two....rules guy.....oh that's me......

My Mom wouldn't eat LUCKY CHARMS cereal....and we could even buy it and have it in the house....

BREEZE

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Having to sit in a room and have an elder decide if my daughter was "qualified" to be a publisher. I didn't even want to sit thru it, it pissed me off so much. I told my wife, "Who cares if some dweeb approves her or not. Doesn't Jehovah know what she's doing?" Sheesh.........

Sorry, just had to vent for minute.

• Angharad
    Angharad

When your a kid not being allowed to have pictures of your favourite pop star - idolatry ya know

• Scully
    Scully

We couldn't have Count Chocula or Boo Berry Cereal either. We couldn't even have the Rice Krispies with the green and red ones in that were made for Christmas.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit