My Story.......

by Jesika 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• footprints
    footprints

Thank you for sharing your story. I have one question.
    ..........Is the tough guy that punched a 15 year old girl in the face still an elder?

• TheStar
    TheStar

((((((((((Jesika)))))))

It takes courage to do what you just did. I really find myself at a loss for words when I hear these documentaries of abuse survivors... you guys are truely special.

Lots of Love,

Star

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I had not heard your account before. Thank you for posting it. I'm certain that you have gone through so much personal anquish over the years trying to deal with all of this. ((((HUGS JESIKA)))))

Why won't our parents believe us? I have asked myself this same question over and over. There were instances of abuse going on when we were kids, and after they didn't believe us and our heartfelt pleas, we just stopped going to them. We tried to watch out for each other and we were on guard all the time. These people were not JW's.

I have an unusual personal experience, which I have not really told here. My story is unique in the way that it finally came to light and released me from an awful burden of guilt since childhood. It changed my life to have that understanding, sad as the story is.

I realize you probably have enough to handle, but sometimes, hearing a bit of a different experience helps. If you'd like me to email you, just let me know.

Sincerely,

Sentinel

• Jesika
    Jesika

Footprints---yes he remained an elder after this and yrs after this. The reason why he was removed or stepped "aside" or down whatever---is because he had an affair with another married sister in the cong. He broke up two families, the other sister---now my step mom has a daughter. He recently told me he was angry they would not give his privs back.

I am still shaking from writing this. I think it is because it took so long to write, then again I had to go get a beer, so maybe not.

Thank you all for your support, if I can help anyone who needs it PLEASE let me know.

I have emailed all the new ones from silentlambs since the 27th and have had a responce in return by all of them.

Edited by - Jesika on 1 October 2002 16:31:47

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Us abused kids should all stick together! I can relate to much of your story, Jes. My heart goes out to you. I am so glad you lived to tell the tale. You are one brave girl!

~Witch

• metatron
    metatron

I hardly know what to say...

You are a miracle of survival, a living testament to the human spirit.

How hard it must be - to forgive, to forget, and move along with life ...

metatron

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Jesika....

Your story has left me speachless and a bit weak. I just feel so bad that you had to get your 'start' in life with very weak support from your 'loving' family.....I still don't understand why parents who supposedly LOVE their children go over the deep end when faced with what they consider to be behavioral problems....totally overkill and breaking one's 'spirit'.

You seem to have grown tremendously - you are a very strong person.

Thanks for sharing....I'm sure there are those who lurk as well as others, who will be helped by your post, one way or another.

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

Jesika, I heard your story while we were in NY at the hotel. I will always remember it. Your courage for sharing is amazing. I hope telling your story helps you in your recovery. You have many friends now.

It was great meeting you!

Laurie Fitzwater

• Lin
    Lin

(((((((((((((HUGS JES)))))))))))))))) The stories we have to tell about our family would take way too long to write, wouldn't it Jes? Everyone, Jes is my niece if you didn't already know that. For my brother to have done that to you Jes, still blows my mind. To beat you for biting your nails; as if you didn't have REASON to be gnawing on them to death! I bit mine too for a long time, probably still would be if I didn't have these fake ones glued on! Growing up a Thoman is so unlike how so many people thought we grew up. We used to be called The Thoman Empire. If they only knew..........

I've carried alot of anger towards your dad Jes, my oldest brother. He molested me, my youngest brother molested you, good gawd how did we survive? The beatings we endured, not being believed about horrible things that happened to us. People throw Forgiveness around so much, it makes me sick. I've simply Accepted that this is my/our history. And we move on. And we do everything in our power to help others as we've been doing. It helps them, but it helps us too, doesn't it Jes? We've been there, we know, and we can be a shoulder to those who've been through it too and help them find comfort like I/we have found here with those on this board amongst the other boards we belong to. Helping others has done so much for me, and I know it has for you too.

I know there's so much that happened to you that you didn't put here, and I truly understand why. I posted mine in bit pieces on SL, and a portion of it here recently too. Trying to write it all down would really take writing a book, which I really don't want to do. It's hard enough putting the bits and pieces of our lives let alone writing all the details.

Jes, you and I are very strong woman. We would never have made it this far if we weren't. I'm here for you, as you are for me. Pass me a beer will ya?

Edited by - Lin on 1 October 2002 17:49:1

Edited by - Lin on 1 October 2002 17:51:40

• TR
    TR

Hi Jesika, so sorry about what you went through.

Why in hell didn't your dad KILL your uncle?(rhetorical question) This, I don't understand.

When I was still a 'hovah, another "brother" and I were aware that there were molesters in the congs, but didn't know who. We vowed to each other that we'd kidnap and kill anyone who messed with our kids. And this was when we were 'HOVAHS! We didn't give a second's thought to what the friggin WT rules were, although we knew they were watered down on the issue of child molesters.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit