All UK CO's and DO's recalled to London Bethel

by Jim Dee 95 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Haha, I spent way too long believing everything I hear......I'm sick of looking like an idiot

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wednesday,

The end result of all this i'm afraid will be more elders stepping down.

I agree very much with this statement. I know of at least six elders tottering at the moment in my own circle of aquaintances. The problem is of course, that those with heart and quality tend to be the ones doing the resigning, leaving behind the Company men, who do not have the skills to ensure that the congregation's have the moral support to survive the coming storms.

What is so amazing, even on a political level, is that the WTS does not seem to be able to comprehend that by its cunning and devious actions it is making even more hardened enemies for itself. The bright thing would be to lean toward amnesty and reconciliation, but these words do not seem to exist in the vocabulary of those who ferret around in the corridors of Brooklyn power.

HS

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

OG sorry, you made me think. I guess I was thinking on a larger scope (as in...... is the march or any other issues actually getting them to take action). I would also like to see some creditability on this. I guess my enthusiasm for the march overwhelmed me.

TT

• ISP
    ISP

Although its the COs and DOs being recalled....what can they do...anyway? The troubles are at grass roots level....If there are some new info/guidance why have not proceeded with the BOE letters etc like they have done in the past.

ISP

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    Of course it matters. Whatever endeavor one undertakes in life, it is best to do so with the best picture of reality possible

unfortunately, the JWs' reality is much different than our own....and it is the JWs that will ultimately decide how, and if, the WTS will go down. Therefore it doesn't matter what we think of the actions of the WTS, it's what the JWs think and do regarding the WTS's actions.

edited once again in an attempt to clarify my ramblings.

Edited by - deddaisy on 19 September 2002 3:9:0

Edited by - deddaisy on 20 September 2002 1:17:18

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I have never before had the desire for these people to "fall". It didn't matter to me much, although I must admit there was some small fantasy. Not until recently had I a reason for even being involved in any sort of "cause" or "movement". I mean what the hell do I care what people want to believe?? This day is different. When I came to realize the multitude of children hurt by those protected within the organization. And I stress those PROTECTED. I don't blame the Watchtower for having pedophiles within their ranks, it's unavoidable, I blame them for not doing what's right by the children of God. Anyway, no sense in rehashing all that, you get my drift. My point is, that now is the time to hit them people, and although it's fun and entertaining and supportive to gather here on this board, we must do more. You can't fight the Goliath without stones, and you can't take him down without throwing them!

There is one way we can put permanent damage to this cult, and one way only. They're 6 million strong, how did they get there?

They preached, they taught, they trained.........so what should we be doing? Seems to me if everyone here (for the most part) is in agreement then we should all (including myself) get off our lazy asses, and do something about it! Again, I could care less what they believe, but it's different now, we've received "New Light", and now we know. It's up to us to save the children, and if we all spend our entire lives in this endeavor to save one child, then every minute is worth it!

I don't mean to preach, and I should be practicing what I preach, but it's been driving me nuts for a while now. Whether these people had a meeting or not, we all have work to do. And if they DID have a meeting it means they're going to enforce their power, so don't break out the Champagne just yet.

ARE WE GOING TO LET THEM BEAT US DOWN EVEN MORE THAN THEY HAVE??

ARE WE GOING TO SIT HERE AND ALLOW THESE SICK, DEMENTED DEMONS TO HARM OUR CHILDREN ANY LONGER???

GOD I HOPE NOT!

We would sleep in a tent in the middle of a field to make it to a Watchtower Convention, let's show that same zeal for an important message and cause!

RevMalk Speaks - You cannot DF All of the people all of the time, BUT, you can DF most of the people some of the time.
    Saratoga Springs, NY Congregation Refugee

We supported the wrong for so long

When will we support the fight for the right?

September 27th, 2002 - A day in History, will YOU be there?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, don't forget there are many reasons why A. people are out of the borg and B. why people are on this site.

As bill bowen must realise, not everyone is touched by the abuse issues. As I realise, not everyone is touched by the blood issues. Some people are just overwhelmed by the fact they were taken in all their lives.

I personally believe the truth is damaging to vulnerable minds and do not agree with bringing children up in the religion. I also believe their beliefs on blood are sickening, blasphemous to say that God expects this, disrespectful to all human life and down-right murderous.

However, I have my mother in the truth, and for her it is right. She found the truth in later years, and to her it has provided the crutch she needs, the friendship, a dream and a way of life. I would not attempt to 'free' her from these things, or see her upset if this house of cards ever came down.

I do not agree that the 'truth' should be demolished at all costs. I have predicted and said many times where I see the Watchtower in 50 years, and it is very different from today.

I will witness to all I can and all who will listen, but am not throwing my pearls before swine, nor taking any kind of destructive course.

The Watchtower are their own worst enemy.

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Although its the COs and DOs being recalled....what can they do...anyway? The troubles are at grass roots level....If there are some new info/guidance why have not proceeded with the BOE letters etc like they have done in the past.

ISP

ISP,

Perhaps because BOE letters keep getting leaked? Much better to give the information ORALLY?

Gee, I do hope we have some UK CO or DO contacts who are wearing a wire or taking lots of notes at this meeting, whatever it is...

out

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Ns7 and Aikon,

forgot to thank you!

peace, christina

• avengers
    avengers

dd

it's what the JWs think and do regarding the WTS's actions..

That's right! The R & F decide whether the WT stays or goes. How much has to happen before someone's eyes open?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit