Anyone still bothered by the demons?

by wednesday 124 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Wednesday, while I was an active JW, I had several experiences that I chalked up to "demons". These incidents had nothing to do with sleep paralysis, and they were truly disturbing at the time.

Since I have become inactive, however, and come to appreciate life without fear of being destroyed in an imminent cataclysm, there have been no further negative experiences.

At this point in time, I'm not really sure if God is, in fact, an actual entity, or if what we perceive as "God" is simply a postive force, or energy, into which we can tap. If this is so, then there is most likely an equivalent negative force, which is perceived as demonic. JWs tend to focus in on this negative force and would, therefore, have more experiences of the negative kind.

This is just a theory, and I have no idea if it is, in fact, correct, but it does explain a lot of things for me.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed
    The demons stopped bothering me when I stopped believing in them.

Amen

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I had a Dodge Demon almost run me off the road once...........

• Dawn
    Dawn

Wednesday:

When you mentioned that the "demons" had spoken to you of how much they hated Jehovah and how you should feel sorry for them........it made me think of a statement someone once told me about the JW religion.

See......in the JW teaching you're taught about a Jehovah that is scary, harsh, disciplinarian, angry, a vengeful God. You can never do enough for him - he will destroy everyone but a few individuals, yadda yadda yadda. He's an awful image of power hanging over you. But it's a completely warped image of the real God. The real God is a patient, loving, and kind God. I do not believe he plans to kill everyone on earth - I believe that everyone who wants to be saved will be. Noone will die just because they were in the "wrong religion" - or were taught a different belief, or had a different opinion. We will be judged on our heart condition - do we have love for one another.

But with the JW's - if you're in the religion you are separated from God's love and grace by fear and discipline. Then...once you leave, you are separated from God's love and grace by anger and depression. What an angle......keep people separated from God no matter what. Even make them cringe at the mention of his name. Now if I was Satan that is EXACTLY the plan of action I would take - create a religion that looks (from the outside) like a true Christian faith, but mold it into a trap. Then if people escape from that trap I can convince them that it was God's fault they were there.

I encourage you again to pray to God and ask him to protect you - and also ask him to reveal his TRUE self to you.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Mrs. Tuesday,

Why do they have to be demons?? I would think that if things are going bump in the night they are more likely Ghosts of some sort. There is a HUGE difference between a DEMON and a Ghost. While I have never had any footprints show up in my bed, it happened to a friend of mine. But then agian, his house was F-d and crazy things happened there all the time. Do these things only happen to you when your at home??? Ghosts 99.9% of the time are stuck in one place. I would think a Demon could go where ever they pleased. It seems that the WT has lumped everything spooky into the generic term DEMON and has kind of missed the boat. So, anyways, relax, its probably just a ghost.

Larry,

I have to disagree with the idea that if you dont believe in something it doesnt exist.

• Valis
    Valis

It never ceases to amaze me that people will point the mentally ill back towards the very origin of thier delusion. If people never had read the bible, or been JWs then the concept of demons would have never been there. After all, you can't believe in demons if don't believe in a god or gods, depending on the respective religion. The very notion that someone talks to demons is ludicrous and a clear call for a psychiatric examination indeed. No amount of praying will ever fix a serious mental problem. Anecdotal evidence for the existence of demons is just that and without any science to back it up, its still more of the same bullshit. Wednesday, go get some medical help above all things. If you don't have a severe mental disorder then grow up, get real and stop believing in fairy tales.

Sincerely,

Diastrict Overbeer

• DJ
    DJ

Sorry Wednesday....my link didn't work. I typed in an extra #. Here it is again:

http://www.jehovah-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35792&site=3 . As I said before, feel free to e-mail me. ok? dj

• Dawn
    Dawn

Valis. You do not believe in God or the bible or the spirit world. And that's fine - that's your opinion and right.

But don't berate someone else because THEY do believe.

You have NO PROOF that they DO NOT exist any more than I can PROVE that they DO exist.

So it would be best if we showed respect for everyone's opinions and beliefs and help them from the place they're at.

Afterall - isn't our ultimate goal here to help people HEAL from the damage done by the WBTS?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Valis!

You are so evil! Ok, lets say that she has no religious exp. and no one ever told her about demons or ghost/spirits whatever; that doesnt mean they dont exist! All that means is that she would have to come up with an original name for them....

(Valis is a Demon!)

• Larry
    Larry

Crazy - I agree totally with your statement "...I have to disagree with the idea that if you dont believe in something it doesnt exist." A case in point is animals - They have different senses that enables them to hear, feel, see, taste and smell things that we can't. The fact that we can't sense some things animals can sense does't mean it's non-existant.

But I was talking in the content of Demons, etc. Personally, I don't believe it, thus it won't effect me. For a person that believes in the demons it's real to them. The mind controls everything. So the question is - Is the mnd everything?

Peace - LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit