All UK CO's and DO's recalled to London Bethel

by Jim Dee 95 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    I'd like for this to be true. But for me, it will not move out of the bullshit category until someone has confirmed it

og, I'm glad you got your point acrossed. I asked this question on page one and everyone just ran me over with the "Extra Extra Believe all about it"

not saying that it's not true, and that'd be great if it were (I guess?) but we don't know it's true till we see proof.

Yep.

We would sleep in a tent in the middle of a field to make it to a Watchtower Convention, let's show that same zeal for an important message and cause!

RevMalk Speaks - You cannot DF All of the people all of the time, BUT, you can DF most of the people some of the time.
    Saratoga Springs, NY Congregation Refugee

We supported the wrong for so long

When will we support the fight for the right?

September 27th, 2002 - A day in History, will YOU be there?

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    AS to whether this is a hoax or not, it doesn't matter much.

from the time I begin typing in a post to the time I hit the "submit" button, I get approximately three phone calls. Several people have posted in the time it takes me to actually post a response, so sorry if my posts seem to be irrelevant to the last.

I agree, Jim Dee's post may only be a hoax. But I also agree with metatron's statement, it doesn't matter much. I believe that there was a meeting already scheduled and that they are discussing, along with other routine matters, the damage control they need to put into place due to the further publicity regarding the molestation issue. If Dee's post is accurate, it really wouldn't change anything. The WTS will always have the die-harders that need hope in SOMETHING. If there were no Jehovah's Witnesses, there would be some other moronic organization that they would buy into.......but the more punches that comes at the WTS at once, the more likely it is that one of them will make contact.

Squirm Watchtower.

• og
    og

Of course it matters. Whatever endeavor one undertakes in life, it is best to do so with the best picture of reality possible. Another thread on this board discusses a possible new video being released on an urgent basis - some are combining these two bits of unconfirmed information and crowing that the WTS is on the run.

I'd like them to be, but I don't want to get excited and have my chain yanked by hoaxers. I want the WTS to be actually on the run.

• wednesday
    wednesday

From many years in org. i can't recall a frantic meeting being called over anything. From previous post , i think they said this meeting was already planned. They may add it to the agenda the problem of slilent lambs and bill bowen and wathcing to stop leaks, but does not sound like it is main thurst of meeting.

The Wt pays some attys. very well to keep them out of hot water. Remember the tax thing-when we stopped buying mags but donated only. All for a purpose to CYA. My guess is that their lawyers are aready thinking a ways to CYA. Which is after all the name of the game.

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Well I think they are already on the run. The internet has become a major thorn in their side. Who cares if this is true or not. What is true is that there's a march on Sept. 27. This seems like it's going to get international publicity! Can't wait to ask my still dupped relatives what they think of this whole ordeal.

Mr. William Bowen, hopefully, I'll have a chance to personally shake your hand at the march.

Go Lambs - Go supporters

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

I've noted all the comments

Just one thing

Can anyone remember the last time all the CO's and DO's were pulled away from Circuit Assemblys, Circuit Visits etc for a 2 Day meeting?

I've been in the JW's for 34 years and never seen this before.

BTW the CO and DO's meeting for the elders school in UK took place 5 weeks ago - so this has nothing to do with that - it was planned 4 months ago

Jim

• og
    og
    Who cares if this is true or not.

Gee, silly me. I care if something's true or not.

Can anyone remember the last time all the CO's and DO's were pulled away from Circuit Assemblys, Circuit Visits etc for a 2 Day meeting?

No. That's why I care if this is true or not.

Confirmation, anyone?

• wednesday
    wednesday

The end result of all this i'm afraid will be more elders stepping down. They can't afford to be the WT whipping boy. The Wt lets them get sued-but they stay safely behind. Kind of like catching the dope dealer but not getting the suppliers. One trial, and it will spread like wildfire throughout cong. The elders will figure out they are on their own. I have heard elders lament this before, so tired of being blamed for everything. Some get so tired and burned out they step down. Too much pressure. .

Note. i don't ever remember a frantic meeting being called by JW over anyting. Usualy they just incorporate it into something already going on.

The R/f jw will probaly hear very little of this.

Edited by - wednesday on 18 September 2002 17:45:28

Edited by - wednesday on 18 September 2002 17:47:37

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

You know, if they have a "witch-hunt" and start Disfellowshipping or Disassociating the people on this Website, that might be kind of a stupid idea.

Let me explain, there A LOT of active Jehovah's Witnesses who look at this Website just out of curiosity.

How will it look to them when everyone starts posting up here that they have been Disfellowshipped for talking about the Child Abuse Policy, or the United Nations, or whatever else.

Plus, the Media might take notice of something like that if it is on a massive scale.

• john123
    john123

Hi Jim Dee,

Where did you receive your information about this meeting? This type of thing is usually confidential.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit