Anyone still bothered by the demons?

by wednesday 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

well this is where the problem lies, valis. No matter what anyone says or does no one can PROVE that any of these "beings" exists. Heck, how do you prove the existence of an all powerful creator for that matter! As part of my studies as well as my undying curiosity with all things spiritual, I did "experience" many unusually things in my observations of these rituals. From Santeria and Voodoo to the infamous gardian angel ritual, all of these produced phenomena which cannot be written away by Jeung or Joseph campbell. I was not on hallucinagens or drugs of any kind. My field of study necessitated research into all aspects and rituals associated with god, God or gods. Tangible proof, as you know, is quite impossible. Could we possibly entertain the idea that demons and spirits exists? Why not. For thousands of years Shamans have been journeying to other realities (imagined or not) through the use of mind altering substances. Is it all just fantasy? Or was a doorway opened. Are these real entities or are they universal archetypes from our sub-conscious? most cultures have good and bad deities in there "mythologies" Are these myths from a factually based timeline? Most cultures have a Flood legend. What do we interprete from that? etc, etc.... Demons, devas, jinns....They all seem cause havoc with a specific goal in mind. If your a believer in God, then you understand their nature and purpose. If not, then I guess they could be anything.....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Interesting info presented by nakedm and especially the article posted by valis. This really shows the importance of educating young people in the full spectrum of religion/spirituality/psychiatry/history/philosophy at the earliest possible age. A well rounded general knowledge these fields will both aide them to deal w experiences and help to protect them from scammers in these fields.

SS

• Valis
    Valis
    Could we possibly entertain the idea that demons and spirits exists? Why not. For thousands of years Shamans have been journeying to other realities (imagined or not) through the use of mind altering substances. Is it all just fantasy?

This is where your logic gets very faulty. The problem you have is that if indeed these shamans were using "mind altering" substances then they were not seeing reality according to your belief in Dog. If these things really existed outside the confines of the hyper stimulated mind, then they would be evident all around. Not the case, nor do or did their version of the spirit realm help them when the christies arrived.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "will autosacrifice for hallucinations" class

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

valis,

The spirit world has it's own set of rules. Even shamans will tell you that there are good and malevolent beings in the nether world. God gives us descriptions of the different spirits (baddies or otherwise). God just tells us not to seek out these spirits. Hidden knowledge on how to summon these demons have always been around...that's why the bible tells us to stay away from SORCERY. why would a Oujaboard work for an INACTIVE witness and not you? Well satan has no interest in you valis.....He's pulled the ultimate con on you.....You don't even believe in a Creator much less an opposer. He likes you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit