ARE JW'S MORE HONEST THAN OTHERS?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Dia,

Great post. You just reminded me of another category JWs are famous for within their ranks, you said tattletale, I categorically say RAT FINKS.

Edited by - Dismembered on 7 September 2002 10:6:25

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Well, after watching the mini-flame-war in this thread silently, I'll throw my two cents in and say that in my opinion, JW's are somewhat less honest than non-witnesses. Maybe they are about equivalent in areas like monetary things (i.e. finding a wallet, getting too much change from a clerk, etc. - here's a thread I started a while back that relates to that: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35497&site=3)

But JW's will say anything to avoid making their organization look bad. Ask yourself: When I was out in service, if someone asked me, "Do you believe that everyone except members of your group will be killed by God?" Would I have answered in a straightforward fashion? Or would I have attempted to dance around the issue and leave the householder with a false impression? What if I was asked, "Would you allow your child to die rather than have a blood transfusion?" or even, "Are you here to try to convert me to your religion?" All of us who are former JW's know we would not have answered these questions directly and honestly. Instead we would have attempted, in effect, to deceive the householder by giving the impression that our beliefs were something more palatable to him/her (without actually saying that they were). Such equivocation from people knocking at the door allegedly to dispense "truth" is an indication of fundamental dishonesty.

• Dia
    Dia

Thanks. Yes, tattling is a very high priority in this religion.

And that is why JW relationships are ALL very superficial.

How can you get close to someone when you CAN'T share your deepest thoughts or feelings?

Because it's their job to report you. And your job to report them.

I suspect there is something to this.

That those who seek out the dubs actually desire extreme superficiality in their relationships with other people.

Safety?

Thanks Neonmadman.

I suspect that outside of returning a lost wallet or being overchanged at the counter, most JWs are confused about what honesty IS.

Edited by - Dia on 7 September 2002 10:33:40

• amac
    amac

It is interesting reading amac's posts. Denial, in action.

I'm not quite sure what this empty accusation is supposed to mean, but on this board, I've become used to it. That's OK though, an accusation without anything to back it up carries no weight.

I don't have the time to respond to the last few posts individually, but to surmise, I tend to defend groups that are pigeonholed. I see a lot of holier than thou attitudes by ex-JWs about current JWs. So much that it reminds me of the attitudes that JWs have about other faiths.

As to individual JWs, who's to say they are more honest than others? Some are, some aren't. As an organization, I think they do a good job of stressing honesty and getting their followers to fall in line. That is why at District Conventions I never worried too much about stuff getting stolen. For some JWs, it is a very superficial honesty, for others it is more deep rooted. To try and peg the entire group and how honest they are is ridiculous.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

They are no different than any other religion who stresses Biblie morality

• Europe
    Europe
    To try and peg the entire group and how honest they are is ridiculous.

No it is not Amac, and you know why???

Because J.W.'s ALWAYS present themselves as a group! There is no individuality whatsoever!

When I talk with one J.W. he/she is always replying with WE this and WE that...or my brothers and sisters etc. so no wonder people will try and peg the " entire" group!!

• seawolf
    seawolf

Well, after a few "fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me" sort of things, we finally had a "hire no witness" policy. Every non-witness company/person that we hired worked out fine and did excellent work! every one! Every witness we hired did nothing but shoddy, crappy work or ripped us off for a lot of money and wouldn't stand behind their work. Even a witness friend of ours told us that her father (an elder) wouldn't hire a witness because they were dishonest. It's kinda sad.

I'm not sure this is just around where I live or if it's this bad everywhere.

There is one person from the hall that I'd hire to do computer work for me if I ever needed it. I trust him. But since I know how to do all the computer stuff I need, I've never had a need to have him work for me.

• Europe
    Europe

Last week an ex Dub told me that there is a lot of dishonesty among J.W.!

His father (an elder) told him that he was surprised (duh!!!) that the figures from Awake magazines distributed by the congregation to their members did NOT match the distribution numbers reported by their members on their monthly reports!!!!! So...all those 'honest' J.W.'s had handed out FAR more magazines than their congregations had supplied them with???????? LOL

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Amac said :I see a lot of holier than thou attitudes by ex-JWs about current JWs

How do you know what we all are ex -JW's?

You talk about defending groups who are "pigeonholed" well so do I. Just not pompus, self-righteous, condescending, contentious, arrogant ones who cannot stand to be challenged. i.e. Dubs.

• Dia
    Dia

I'm sorry that you don't get it amac. I pray that one day you will.

Denial is one tough nut to crack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit