Is Watchtower imploding? 10 reasons why the end could be nigh

by WildeLover 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Magnum
    Magnum

Very good article. I agree with it.

What's profound to me is that, according to the org, we're in the last of the last days and JWs are doing the final march around Jericho and billions of lives are at stake and JWs have the one and only key to survival.

It just doesn't make sense for that to be the situation and for JWdom to be behaving the way it is - becoming less bold and less personal in preaching, cutting back on literature, etc. JWs are trending away from the bold, strong warnings of yesteryear and becoming soft, less confrontational, less capable of answering questions, less willing to attempt to answer questions, etc. All that and the end of the world is imminent? Their actions don't match their words.

• jhine
    jhine

Thanks Petroglyph .

Jan

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It just doesn't make sense for that to be the situation and for JWdom to be behaving the way it is - becoming less bold and less personal in preaching, cutting back on literature, etc

The big fat loud and obnoxious cat cant afford to be that loud and obnoxious anymore, for to do so could very well injure itself upon those old styled teachings and prophecies, that were obviously wrong and false.

So the positioning now is to be a little quieter and reserved in its approach to the public, still trying to be alluring in many ways but much more reserved in how its presented, in comparison to the past.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

To the Contrary of Wishful Thinking..

The WBT$ is Alive and Well....And.....Will probably "Out Live" us all..

..................Image result for Well that sucks

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Is Watchtower imploding?

nah

• Dagney
    Dagney

The WBTS is a corporation. All decisions are made to keep the corporation alive. There will always be faithful followers who need the religion and will help keep it alive with their work and money. They will make whatever investments necessary at the congregation level to keep the corporation going, acquire or sell...they are all business decisions.

They don't care about the preaching work. They know and have said it is completed. Now it is how do they keep it going with the least expense and keep the facade of importance to the faithful. They should have let go of the massive printing of the magazines 20 years ago...that was a long time coming and it was the old GB that didn't want the "work" to change.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The old Watchtower is starting to show its age, built up on old false pretentious doctrines but alas there is an attempt to build a more modernized version to appeal to the public and draw up attention like the old tower once did.

......... they just need some more money now to accomplish this endeavor .

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

To some degree, I think the decline started around 2000 in some of the things I was in bethel. 9/11 gave the corporation a temporary boost in enthusiasm and numbers. After that, the economic meltdown around 2008 didn't give any real boost to enthusiasm or numbers like I'd thought it might. WT still boasts about increases, but there is the increase in 'anointed' that they don't talk about, and decreases elsewhere that they try to whitewash.

Regarding their "Master Plan", the GB is completely reactionary. These are guys whose master plan was to build their headquarters on a toxic waste site. I think they're going to try to sell the buildings that would make them money and convince the sheeple to drive over to the halls in the low-rent neighborhoods.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The Watchtower organization has lots of old money in the form of massive assets, including huge cash reserves.

Lately it has concocted novel ways of multiplying its overall assets, including enormous amounts of new cash and new cash flow. In the real world we all live in, lots of capital makes a corporation stronger. Watchtower is becoming stronger financially.

Watchtower's leadership does not give one hoot about doctrine. It's new mode of strengthening itself is to alter how it rakes in financial assets. That's the new light! That's Watchtower's new religious movement.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That was a great article. What's going to happen?? NOBODY KNOWS.

We can speculate, based on trends, but we just can't say. Humans are smart, humanity is stupid. There are real problems out there, yet Dancing With The Stars is popular, instead of PBS.

I believe the most we can do is expose the WTBTS and maybe get a family member out. 100 years from now, there will be Dot-Orgers clinging to some remnant of JWism and silently manning litteratrash carts.

They will teach that some of the early Dot-Orgers ( know as Jehovahs Witnesses ) could have been anointed, but they can't say for sure.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit