Is Watchtower imploding? 10 reasons why the end could be nigh

by WildeLover 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    I know of several that get the stipend. Similar to a special pioneer. One is an ex bethelite and one is an ex-CO. It's not a lot. Also I believe that If someone from the local Congo where u go gives you a place to live this is taken into account and your stipend is lowered. The ex bethelite is expected to put in special pioneer hours but the ex-CO is not due to his age.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Demographics and spending are always tied together. The real question is how much of the millions spent each year are for these retiree costs? Just another reason that that many miss with the $$$

Unless they are granted "Special Pioneer" status, I know of no such "pension" for these guys.

Yes, many Congs built apartments or even detached homes that former CO/DOs might be allowed to use, but that is all at the expense of the Cong which pays the utilities, maintenance, etc.

Doc

• sir82
    sir82

I tend to take anything written by Cedars with a boulder of salt.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ galaxie:

The watchtower , by their own admission was built on unsound foundations.

When did they admit this??

• galaxie
    galaxie

@ my name.....

The wtbts was established with certain core beliefs which constituted a ' foundation ' which they widely published thereby recruiting followers who adhered to those beliefs. These beliefs were seen as the true understood word of god. These core ( foundation ) and subsequent beliefs have been rejected by the contemporary governing body. This rejection even if justified as ' new light ' is their own admission of the original foundational teachings/ beliefs having been unsound. Therefore they admit the original foundations of wtbts was unsound every time they announce new light.

Best wishes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ galaxie...

Pretty sure they're not losing any sleep over it.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ galaxie:

True. But they do not see it that that way. The org will never come out and say: "we were wrong". They are never wrong as it is always a "refinement of truth" and the "light getting brighter."

Has the org ever admitted to being wrong on anything?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ No Consequence...

No closer than the old "mistakes were made (but not by us)" tactic, and even then...

• Splash
    Splash
    My Name Has the org ever admitted to being wrong on anything?

The Watchtower of March 15, 1980, in the study article "Choosing the Best Way of Life," offered the following comments regarding any 1975 expectations promoted by the 'Life Everlasting' book:

4 If we remain faithful, God will not let us make ruinous mistakes. But sometimes he permits us to be in error so that we may see our need to look always to him and his Word. This strengthens our relationship with him and our endurance while waiting. We learn from our mistakes that it is necessary to be more careful in the future. The desire for the new system of things to take complete charge of the earth has always been very strong in Christians down through the centuries. And because of their own short life-span, they doubtless longed for it to come in their particular lifetime. Those who have tried to keep God’s judgment time “close in mind” have, on more than one occasion throughout history, become overly eager for that day’s arrival, in their own minds trying to rush the arrival of the desired events. (2 Pet. 3:12) In the first century, for example, the apostle Paul found it necessary to write to Christians in Thessalonica in this fashion, as we read at 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3: “However, brothers, respecting the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we request of you not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be excited either through an inspired expression or through a verbal message or through a letter as though from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here. Let no one seduce you in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.”

5 In modern times such eagerness, commendable in itself, has led to attempts at setting dates for the desired liberation from the suffering and troubles that are the lot of persons throughout the earth. With the appearance of the book Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God, and its comments as to how appropriate it would be for the millennial reign of Christ to parallel the seventh millennium of man’s existence, considerable expectation was aroused regarding the year 1975. There were statements made then, and thereafter, stressing that this was only a possibility. Unfortunately, however, along with such cautionary information, there were other statements published that implied that such realization of hopes by that year was more of a probability than a mere possibility. It is to be regretted that these latter statements apparently overshadowed the cautionary ones and contributed to a buildup of the expectation already initiated.

6 In its issue of July 15, 1976, The Watchtower, commenting on the inadvisability of setting our sights on a certain date, stated: “If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises.” In saying “anyoneThe Watchtower included all disappointed ones of Jehovah’s Witnesses, hence including persons having to do with the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date. w80 3/15 pp. 17-18 pars. 4-7 Choosing the Best Way of Life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironically it will be " The Truth" that will bring down this corrupt religious publishing house.

People these days are better educated and have better access to knowledge and information , all

tangents that are in reality ruinous to the Watchtower Corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit