President Bush's speech

by Mulan 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Bush - Skull and Bones.

Hey, I'd read years ago where former VP Quayle (sp) had said something to the effect - if I'd known I was going to be in Latin America, I'd studied Latin better in college...or some such thing.

Some might "gotta love the politicians" just isn't me.

Granny

• Mulan
    Mulan

I posted this subject and then went to a business meeting for the evening. I was quite surprised to see such a big response to a fluff post.

Thank you to those who pointed out that pronunciation is not an accent, but ignorance. You can learn how to pronounce a word correctly. Look at how it is spelled!! Nuc - le - ar. Not Nuc - u - lar.

Maybe it's a small point, but for those who know the correct way to say the word, it glares like he had poop on his nose. I never noticed Jimmy Carter saying it that way. Interesting.

As to Gore, at least he wouldn't have been his Daddy's puppet.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Tell me Mulan, do you know how to properly pronounce Iraq or Iran? Do you ignorantly prounce Iraq improperly to your friends without any thought while hacking up Bush on "nuclear"?

hawk

p.s. - please don't think I am mad at you or being snarky with you. I am asking questions.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know how to correctly pronounce them in English. In their language, no. In pioneer school I asked the Greek CO how to correctly pronounce Thessalonica and Laodicea. He said the Greek way of saying the words is very different than English, so stick to English in this country.

Actually, I do say Iran the way my brother's girlfriend says it. She was born and raised there. Sort of like "ee - rawn"

The difference is that Bush speaks English.............sort of.

Edited by - mulan on 8 October 2002 12:9:55

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Al Gore has ALWAYS been his Daddy's Puppet

And he invented the Internet!

HAHAHAHAHA - What and ass

A knaves religion is always the rottenest thing about him." John Ruskin, 19th-century British critic and author

• Mulan
    Mulan

Now you be nice, RM.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Haha, well ya gotta admit that a guy that stands before the world and claims to have invented the Internet has some sort of personal problem (at least when it isn't the guy who invented the Internet)

A knaves religion is always the rottenest thing about him." John Ruskin, 19th-century British critic and author

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Ahhhh yes, the Skull and Bones...good reading.....

Gore was/is a dumbass.

If Clinton was still in office Saddam would just send him a hooker.

The nice thing about pacifist/isolationalists is that they get killed and we dont have to worry about their stupid asses anymore. Survival of the fittest. Thats what this whole thing is about. Do we want to survive??? Well I am more than willing to bomb the shit out of any mad man who threatens my country.

TH,

Yes Isreal has nukes, but Isreal isnt invading its neighbors and launching missles at anyone. In fact, they showed quite of bit of control last time when Saddam was shooting Scuds at them. Face it, Isreal could single handedly take over the middle east. How many times have they kicked the shit out of Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordon...etc...etc....

Isreal is smart enough to realise that the Middle East is nothing but a big ass worthless sandbox and when the Oil runs dry all of those countries will just blow away......

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    The difference is that Bush speaks English.............sort of.

LMAO!

I disagree though with whoever said Bush was his daddy's puppet. IMO Bush is driven by a need for power and control and I think he would be more inclined to have a desire to "make up" for his daddy's failures and put the "balls" (excuse the french) back into the Bush name, or at least put them where they were not, when his daddy was Pres.

It all will boil down to who controls the most "oil"

Sing along with Yoko Ono, "I want oil....give me oil...lots of oil...thats what I want"

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Maybe it's a small point, but for those who know the correct way to say the word, it glares like he had poop on his nose. I never noticed Jimmy Carter saying it that way.

John F. Kennedy should have known how to pronounce CUBA too, but he kept with his regional pronunciation of "C-u-b-e-r" . Did his 'lack' of correct English pronunciation deminish his presidency?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit