Let's play Un-Theocratic Ministry School

by Mindchild 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I thought it would be a nice break from things to have a little fun and at the same time fine tune our JW repellant skills. So it is time for another round of Un-Theocratic Ministry School.

For this presentation my fine ex-JW friends, we will play door to door games with dubs. If you so desire, you can be either the householder or play the role of the dub. If you play householder please remember that your objective is not so much to logically crush the JW knocking on your door, rather it is to reach them emotionally, to get them out of their conceptual reality long enough to see that their belief is not infailable, that something is wrong. If you desire to play the JW knocking on the door, please respond in a way that mimics the actions accurately of a JW...play the role for all it's worth.

Either party can end the conversation anytime they wish by simply excusing themselves. When you knock, please attach a brief description of your sex and age.

My turn first...

knock knock (a JW elder in his 40's at your door)....any takers? (be kind now as it has been years since I've done this)

Skipper

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

* I am a householder, a mIddle-aged dude, former JW (unknown to hapless Brother Mindchild), and I have just been woken up from a pleasant snooze on Saturday morning. I enjoy eating JW publishers for lunch.*

*Opens door*

DUDE: I was just praying that God would answer my call to help me find the truth. Who are you?

*tries not to grin too much*

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Uh, hello...............

Mimilly

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Responding to MegaDude...

Well Hello Sir,

I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and I can certainly appreciate your belief in God and wanting to learn more about pleasing him. We, as Jehovah's Witnesses, believe that it is very important to help people like you find out for themselves what the Bible really says and enjoy the benefits of learning this Good News of The Kingdom.

May I interest you in the latest copy of the Watchtower magazine, which has something that may strike joy in your heart?

(waiting to hear from MegaDude)

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Responding to Mimilly,

Good Morning,

I'm happy to find you home today. I was enjoying this great weather and wanted to share something else that was wonderful to think about, and that is the joy of living in a paradise Earth. You may already know that I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and that we make an effort to reach everyone with the good news of things changing positively in the future. May I interest you in the latest Awake magazine that is talking about how the enviornment can be changed around to make the world a paradise?

(waiting for reply)

• JanH
    JanH

Ah sorry. Bad flashbacks.

- Jan

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

DUDE: You're one of Jehovah's Witnesses? Wow, I have a relative that is a JW. We're very close. We've had some interesting discussions and he gave me a book that your church puts out. It was a red book. What was the name of it?

(feigns searching memory)

Ah, Live..... Live Forever on the Paradise Earth. Did you read that one?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

<hiding in Skipper's bookbag, next to the doggie treat, listening to both of these experiences. hehe, got the timer going, you know talks are only suppose to be 5 minutes long!>

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Responds to Megadude...

I'm so glad to hear that you have had positive experiences with other Witnesses. You probably know by example then of the exempliary life they live and the importance they give to worshiping God. So many religions these days only give lip service to worshiping God but I can see you are a person who truly loves God and wants to learn more.

It has been awhile since I read the book you mentioned. When did it come out, do you remember? We have published more books about the Bible than any other religion and if I were to bring them all here with me now, we would literally need a truck! I don't have a copy of that book with me, but I have, blue, green, orange, and black books if you would prefer to look at one of them.

(waiting)

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Yeh, right.... Jehovah's Witnesses. I've heard of you people. I thought you people preached the bible or something..... why are you pushing magazines? And really, a Paradise earth? Look at it all! No one can get along! The enviornment is collapsing! How is a paradise going to come about with this? There are too many people to reason with and too many who want the wars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit