Is Watchtower imploding? 10 reasons why the end could be nigh

by WildeLover 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/is-watchtower-imploding-10-reasons-why-the-end-could-be-nigh

hi All

i dont know how to hyperlink the link above,

it's a link to an article by Cedars on the possibility of the WT imploding?

article is very well written, too good to be true though!

signs are there that things are cracking

WildeLover

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Thanks - spiritual food indeed!
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Here you go:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/is-watchtower-imploding-10-reasons-why-the-end-could-be-nigh/

Oh, how I wish it were true, and I be around to witness the fall of the Tower!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Cedar's makes some very good points. It would be nice to see the org. Go away completely. However, to many folks are in to deep and to invested to give up hope now!

I am hoping for 50 to 60% reduction worldwide. Of course when the numbers start to slip...the WT will spin or stop sharing the data.

I believe allowing Internet access to the rank and file...is coming back to bite them? All the little old sisters now have a tablet. People are finding the "bad" websites and seeing the negative news articles. They are active JW's, they have to snoop! Now they can do it in private on their PC, tablet or smart phone.

I believe the zone meeting rant from Tony Morris did a lot of damage. It exposed the GB as man made rule makers to 1.1 million publishers in 1 weekend. The GB really blew the chance to have a Historic event. Instead the only memories? 1 older out of touch leader, worried about Tight pants. Really?

• galaxie
    galaxie

The watchtower , by their own admission was built on unsound foundations. This has been attested to by their rejection of ' the old teachings ' to which they no longer hold. Any structure built on shaky / inappropriate foundations will eventually to avoid collapse,have to be 'propped up ' therein lies the rub, there will always be those who will prop up or accept the reasons for such to maintain the survival of the original. Their investment ( for whatever reason ) is deemed too important to contemplate demolition.

Propping up = NEW LIGHT.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I said it before, we are seeing history in the making. I especially see the WT morphing into a cult like Scientology. Cedars makes this same point;

The winds of change have completely overtaken Watchtower in the internet age, and the Governing Body find themselves in a whole different ball game to their predecessors. Watchtower needs to drastically downscale its operations to, say, a handful of branches and zero printing.

In other words, it needs to become like its noisy neighbor Scientology, which despite having only 50,000-or-so members (and an even worse reputation) still has an impressive portfolio of valuable property scattered across the globe and minimal overheads compared to Watchtower.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The ten or more major problems WT is currently dealing with reminds me of what Simon said in another thread about a male celebrity who has been accused of sexual misconduct by dozens of women..."THERE'S TOO MUCH SMOKE FOR THERE NOT TO BE A FIRE"!

There are way too many mayor problems WT is currently battling for them not to be in clear and present danger of imploding. Yahooooo, yay, happy, happy, happy!!!

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

Using a URL shortener...

Link to Cedars' article

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Myself as well others have assumed that the WTS is being deceptive in its proclamations that its under a heavy burden of debt . The sale of the organization's properties in Brooklyn New York grossed close to a billion dollars US.

The sell off of many of the WTS's branches around the world could be added to that accumulation of wealth.

The organization now is in development of a new UK branch to cover the UK and surrounding countries.

In others word the WTS has never been richer in its entire history. The numbers cant be covered over, although the WTS has made an attempt to do so.

The new master plan as described in the letter to all congregations in the US , appears that the WTS wants congregations that have low attendance in numbers that they should perhaps sell that Hall and merge with another Hall, selling off the mostly old and inefficient Kingdom Halls. Once again there's a fattening up the WTS coffers or a fill up the renovation fund to update and modernize already functioning Kingdom Halls.

This new approach of modernization is being done so to appeal to the publics eye as an alluring aspect.

So yes in the immediate future you will see Kingdom Halls that look expensive and electronically modernized , there is an hidden agenda by the WTS to do that, its called self promoting commercialization

• DJS
    DJS

JWGoneBad: "Yahooooo, (and Google, Bing, Firefox, InternetExplorer, Safari, Chrome, etc.) yay, happy, happy, happy!!!"

There, I fixed that for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit