ARE JW'S MORE HONEST THAN OTHERS?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Europe
    Europe

That's right and I accused you of that because you yourself accused people of generalization first:

Amac: "Please explain how you have come to this conclusion about an entire group of people. But first, remember that a personal experience about how you were cheated by an elder in your hall will not cut it for a generalization for a group of 6 million. ....."

And that's why I asked you : "Tell me Amac, why are J.W.'s allowed to generalize everybody that is not a dub as an apostate and part of Satan's world????? But as soon as people all have more or less the same experience with dubs, they are blamed for generalization?????" BTW: it will be impossible for you to explain why I am an imbecile, because I'm not!!;-))

• amac
    amac

That's right and I accused you of that because you yourself accused people of generalization first:

You don't make sense. How is that a double standard? I accused people of generalization that later ADMITTED they were generalizing. I already responded to the rest of your post the first time (to which you never rebutted.)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey amac,I see my post kept you busy for a week(LOL!)I`d hate to see what would happen if I sent you something shiny,you`d probably go comatose..LOL...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Now OUTLAW, don't get poor AMAC going again!

• amac
    amac

OUTLAW -

I see you have no response or defense to the fact that you are a troll....LOL...AMAC.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

A person's "comfortability" is tied up with how honest they are: to themselves and the outside world. Unless they're a sociopath. How comfortable can one be when telling lies because of "theocratic warfare." Not extremely comfortable is my best bet. If you're really honest with YOURSELF and your ENVIRONMENT, you should be just doing fine. If you are lying, then you might feel a little anxious towards people who might uncover you. People who live lives that are based in lies find it very uncomfortable when confronted with reality. It is my best bet that all those who have left the JW's just couldn't corroberate the truth they knew in their heart to what was going on about them. It was a definite schizm in their environment and the truth they felt in their hearts.

Ask all these XJW's who lived Double Lives.. how did *they* feel about it? A comfortable sociopath wouldn't feel any anxiety. But those who really knew the truth, but were afraid to confront it, suppressed it, and it prolly caused a lot of problems in their physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.

Country Girl

• somebody
    somebody

amac,

I think it is ridiculous to give them tags like this. A hardcore JW would say the same thing about people on this site. Both sides would be wrong and obviously overly subjective.

If you truly belive that, then why don't you tell the elders to tell ( seeing as how your leaders are like the wiaard of Oz to the rank and file) the WBTS to STOP putting "tags" on Catholics. And more importantly, stop bashing them. The WBTS seem to think that God is only going to forgive their mistakes and erroneous teachings of the past because the faithful and discreet slave is not infallible, but only human. But they teach that the Catholic and it's followers won't be forgiven. it doesn't feel good when poeple put tags on others, does it?

The point is that from peoples opinions that were in the borg for years and years, and at higher levels of the clergical watchtower ladder, is that JW's are dishonest. ANd really, if ther leaders teach them that it's ok to be dishonest and it's ok to lie, then welll....by the fruits you will know them. The WBTS reaps what it sows. In my experience, most of the honest Jws don't stay JWs.

peace,

gwen

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

OMG, I just stumbled across this thread.......I wasn't going to post but I am laughing so hard at OUTLAW'S comment that I can't stand it!

Hey amac,I see my post kept you busy for a week(LOL!)I`d hate to see what would happen if I sent you something shiny,you`d probably go comatose..LOL...OUTLAW

oh shit! you've got to get out of that deadbeat religion amac, I swear, you and OUTLAW could have a comedy team! I've never laughed so hard all by myself ! ditch that b.s. amac, you don't have the stomach for that nonsense religion......

• amac
    amac

Somebody -

I'm not going to discuss your points or their validity because they are shifting attention away from the topic. Kind of like when you tell a child they shouldn't do something and they try and justify it by saying how so-and-so does it. This thread was about whether or not JW's are more honest than other people, and I called people on the generalizations and exaggerations that were being made. Why bring up the JW's errors in the same area? Does this validate ex-JW's doing it? I don't think so.

Dedaisy -

I ditched ALL b.s. a long time ago...

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Are they honest (heck no) not from the experience I have had with them.

I believe they do not own dictionaries in their homes, because they do not know what the word "honest" means,

They lie, gossip etc. etc.

I personally would not trust them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit