Hellfire loves "Dumbass people".

by Bleep 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• COMF
    COMF
    If you don't read the Bible you should go to the Adult section of this site.

Amen, brother, amen. Tell it, tell it out.

• larc
    larc

Dear brother Bleep, you said you answered my questions, but of course, you did not. Please explain the Mexico - Malowi difference in policy. Please explain why you believe that all will have a second chance in the millenium when your religion does not teach this. Stop being unethical and give specific answers. We are tired of your verbal fog. By the way, the subject of hell fire is just a big yawn to most of us.

• Bleep
    Bleep

I know what my religion teaches. Did you really want to know why we have a second chance? I can answer that one. The other question needs to have some proof and the doctrine needs to be given to me. I only get the Watchtower and other publications that are inspired from the Bible.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

ROTFLMFAO -- Oh my GAWD did he say the Watchtower was inspired?!?!?! LMFAO Oh my gawd, this is funny.

So many things I wish I could say, but there is no point in arguing with a person who has the brain power of a bowl of 3 day old noodles...

Dumbazz

Moe

Edited by - MrMoe on 10 August 2002 17:4:16

• larc
    larc

Dear brother Bleep, you said that we all get a second chance. You said you can prove it. Well, by all means do so. Your religion does not teach this. Now, regarding the Mexican - Malowi situation, you will not find the answer in the WT or the Awake! The answer to this is found in high level Society docuements, which we have seen and you have not. Aint't it funny how we know more than you do?

• Bleep
    Bleep

/////A Brief History of hellfire By the Watchtower July 15, 2002 quoting the Bible.

"When did professed Christians adopt the belief in hellfire? Well after the time of Jesus Christ and his apostles. The Apocalypse of Peter (2nd century C.E.) was the first [apocryphal] Christian work to describe the punishment and tortures of sinners in hell," states the French Encyclopedia Universalis.

Among the early Church Fathers, however, there was disagreement over hell. Justin Martyr, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, and Cyprian believed that hell was a fiery place. Origen and theologian Gregory of Nyssa thought of hell was a fiery place. Origen and theologian Gregory of Nyssa thought hell as a place of separation from God-of spiritual suffering. Augustine of Hippo, on the other hand, held that suffering in hell was both spiritual and sensory- a view that gained acceptance! By the fifth century the stern doctrine that sinners will have NO second chance after this life and that the fire which will devour them will never be extinguished was everywhere paramount," wrote Professor J.N.D Kelly.

In the 16th century, such Protestant reformers as Martin Luther and John Calvin understood the fiery torment of hell to be figurative of separated from God. However, the idea of hell as a place of torment returned in the following two centuries. Protestant preacher Jonathan Edwards used to strike fear in the hearts of 18- century Colonial Americans with graphic portrayals of hell.

Shortly thereafter, though, the flames of hell began to flicker and fade. "The 20th century was nearly the death of hell." states U.S. News & World Report."

My two cents are. First off we get another chance in life. We do not get judged when we die and either goes to heaven or hell. We go to the common grave called hell waiting for Jesus to call us out. Of course Jehovah remembers our DNA and restores us into a living condition.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    The Apocalypse of Peter (2nd century C.E.) was the first [apocryphal] Christian work to describe the punishment and tortures of sinners in hell,"

Did the Watchtower say that? It's another WT lie if they did. The "first Christian work to describe the punishment and tortures of sinners in hell" (though not an apocryphal one) is the book of Matthew:

Matthew 5:22: But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
    Matthew 5:30: It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
    Matthew 18:19: And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Also, the book of Mark:

Mark 9:43: It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

And Revelation:

Rev 18:20: But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
    Rev. 20:10: And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

(Didn't mean to highlight that last one, it just seems to be doing it automatically...)

Hmmm, can't seem to turn it off...

Well, anyway, my point is that it is absurd to say that the concept of torment in hellfire was unknown in the days of Jesus and the apostles. It was clearly delineated in the scriptures. Which is not to say that I necessarily believe that is is literally true that God burns people forever. However, the Bible does describe such; whether it is to be understood literally or figuratively is another matter.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    First off we get another chance in life. We do not get judged when we die and either goes to heaven or hell.

What does the Bible say about that?

Heb 9:27: Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

So, apparently we do get judged when we die. I certainly don't know of any scriptures that imply we will have another chance to get right with God after death.

We go to the common grave called hell waiting for Jesus to call us out. Of course Jehovah remembers our DNA and restores us into a living condition.

So, then, if there is no continuous existence, it's not really us that God resurrects, but a clone with all of our memories, who goes on to live our life for us while we stay dead forever. Great prospect!

Perhaps you could supply some scriptures that detail how God remembers our DNA and restores us to a living condition. But then you won't, will you? I've asked you numerous times on numerous threads to supply scriptures backing up your absurd statements, and you always simply ignore me. How could you do otherwise? After all, most of your arguments are completely without scriptural backing - complete fantasies, concocted by the Watchtower and swallowed whole by mindless drones like you without so much as a critical hiccup.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 12 August 2002 9:32:47

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Bleep:

Bleep bleep bleep. You still havnt answered the questions I proposed for you. I pointed out to you how your own beloved WT violates ALL of your 'moral rules'. And they do this ALL the time. How can you tell members here to not violate the rules when YOU and the WT do it all the time! Well, trying to point out factual things to you is pointless being that your world of information is limited to WT and AWAKE lies. Do they print your college textbooks to?? Get out of the box and do some INDEPENDENT research. Thats right bleep, THINK FOR YOURSELF. Can you do that? If the WT printed that people were aliens would you believe that to?? Probably, and thats pretty sad.

FOOLS HATE KNOWLEDGE

• Bleep
    Bleep

Here we have two claims made my Crazydrinka,

One is I have no accurate knowledge of the Bible. I have shown that I have the accurate knowledge that the NWT brings out. See the scriptures I referenced to? My information might be limited to Bible knowledge; would that be such a bad thing?

The other claim is that I do not use ethics. What principle of ethics did I break? I did not try to disclose confidential info. I did not violate the do no harm principle and so on here is the list in case you need them again> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34125&site=3&page=1

Stop trying to fool me, I know my rights on this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit