My Story.......

by Jesika 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((((((((Jesika)))))))))))))

I'm so sorry for what happened to you.

I really admire your courage for staying strong and coming through it all.

Edited by - angharad on 2 October 2002 9:4:5

• Matty
    Matty

(((((((((((((((((((jesika)))))))))))))))))))))

Like Ang said. Just giving you some more hugs, honey. I can't really say anymore.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thank you all for your encouraging words and support.

Big TX--I was at work last night so I didn't call, sorry, I will try to call you. I work again tonite so I will try or I will email you.

TO EVERYONE----I don't consider myself brave at all. I posted this to maybe help others or to give those a little insite in where I am coming from. I learned to survive in this situation and had to learn early how to lie in my father's face to hopefully not get caught doing anything wrong for fear of his anger. This was my reality, and my family, so I am not wanting any praise for this. I only did what I thought I had to, since the final beating I recieved at 15, I knew I had to leave cause I wasn't sure I would survive another attack like that. I was afraid he would choose to do it again when noone was home. I only did what basic survival instinct made me do. This was not bravery, this was survival. In my opinion bravery would have been going to the police when I still had the bruises to prove he had beaten me, but I was afraid. I consider those who take a stand in the face of fear--to be brave. I only stood up when I left, but at 15 this was the only way I knew how was to run away. This is something I still fight with, when things start going bad, I run. I am still working through alot of this but wanted to share only a few instances that I can never forgot. I hope to share more later.

I am a survivor and want to help others who need me.

Love,

Jesika

Edited by - Jesika on 2 October 2002 13:24:0

• mamashel
    mamashel

Jes, ok I understand why you said what you said earlier to me. Maybe you can help me with some advice about what my little sister in law is going through. Her mother (my mo-in-law) is a jw. Everyone thinks that she is the most wonderful witness in the world. LOL . My husband and I over the years have reported physical abuse to the elders and to the child protective services. She has been removed from her home several times, and placed with us. i dont mind at all, i love her like my own. But recently her mom married her biological father. He has spent the last 14 years in prison for murder. He gets out and she married him. Well needless to say, prison life didnt make him any nicer, if you know what i mean. When hubby's mom was with him years ago when hubby was young, he used to abuse him and his brother. Long story short, now he has been punching the 14 year old in her face and hitting her on a regular basis. My husband got into a fight with him several weeks ago, and he threatend to kill him, so we try to stay out of it. I called the school to let them know about the abuse, and they called child protective services because there were marks on her face. I am glad that they came and got her, but they are now talking about puting her back in the home, and i dont know what to do. I am really afraid that if they send her back he is going to hurt her very bad. Do you have any suggestions.

thanks jes

mamashel

• Dino
    Dino

Thanks Jes.

Love to ya.

Dino

• abbagail
    abbagail

HIIII JESIKA! It was a pleasure to meet you in person, finally, at the March, since I "knew you" by name from the SL guestbook and from here, but In Person is always better! Thanks for sharing your story. I heard some of it at the hotel, but the way my mind wanders, it's nice to be able to absorb it in print, and what pain and terror you must have felt that no one should have to experience, most certainly not a child and teenager. Sheesh! Unbelievable what "grown ups" do to their kids. I admire the way you have moved forward and your strength, because you seem like a very STRONG and determined young lady to me who ALREADY has their "act together" and at a much younger age than I ever did.

Much success on your new job. I did a lot of waitressing when I was "younger." I was pretty terrible at it, and still made decent money, so I'm sure you'll do fantastic!

Love & {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
    GRITS

PS: Hey, BRAVE is someone who can find their way all over NEW YORK, and ALONE at that! Now that's somethin' that's really courageous, eh? So glad to found us!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Hey Jes my dear friend, you know you have me and all these other friends here to give you support. I only wish I could help take your pain away for you.

Always your Friend

Will

• Jesika
    Jesika

Mama---I am trying my best to help!!! Keep in touch with me k?

Grits---thank you, glad I found you guys too--FINALLY

Will----I know you are there for me always, you just remember it is a two way street k?

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Jes that was some story. Im sorry to hear what happened to you

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

hi Jesika

I know that it has all been said already but may I add my words.

I was moved and pained by your story and I am shocked that I shared the same titles and faith as those men. You are one brave ,resiliant lady.!

Mama, Keep us informed, I only hope that things improve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit