Is Watchtower imploding? 10 reasons why the end could be nigh

by WildeLover 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Watchtower is changing in order to appear less demented. I think it will carry on and on in a limping sort of way long after we are dead. It's core beliefs will be "refreshed" with each generation of followers, until they hardly exist as we know them today.

Having been there in the sixties and looking at them now. It is fascinating to see how unrecognisable they are today. The passion is gone the conviction in their doctrines is wobbling.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think it is a very real possibility that these demented delusional fools called the illustrious Governing Body aka Faithful and Demented Slave may be driving Jehovah's Chariot off a financial cliff of bankruptcy.

Hey they are in a delusional state and banking on wishful thinking to stabilize and direct this behemoth to financial solvency, buying property that has been contaminated by PCB and other carcinogens and moving Headquarter to live on it is just one example of how stupid they are and that is just one example of which there are many more. I don't think they are going to make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNiM2urAq9A

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I agree for all the reasons given in the article that the WT is faced with a decision: adapt ot die.

Reform would be the logical conclusion (put through the WT spin-cycle to emerge as nu-lite of course.)

I 'm just dying to see which way this particular cat is going to jump.

• DJS
    DJS

Sparrowdown: "I agree for all the reasons given in the article that the WT is faced with a decision: adapt ot die.

Reform would be the logical conclusion (put through the WT spin-cycle to emerge as nu-lite of course.)

I 'm just dying to see which way this particular cat is going to jump."

Ditto. Entire books have been written about this (see "Change or Die" by Alan Deutschman). It is common for corporations to be overtaken, at least temporarily, by large social, cultural and economic changes, especially if they have arrogantly or ignorantly thought that they were immune. This 'cat', the Dark Lords in this case, is both arrogant and ignorant.

As some of us have suggested, the re-tooling of their business design has consultant written all over it. It shouldn't be seen as a death stroke, as numerous corporations have rise from the ashes, like a Phoenix, to be re-born as something better.

Having said that, you are spot on (are you really LisaRose??) as usual. Which way will this cat leap. They seem to have placed their trust in whomever is directing the change, for good or bad. The problem with the Dark Lords is cash flow, as we have routinely suggested. Old money, deep pockets and capital gains shouldn't be used for O&M expenses. The cash flow for their business design has dried up, so they've invented a new one.

It is fraught with problems, as they are trying to get operating funds from the poorest and least educated religious group in the world. Good luck with that. Unlike IBM, GE, Apple, etc., they are severely limited with options for new venues for cash flow. The new strategy hinges on one thing, methinks: whether the rank and file will fork over limited $ to the Dark Lords in sufficient manner to keep the engine running.

Once they have to dip into reserve, capital gains, savings, investments, etc. to cover operating expenses on a regular basis, the fat lady has begun to sing.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    DJS -

I believe the WT have painted themselves into a corner in so many ways.

They have been throwing resources (human and monetary) around like a stoned hip hop artist for so long and failed to notice that they are losing popularity and fans fast.

They have driven off the best of their human assets ie the thinkers, or anyone with heart, because they simply don't care about retaining good people while they have plenty of new recruits to use and throw away.

We are already seeing changes that could only be construed as swerving to avoid the approaching fiscal cliff.

Fat lady start singing your heart out.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

They sold a billion pounds worth of property in the last ten years...and whilst the internet can easily reveal they are false they still have a percentage rise in numbers each year...

They may change and evolve but they ain't going nowhere...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Wishful thinking that the JW would go away. I don't think it will. It may dwindle in size but won't go away. Darn!!!!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Dancing With The Stars is popular, instead of PBS

That and the fact that Trump is leading the polls in the GOP kinda sums it all up in the USofA, doesn't it.

That should tell ya that there will always be some suckers around for WT to scam.

Doc

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It would be nice to drive by the Kingdom Hall's one day soon and see this message.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    DesirousOfChange - Dancing With The Stars is popular, instead of PBS
    That and the fact that Trump is leading the polls in the GOP kinda sums it all up in the USofA, doesn't it.
    That should tell ya that there will always be some suckers around for WT to scam.

That reminds me... Did you hear the one about the Republican presidential candidate who turned up in the "boyhood home of President Clinton" for a GOP dinner to find the place teeming with a surprisingly racially diverse crowd?

All of the African American attendees, it became clear, were on site to attend a Jehovah's Witness conference taking place next door. Trump's crowd, in the end, was almost completely white.

TRUE STORY. It happened this weekend.

Trump out trumped by Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit