ARE JW'S MORE HONEST THAN OTHERS?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Good question minimus, now what about ourselves? My favorite scripture is Romans 2:21, "....do you, however the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself? I make it a practice to look in the mirror first and ask that question.

Guest 77

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Min

In my experience, they are crooks. Especially Elders

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Are JW's more honest than others? Only if the Pope is a Muslim.

Just because they think that they are God's Chosen people, they think they can do whatever the hell they want. Arrogant Lying Creeps!!!!

• zev
    zev

as i have told Gwen before, jw's are the most sneakiest people i have ever met.

dishonest, liars, cheeters, and benders of all the rules of life.

not all of them, mind you. but i have seen enough to make my stomach turn, and to bother me.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Zev has got it just about right!

Sam

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

The religion they believe in is based on lies and hypocrisy. To continue to believe in that, they must lie to themselves. Not a very honest foundation from which to draw.

XW

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

While inside I felt they were more trustworthy & honest than other people of course my perception was altered at the time I wanted to believe they were better.

As their personal lives *what goes on outside of kh* became known it became clear some were no diff... marriages are not all roses, families are not joined at the hip as they appear, they do not wash their cars as often as they claim to, consume more coffee/donuts than WT suggests...

Good actors

• amac
    amac

Once again, extreme exaggerations about JWs...

The Best Dubs Lie

they are crooks. Especially Elders
    Arrogant Lying Creeps!!!!
    dishonest, liars, cheeters, and benders of all the rules of life.

I think it is ridiculous to give them tags like this. A hardcore JW would say the same thing about people on this site. Both sides would be wrong and obviously overly subjective.

I don't think JWs are any better than anyone else has the capability to be. However, as an organization, they do stress the importance of honesty and how it ties in both with worship of God and one's salvation very well. As a group, I think they do a fine job (in fact, too good) of keeping their members in line with their teachings.

• TR
    TR

I agree with Xena:

The religion they believe in is based on lies and hypocrisy. To continue to believe in that, they must lie to themselves. Not a very honest foundation from which to draw.
    TR
  • Quotes
    Quotes

I would like to re-iterate my points made in the thread WOULD A JW KILL IN THE NAME OF GOD??? :

Remember, they already commit crimes in the name of The Truth(TM):

• vandalism/destruction of opposing view (a.k.a. Apostate) books at public libraries
    • illegal entry into homes and apartment buildings clearly marked "No Tresspassing"
    • failure to report suspected and alleged child molestation, contrary to mandatory reporting laws
    • failure to pay taxes ordered by the French government. They simply moved out of the contry to avoid payment. So much for "paying Caesar's things to Caesar".
    • abducting children to prevent court ordered, life saving, blood transfusions
    • abducting children to prevent court ordered custody of a "non-believing" parent
    • bribing Mexican government officals to receive a "cartilla" which indicates that mandatory military service has already been served
    • telling lies while under oath, claiming it is not a lie but rather "spiritual warfare"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit