All UK CO's and DO's recalled to London Bethel

by Jim Dee 95 Replies latest jw friends

• og
    og

Why assume anything? Why not wait for some confirmation first?

The reason I believe this could be important, if true, is that the WTS has rarely/never had to deal with a large amount of good old-fashioned inflammatory media scrutiny. They're likely to be shitty at it, and this meeting, if it is for real, could be the start of an orgy of bone-headedness.

You refer to the Ray Franz affair: this was all internal, of interest to hardly anyone outside JWs, and the WTS was able to effectively spin and control the information that got to its members. I don't think they can do that here, but I do think they'll try, and I think they'll get flayed.

Even when I was a faithful JW, it often seemed to me that as a religion it was getting a remarkably free ride from the media. It would be wonderful to see that end, to see them lose in court, to see them lose credibility... to see my wife and kids start to realize how they are being conned.

I hope its true... but I'm not actually holding my breath.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Why does everyone think this is the beginning of the end?

Not the beggining of the end, most of us who have been around the WTS the past thirty or forty years have seen such paranoia before over other events. What is happening is change at a faster rate than the WTS has been set-up to comfortably handle. Change is being thrust on the WTS from all directions from outside forces and Ted Jaracz is having to re-think his own words, "Change will come from within, we will not allow our enemies to direct the direction of the Organization'.

This is the first time the past fifty years that the WTS has been under these sorts of pressures. Will they survive, of course they will - these people have cunning to burn. Will they survive intact? No, I belive that they will and have sustained heavy damage in the subconcious of many JW's who are starting to ask questions. Again, they have sown the wond and will reap the whirlwhind as Alan intimated.

Best regards to all - HS

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

So typical.....discuss "damage control" for the Organization, but do nothing to change bad policies that harm children.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    You refer to the Ray Franz affair: this was all internal, of interest to hardly anyone outside JWs, and the WTS was able to effectively spin and control the information that got to its members. I don't think they can do that here, but I do think they'll try, and I think they'll get flayed.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The new issues involve the wellbeing of children and the general public. If they don't change their arrogant and self-righteous ways... they will indeed get flayed! The media LOVES to grab hold of people and organizations like that and tear them apart for the whole world to see.

What is hilarious is that the boys at the tower are so arrogant that they can't see what is about to hit them... they haven't got a clue. They are so used to being in control of their little sheep.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 18 September 2002 13:22:15

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Is it really that strange that they would be having a meeting ? They've had the Panorama negativity, then, if I'm not mistaken, Bill mentioned sending a copy of his letter to them to the press. The march is very close and certainly will be mentioned in the UK. They are most likely instructing the COs and DOs on damage control within the congregations and elders...just a thought....

Squirm Watchtower.

• og
    og

Having a meeting would not be so strange. Having a meeting on very short notice, with the agenda that Dee claims to have seen, would be. And these are the two things that I am finding hard to believe.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Bill just posted some UK pics, saying the trip was a success.....perhaps he can fill in some blanks. No matter what, you know they're SQUIRMING. If they didn't listen to the survivors of molestation before, perhaps they'll listen now.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Well I would really like to see a copy of this fax, I tend not to believe everything I read without hard facts to support it.

• JEMIMAH
    JEMIMAH

Yawn!!!!

I would imagine this fax is a complete work of fiction.

This seminar has been planned for months, and is the training and updates for the KMS supplementry courses to be held in early Oct in the UK.

However I'm sure that Bills name will be brought up, with the usual disfellowshipped apostate nonsense.

Jem

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi Guysl

I live in England.And the CO for my circuit lives across the road.So,when I saw this post I poped round to say "hello".And CO wife says he has gone to London!!!!!!!!

So,this post seems to be true,BUT!!!!!!!! she did not say it as something was wrong!!!!!!???????

So,we shall wait patiently and see what happens

Will keep you posted

Aikon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit