All UK CO's and DO's recalled to London Bethel

by Jim Dee 95 Replies latest jw friends

• caspian
    caspian

I agree with Jemimah.

This seminar was mentioned by our CO weeks ago as he needed to get a subsitute in for the Thursday meeting

Just the usual supplementry Elders school droll

Regards

Caspian

• metatron
    metatron

good post, hilary.

They are getting hit from all sides, rapid-fire, on several different issues at once.
    What I love about all this is the emerging fact that they are accelerating their own
    decline by these callous decisions. What could have been a minor scandal - and quickly
    forgotten - instead explodes in their faces as a public relations nightmare. It's beautiful
    to hear the arrogant theocrats REFUSING to accept the advice of their own lawyers
    - further damaging the organization.

My hope is that their troubles NEVER stop or slow down. Child molesting, bang!
    Blood issue, pow!, Losing money, wham! Keep up the pressure and they'll never recover
    - and Joe Average Witness will get tired of it all and fade away.

Still another fact about this secretive organization is something JT talked about
    a long time ago - knowledge is often compartmentalized and so many internal lies
    get crafted that the real facts are obscured even to those in control.
    Thus, brothers talk about 'simplification' - eliminating food at assemblies
    in fact, because it was losing money rapidly from lack of donations.
    Circuit Overseers give 'micromanagement' talks to elders while huge problems loom
    or lecture Witness kids on wearing baseball caps backwards while they all have
    'double lives' smoking, having sex, and are longing for freedom anyway.

This is playing out nicely!

metatron

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Metatron-

couldn't agree more.

ash

• og
    og

You too, metatron? Wouldn't you prefer a little proof to support the conclusions being drawn in this forum?

Isn't it possible that this is all bogus, that the meeting is either imaginary or routine, that a panicky mis-step is not in fact happening?

I want them to screw up too, but the anti-JW movement is not well-served if we are as gullible as them.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    Just the usual supplementry Elders school droll

somehow I have the feeling that it will include a bit more than this. Perhaps a future CO talk will be revealing.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    lecture Witness kids on wearing baseball caps backwards

Metatron, I can't believe you mentioned that ! At one time all of my brothers were elders. I remember overhearing their discussion about how assinine some of the issues were getting. They were cracking up over how ridiculous it would be to talk to someone about such an ignorant matter as wearing a baseball cap backwards ! What was especially funny is that one of them ALWAYS wore his baseball cap backwards and STILL does ! All of them stepped down from being elders shortly after. I don't know why, I have a feeling though, that they were burnt out on the nonsense.

• metatron
    metatron

AS to whether this is a hoax or not, it doesn't matter much. The trends I'm talking about
    are already in place. A single meeting won't save them from the foolishness of their own actions.
    They need real METANOIA to get themselves out of this mess - and they're too corrupt and
    stubborn to do that.

metatron

• og
    og

Agreed; but, predictions of imminent doom are a specialty of the WTS and they've been wrong for more than a hundred years. Isn't it more likely that JWs will gradually fade in importance and size, rather than crack up dramatically in the way that we would all like to see?

My interest in this thread was mainly piqued by the mysterious Jim Dee, with a "two minute window" to read and then report on a fax from the London Branch Overlords to the District and Circuit Overlords - is he for real? A copy of an agenda proving that they were reacting to media coverage, rather than waiting things out, would be nice evidence that the WTS is going to end with a bang, not a whimper. Absence of such evidence points to a far less dramatic ending than you often predict.

• og
    og

So, Jim Dee, a man with 63 posts who has started 20+ threads, most of which purport to be leaking confidential information, some of which is pretty spectacular. He has, for instance, claimed that the WTS is using a variant of CARNIVORE to track apostate email addresses.

In my - admittedly spotty - scan of his threads, his style seems very consistent: make an inflammatory statement and then sit back to watch the excitement. He rarely offers convincing evidence to back up his inflammatory assertions, or any evidence at all.

He must be having a ball with this thread - we're setting a record for replies to his threads.

I'm done with this one, and Jim Dee, until some credible evidence for any of his claims is presented.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

they'll always have the ones that believe anything negative is apostate lies and proof of persecution, and the future ones that aren't aware of WTS history. If they were ever going to go out with a bang, they surely would have January 1, 1976. But I agree with Hilary and the others, everything that is coming down on them right now is more than they're used to dealing with. Any witnesses that would've left eventually, are going to become inactive alot sooner and any "studies" are going to look twice.

Squirm Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit