Would You Like to Work For silentlambs?

by silentlambs 85 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

Reborn

Elders in your Jehovah's Witness congregation are essentially untrained clergy volunteers, so do you admit that your religion is a corporation? What's the difference buddy? Another classic example of Jehovah's Witness double-standards.

That's the point. There is no difference. Except apostate Dubs make the accusation that the Watchtower is exploiting cheap labor. Bill Bowen is apparently doing the same thing, which makes you a hypocrite, for if you advocate the thing you condemn in others, that makes you a hypocrite. Apparently you haven't thought this through very far and are simply quick to condemn without thinking for yourself.

Semantics aside, your comment to insinuate that Bill Bowen and the silentlambs purpose is to victimize people who have suffered child molestation so as to make money is deplorable.

So, I guess you are going to volunteer to head up the "merchandising department"? LOL

If FredHall was deactivated for verbally attacking Jesika on another thread, than I call and demand that YouKnow be deactivated for assaulting the silentlambs in saying that those victims of child molestation are nothing more than pawns in a scheme to reap revenue.

I noticed this was one of the fews times you have posted to me that you weren't lathered up in a mouth-frothing fit of cursing and profanity. Why the change? LOL

If you do not deactivate him, then there is an obvious double-standard here. In any event, if no action is taken, it will only heighten YouKnow's arrogance in believing he is over and above all.

Let's face it: You do need some help dealing with YK. Your goon squad thruggery hasn't phased me. Perhaps you can get Simon to do your dirty work for you.

I am utterly disgusted and nauseated by his comments.

I should imagine that just being you would more than likely be the source of your nausea. / You Know

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

YouDONTKnow:

make the accusation that the Watchtower is exploiting cheap labor.

asking for volunteers is exploiting cheap labor? These people WILLINGLY provide their services, expecting no reward in return other than the goodwill of aiding people HARMED by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

The difference is that individuals who volunteer to help the silentlambs cause are not promised everlasting life and happiness if they remain loyal to the organization, as the religion you defend does. If people volunteer to help the silentlambs cause and join, they are not shunned by other people if they choose to stop for whatever reason.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are full of empty promises, and in laying out doctrine for people to blindly and willingly adhere to, despite the fact the Watchtower doctrine vacillates every few years, have MURDERED thousands.

The volunteer untrained clergy in your congregations are granted the power to control people's lives, and in doing so have caused irreparable harm in many cases.

There is a HUGE difference here.

Do you deny this?

Let's face it: You do need some help dealing with YK. Your goon squad thruggery hasn't phased me. Perhaps you can get Simon to do your dirty work for you.

Help dealing with you? Hogwash.

Anyone simply need look up and read the endless barrage of threads containing posts by you to know that you simply tuck tail and run elsewhere to post your nonsense when your cult is exposed for being the corrupt, hypocritical book-publishing company that it is. You have so many fallacies in your arguments, they resemble limburger cheese.

Remember this thread? You never rebutted any of my comments which were supported with substantiated facts. I wonder why that is?

Or how about this thread? Exposing another blatant contradiction as it vented from your mouth.

I tire of you Robert. Your arrogant, blabbering nonsense has gone on long enough.

So I ask the board, how long will his incessant personal attacks and insults of victims of molestation continue? If you are going to deactivate people for specific actions, then lay an even-hand in doing so.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 19 August 2002 6:11:59

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

My apologies to silentlambs and any other posters interested in this topic for my contributing to hijacking this thread.

YouKnow craves attention, and he will post his vile comments to attain it.

Nevertheless, to minimalize the suffering of victims of child molestation and insinuate that they are being used as puppets to garner revenue could not go unaddressed.

Robert King's hypocrisy and arrogance know no boundaries.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 19 August 2002 6:17:51

• You Know
    You Know
    asking for volunteers is exploiting cheap labor? These people WILLINGLY provide their services, expecting no reward in return other than the goodwill of aiding people HARMED by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

Yeah, right.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are full of empty promises, and in laying out doctrine for people to blindly and willingly adhere to, despite the fact the Watchtower doctrine vacillates every few years, have MURDERED thousands.

That's just plain nonsense.

The volunteer untrained clergy in your congregations are granted the power to control people's lives, and in doing so have caused irreparable harm in many cases.

That's right. Come to think of it, wasn't Bill Bowen an elder?

Remember this thread? You never rebutted any of my comments which were supported with substantiated facts. I wonder why that is?

Because I didn't feel like it. At times I am simply content to let a snapping dog bark. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    Robert King's hypocrisy and arrogance know no boundaries.

I have been dealing with apostate Dubs on the net for over 6 years now. At one time or another everyone has taken a shot at me, but I have never backed down. I have been the object of withering ridicule, outright slander, and vicious personal attacks, yet in each case I outlast my opponent and they tire out and move on to easier prey. Let me put it this way: You don't intimidate me at all because I know who your daddy is. / You Know

"I am writing you, young men, because you have conquered the wicked one." 1John 2:13

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

You Know, will you kindly and flatly state your stand on this pedophile issue? Let me also ask you, are you not contributing to Satan's scheme by opposing the anointed ones?

Guest 77

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

You know I have two words for you and they are not printable, so don't start something that will only end in your demise.

This is Bill's post not yours. Bill I wish I could be of assistance but I am not able to, but be assured I will support you and the silentlambs always.

Orangefatcat

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think this move to share the workload is a step in the right direction but a direction that has to be cautiously taken due to this community's sensitivities about "organization". There is no way Bill can continue at this pace without burning out. And likely there are some who would excel in certain areas due to their expertise in their fields.

I think the most successful move would be to place a well-spoken female in a position to address the media. Perhaps even an abuse survivor who is strong enough to speak publicly about an issue that hits so close to home, but calm and rational in the most tough situations. Emphasis needs to be taken off of Bill Bowen and fixed solely on the victims and this is an ideal way imo.

I see "organization" in Bill's post as simply a necessary evil to operate a basic charitable organization. Perhaps Bill could explain some things in more detail so that people are even more clear as to the whole intended structure and long term "game" plan so there is no confusion?

Path

PS. Please don't take threads off their intended direction by responding to people that wish to do so. Please exercise some restraint and courtesy and realize you are contributing to a problem by doing so. If you must reply, please start another thread. And consider if replying to statements intended to inflame is really a good use of your time. Don't play these people's games.

• abbagail
    abbagail

"Organization" became so offensive because the WTS printed it about three times in every sentence of every Watchtower we ever read. (Nothing like redundancy ad nauseum ad infinitum.) Remember one of their favorite quotes from the school book, "Repetition is the Mother of Retention"? Well, they sure ran that one into the ground! Also, it was the non-stop pressurized "allegience" to the "Organization" that I think is what turned most of our stomachs upside down (i.e., "bow down and submit to our Religious ORG or DIE!")

As far as Silent Lambs or any other non-profit charitable self-help "group" and/or "foundation" and/or "organization" using the word "organization," it doesn't bother me at all. Isn't that why the .org was created? But when the word is rammed down your throat constantly by a RELIGIOUS ORG, that's another thing entirely (to me, that is).

Reborn had some good points along these lines. If we volunteer to help Silent Lambs, we are not being promised "salvation" or endless life in a paradise earth, etc. No "pay off" attached for helping Silent Lambs except that which it should be, i.e., the joy of helping others in a very worthy cause.

Glad you mentioned "burn out," path, 'cuz I had wondered the same. Not good to keep such a stressful pace for too long at a time. The body will suffer from it, sometimes irreparably.

Also, good idea about a female spokesperson for the Silent Lambs. I vote for Heidi, since she did so WELL with Connie Chung. Not sure if any lamb would want that job full-time however. What about Barb Anderson as a the "Mother Hen" rep/spokeswoman? Wonder how she would feel about that? (Mother Hen meant in a GOOD WAY!!!!! Loving & Protective.)

Grits

Edited by - Grits on 19 August 2002 7:34:5

• You Know
    You Know

ORANGE-OBESE-FELINE says:

This is Bill's post not yours.

The way I understand how this forum works is that anyone can respond to any post. I have posted dozens of topics on this board and all sorts of posters usually respond with all sorts of responses, many mere diversionary tactics and personal attacks upon my character. On this thread I merely made a brief comment about Silent Lambs Inc, after which an apostate thug turned this thread into his personal get-YK agenda. Am I not entitled to respond? You are all so hypocritical. It is truely laughable. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit