President Bush's speech

by Mulan 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

I just listened to his speech. He made a good case to disarm Iraq. He is still giving Iraq time to comply with UN resolutions before action is taken ... and stated he hopes to avoid military action ... whether we agree with him or not, he is at least taking matters slowly and moving with caution.

As for his pronunciation, I would rather hear him say nuclear in his accent than to hear about his dick in someone's mouth while on the job in the office ... er, like some other fine upstanding President we all know and love.

Edited by - Amazing on 7 October 2002 20:38:59

• minimus
    minimus

I like his conviction. He's a real cowboy. He don't have ta talk to good, I reckon.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

It's not dialect that mulan is refering to. I have heard people in Minnesota pronounce it Nucular as well, it's an un-informed pronunciation, and not reflective of a southern dialect. And if you can't pronounce a word right, it causes problems and takes away from your ethos as a speaker. He's the president. I think we have a right to hold him to a bit of a higher standard since 90% of his job is communication and being able to do it an efficent and correct matter. We "hired" him to be our spokesperson, (Well some of you did) he should, or his advisors and speech writers, should know better.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hear Hear Amazing..... HEAR HEAR!!!

• borgfree
    borgfree

I'll bet he knows what "is" is.

Borgfree

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I hope he can keep us from going to war. I lost two houses today because of them being laid off. If we go to war, I may lose more and will not be able to pay my bills.

• Coqui
    Coqui

Just wondering after reading some of these posts. Now free to debate are most ex-Jehovers liberals or conservatives? My guess is liberal.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I was a liberal before I left the dubs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

His pronouncing nuclear "nookyular" cannot be anything but rehearsed and intentional, which is sad. Kinda like when you hear middle and upper-class black folk say aks instead of ask just because its the black thing to do, not because they really don't know the correct pronunciation.

His speech was full of subliminable messages, which I didn't care for either...

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    His speech was full of subliminable messages, which I didn't care for either

As subliminal as your picture of Mao?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit