Anyone still bothered by the demons?

by wednesday 124 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

There is a BIG difference between demons, spirits and ghosts. The paranormal is very interesting to me. Email me Wednesday.......

• wednesday
    wednesday

i supose that is true. I too remember being frighned since a small child of things that go "bump in the night". I will tell u though-the most bizzre stores i ever personally heard-and I remember reading one in the wt too, are the stories of women who report demons having sex with them. i remember a totaly sane sister who was rather pretty telling a few of us siters that she had to sleep with Bibles in all the "stragetic places" to ward off demons. Now we all beliieved her.Was she crazy? no. She beoieved what every JW believed. I again repeat-i have seen a lighting up on demon stores since the 80's. there are less of them in the mags. used to be a regular feature.

• Valis
    Valis
    Now we all beliieved her.Was she crazy? no.

A totally sane JW...not that is funny! Just because a group of people believe the same thing doesn't make them less crazy for believing it as indivuduals.

scooter...demons a separate entity created by dog, ghosts an undead part of a human or a living thing that has no physical presence, spirits concocted notions that are based on the previous two absurd ideas...BOO!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "paranoid paranormal" class

• wednesday
    wednesday

Valis i find your posts very mean. and it is not necessary to be . Even in college they taught me that no matter how absurbd some belief is-if it is a widely held group belief-then the members who believe it are not nuts.

And btw, many people besides jw believe in the spirit world.

• Valis
    Valis

Even in college they taught me that no matter how absurbd some belief is-if it is a widely held group belief-then the members who believe it are not nuts.

And what class was that in? And please tell my why its mean to dismiss claims that demons exist when the very foundation for them existing cannot be proven by any means? I think the Bible is a man made creation just like the concept of spirits, demons, ghosts, whatever you want to call them. It can all be traced back to the very human need to ignore the sometimes scarier notion that when one dies one doesn't float around like Casper, but instead return to the earth from whence we came. Nothing else! Religion, God, Jesus, demons, Satan, all distractions from really looking at the human condition and finding answers to why it is we think the way we do, how we can fix ourselves, but more importantly understand the larger world around us. This however requires logic and reason, instead of baseless beliefs in the unproveable.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DJ
    DJ

Oh Valis, honey......prove that they DON'T exist. Can't you see that this is only Your opinion, you cannot prove it....just as we cannot prove to you that it does occur.Agree to disagree and stop being a 45 year old fart....lol.....I started a new thred in honor of you, Valis and Wednesday. luv and peace, dj

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

" think the Bible is a man made creation just like the concept of spirits, demons, ghosts, whatever you want to call them."

Yes and that is your opinion and we're not chastizing you for it. I don't belive in the bible either but you don't have to get so rude!!!!

Ven

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wednesday can't prove to you that there is a spirit world. However, it can't be proven that there isn't a spirit world, either.

Just because a group of people believe the same thing doesn't make them less crazy for believing it as indivuduals.

Likewise, just because a group agrees that there aren't alternate worlds, doesn't mean that it's true. It cannot be proved that there aren't alternate worlds. In fact some scientists are suggesting that there might be alternate universes.

SS

• Valis
    Valis

Ven, please do tell me where I was rude?

Brother Satan, you said it correctly, they "suggest" which is different than having evidence and espousing it as reality. I read your post on quantum theory...just need a bit of time to reply.

DJ, I don't have to prove they exist, but if one believes something then the onus of proof is on that person, not on me. I have yet to meet one Christian or any other persons of other religions that can prove jack shit in regards whether or not what the believe is true. Its all anecdotal, unlike say astronomy, geology, physics, and the other sciences, which rely on the empirical for proofs.. The WTBTS has always been good at using anecdotal evidence to prove one spurious point or another. There is no difference in this case. "Oh well I experienced something I can't explain so it must be a demon or a ghost"...Yeah this coming from anyone's mouth sounds believable huh? Some habits die harder than other I guess. BTW..its not my birthday!!! *LOL and I CAN prove that...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the " truth hurts" class

• DJ
    DJ

Wednesday,

I don't have clue as to why my link won't work...Anyway, e-mail me, I posted my addy in a prior post on this thread. I'd like to talk to you. It will be ok and I know your not crazy. In the subject line put Wednesday or I might delete it by mistake, ok? dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit