FOR LURKING JW ELDERS- REVISED LIST

by jst2laws 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Don Smith
    Don Smith

Hi missy Mulan.

So bigred was reading Rays book on the sly and so was i and my wife Phyl didnt know about it for about 8 months but she used get upset with me "as i was talking so funny".I can relate to Daves discouragement because you see so much that is not uplifting. Like Ray said in his freedom book , like being on a treadmill "going no where and the scenery never changes" my words,

I can appreciate his feelings of discouragement , but also found since leaving the WT and their adherents can get very ugly . Some our JWS friends asked me to help them out while we were in the process of leaving the WT.

They told me that their son in law was accusing his wife of molesting her 5 year old daughter and her twin boys as well. The son in law reported this to childrens aid saying the Grandmother was also involved in the molestation.The Cong. overseer was involved along with 4 wt adherents in kidnapping the children . 2 years later the case went to court and i introduced the booklet from a bro.in the states put out by the WT that coaches the children to lie under oath. The lady judge convened the court to read the booklet and handed down a decision later on giving the children back to the mother and putting the son in law on the childrens aid registry alert. The transcript stated that this case was sorbid and bizzare.

Nice folks aye Don

• Dansk
    Dansk

This is an EXTREMELY encouraging thread!

How many ex-DO's and CO's are here? How many considered themselves part of the 144,000? Having suchlike post here would also be encouraging.

Just2, well done!

Ian

• Puternut
    Puternut

ex Presiding Overseer.......

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

You can add me. 7 years, ex PO, DA because UN affair. Latin America. [email protected]

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

<--- ex Auxillary pioneer

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

You can add me to the ex-elder list.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Thank you all dear X-elders who bravely stood up for what you knew to be right despite the opposition and hardship it caused to you--you stories are a strength to me.

I had some bad experiences with the elders in my cong despite the fact that I had commited no WT violation. I saw others who did too. There are many inside rules and regulations that are not in the literature. I have seen the lying and the coverups too in many other cases over the years. Don't know how a lot of these elders can sleep at night knowing all that they do about what really goes on inside the Org. and the pain they cause others to suffer.

• willyloman
    willyloman

One more ex-elder checking in, 30 years in the organization, most of them as "one of the glorious ones." Positions held: Watchtower, TM School and Book Study overseer, Secretary, Presiding Overseer, convention big shot.

Why'd I quit?

1. Severe lack of true Christian love in the organization

2. Abundant hypocrisy, especially with respect to "prominent ones" in the fold

3. Cult-like behavor involving total control, both physical and mental, over "the flock"

4. Doctrines and teachings that changed back and forth and made no common sense

5. Emerging awareness of the emotional and intellectual harm I imposed on my children while they were growing up

6. The realization that there is a big difference between the JW religion and spirituality

7. A strong hope that it isn't too late to turn around and make amends in the years I have left

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

<-------- JW spare

• Dansk
    Dansk

Willy,

A strong hope that it isn't too late to turn around and make amends in the years I have left

I admire you! It's never too late. Great to have you here posting. You've got a lot to offer and the fact that you're prepared to stand by your principles gives immense courage to others. Without realising it, you'll be helping more now than you ever did as an elder.

Best wishes,

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit