stillajwexelder

ex -elder - served in the 1990s to 2000

• avishai
    avishai

Marking for later

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Appointed elder in August 1990.

Circuit Oversser in Feb 1993. Circuit work from 93 to 2000.

Then back to U.S. Elder from 2000 to recently, moved congregation and I was not reappointed.

BF

• TopHat
    TopHat

GOOD READING

• yknot
    yknot

Roybatty posted on page 1:

Kind of a side note. I use to wonder why anyone would remain a JW after becoming an elder. The hypocrisy was just so plan to see. But then I began to realize that for most of these men, this was the "best" they could ever hope. Many of these men have never accomplished much in their life outside the organIzation. Added to this is the fact that theyve invested so many years in the "troof." They wont/dont have truly satisfying jobs, they dont do any meaningful volunteer work in the community, etc. Being an elder and the false sense of power and purpose it gives one is about the best that they can hope for. And for most, it simply is too hard to give up.

That nails almost every Elder I have met since 1981 !!!!!!

And much better put then me labeling them 'weak'

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Baptised in 1970.

Elder from 1986 to 1991. Stepped down (QUIT) because of all the hypocrisy I witnessed in the body.

It took me another 9 years to realize all of it is a sham........and another 3 years (you know.....the guilt and wondering if it is still the truth) to never step into a KH again.

Last time in a KH was Memorial of 2003.

HappyDad

• Open mind
    Open mind

3rd gen JW.

Elder for many years.

Started complete awakening to the true nature of JWism a couple years ago.

May or may not still be serving.

If the Tower would re-think their shunning rules, they could eliminate a lot of "wolves" like me.

om

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Elder 5 out of last 6 years in Borg.

MTS grad.

Last meeting 9/23/07

Now inactive. Not going back.

Snakes ()

• blondie
    blondie

My hubby was an elder for several years and then "stepped aside" that is he quit. It wasn't until then he realized how unchristian, unloving, and untruthful the elders and the organization were, that we both woke up. After a little time, he just stopped coming to the meetings.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

"Being an elder and the false sense of power and purpose it gives one is about the best that they can hope for."

This is good to keep in mind for any of us who have loved ones still in the WT. They need a purpose in life other than the To Do List that the WT provides for them. The problem, of course, is that the society labels everything else as a waste of time. But it's still something to shoot for, imho.

Great thread!!

GGG :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit