Why Im ignoring my friends.

by refiners fire 133 Replies latest jw friends

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

255, and how many of those would happen to be posting on the same exJW board, from the same area?

• Angharad
    Angharad

I don't think I made my point very well.

Your proof seems to be pretty tenuous and circumstantial ... the IP addresses were different?!

What times apart were they?

Would YOU be happy to be convicted of something for instance if your IP address "started with the same numbers" as someone else's?

• Simon
    Simon

oops ... wrong logon!

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Simon the times of one post were exactly at the same time it showed up in one of my logs, on the same thread, you post, and the thread you were just reading is re-opened immediatly, with no other posts or reads of that thread at the same time.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Eman: It is possible to fake IP addresses but easier still for someone to create an account and share it with some others.

Ah, I think that I am beginning to understand. This poor Englishman struggles if he can't see the wheels going around and the pistons going up and down..

So, just to clarify: When, say, US visitors to my home post on JW.com from my computer, they first of all need to know MY password if they want to post under their own screen identity. They in effect re-register under MY IP addy, albeit temporarily?

But if I wanted to lay a fake trail, I could register in the UK, pass on my ID and password to persons in the US and other countries, and several people could all pretend to be the same poster?

Englishman.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

You can't fake your IP, unless you happened to have hacked into some major big routers, and DNS servers, your IP will always be your IP, even when you try to fake your host name in an e-mail.

• Prisca
    Prisca

TH,

I would appreciate it if you stop accusing me and others on this board of impersonating others unless you can prove it. I know you're not going to listen to me, but at least I don't stoop to low tactics like you have just admitted, in trying to trap IP addresses.

You have NO PROOF that I am Julie, so stop the accusations. I know who some of the fake personalities are, and you have guessed wrong in the past, and you are guessing wrong again.

If you spent the same amount of time in trying to look for a job, as you do in trying to hack into people's computers, you'd have a decent job by now.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    You can't fake your IP, unless you happened to have hacked into some major big routers, and DNS servers, your IP will always be your IP, even when you try to fake your host name in an e-mail.

Obviously, but if, say, I had an axe to grind with a work colleague who was also an ex who posted on JW.com, it would be easy for me to impersonate that poster if I used his computer? There's a lot of ex's who do work together.

Suppose I had a major upset with someone who had recently sold or given me a computer, I could also do the same thing surely, impersonate that person using the computer that he once owned?

The chances are that work colleagues and friends will have knowledge of each others passwords, it wouldn't be that difficult.

I've seen long term friends at daggers drawn after they've gone into business with each other. I've also seen long term friends become mortal enemies when 2 out of a once happy foursome flutter their eyelashes at one another. Those sort of circumstances could cause someone to behave that way if access to their once-friends computer was available.

Englishman.

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman

..or could someone with computer knowledge use one of these proxy servers perhaps?

// http://www.samair.ru/xwww/proxy.htm

Lot's of au links too. Hmmm!

Englishman.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    If you spent the same amount of time in trying to look for a job, as you do in trying to hack into people's computers, you'd have a decent job by now.

LOL prisca, first off, you just repeated something that Fake julie said, LOL, man you trap yourself, you don't need my help. Second off, I look for work everyday, if you had a clue, what the job market is like in Washington State, where we have the highest unemployment rate in the US, the Tech Capitol of the US at that, then you wouldn't say such stupid things. Thirdly, I'm not hacking anybody's system, you are connecting to my server, when you view the image, simple as that, it takes me all of about 5 mins to set this up, it's called software, it's called automated scripts. I just had a job interview on Tuesday for one of the largest drug companys in the US. So keep up the personal attacks prisca, it's really funny when you echo something that someone your supposedly not, in almost the same exact wording.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit