GETTING INTERESTING REAL SOON NOW

by You Know 101 Replies latest social current

• joelbear
    joelbear

The market was way way overvalued and is still somewhat overvalued compared to earnings. In the long term, the market is driven by earnings. The current crash is due to investor's no longer trusting the earnings that companies are reporting. The market ain't gonna bounce back anytime soon. The 90's were an anomalie and we are now back to a more normal looking stock market.

Y2K concerns were one factor that inflated the market but by far the major pumper was unrealistic expectations over what the internet would mean to business and to consumers. The world, not even the progress hungry US, could eat up technology advancement as fast as companies were claiming they would. Throw in a few hucksters and you have a mania.

Unfortunately many people who got in the market in 1999 and 2000 lost a ton of money. People are now shifting back to a more normal savings routine, most of their money being invested in their own homes. This is pretty much the way things have always worked and probably always will except for occasional manias.

But we can squabble over what will happen next forever and neither one of us will know until it happens.

The main difference between YK's and my philosophy is that I believe you worship God by showing love to others in every way you can. I believe love of neighbor is what builds up our personal bond to God. I believe neighbor is defines as all living things, not just our fellow humans. The Watchtower and many other religions complicate the matter by tying faith in God to rituals, organizations, bureaucracy and a list of rules and regulations a mile long.

I think its much simpler than that. Love your neighbor as yourself and love God, on this the prophets and the law hang, or words to that affect.

Whatever happens in the future, love is the only real refuge from trouble. Unfortunately you can't sell a lot of books if the answer is that simple.

It is mind boggling how we resist this simple and pleasurable answer to life's problems.

Joel

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    You really don't have any say though. In short, since you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses it is none of your business how we sort these problems out.

Actually, I do have a say, at least as much as any outraged citizen. The Watchtower, by its policies, is covering up criminal acts. This is not an internal religious matter that can be "sorted out" by the organization. It is a matter of public concern. I think the day will come when we see many elders and even governing body members facing criminal indictments.

Wrong, my eyes are wide open. I simply know every trick in the apostate's book. You can't fool me, that's all. I refuse to blindly accept your twisted reasonings.

You say you know every trick in the apostate's book, but I still can't figure out how you determine who is an apostate. If one who points out flaws in the organization is an apostate, then you are certainly one, too. Many who post here, whom you refer to as apostates, have done no more than you have, i.e. questioned or disagreed with the organization. And, in some cases, they have been disfellowshipped for doing so. Is that the difference? They are apostates because they got caught and you haven't yet?

I have been dealing with you people long enough to know that apostates are proud of the fact that they are immoral dogs, and those who aren't personally immoral encourage those who are. Those are indisputable facts. If you say contrary you are simply lying.

There's a perfect example of the propagandist's art: Construct a lie, then frame its presentation in such a way as to presume that anyone disagreeing with it is a liar. I think that worked well for Hitler, too, didn't it? It certainly works for the Watchtower Society on an ongoing basis.

"Apostates" as a group are not proud of anything, except, perhaps, for the fact that they saw through the Watchtower's deceptions. Some are indeed "immoral dogs." Others are good, upstanding people with a higher level of morals than the average JW. People go in a thousand different directions when they leave the Watchtower; they are no better or worse on the average than normal people in any walk of life, because that is what they are. The irony is that Jehovah's Witnesses, who take such a smug, superior, self-righteous attitude toward the immoral "worldly" people, are in the same boat. They are no better morally than other people, and they have special problems as an organization (such as a prevailing lack of love and an atmosphere that encourages pedophiles to operate freely, just to name a few) that actually make them, as a group, morally inferior to people of the "world".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey YK,as everyone can see on the other thread because I have brought it up again,you did not win your bet,you are a liar.You claim to be one of the anointed,what do`s god need with a liar?Do you think you are a good example of a JW? I do,your a liar...OUTLAW

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

PAY UP YOUKNOW! YOU LOST the BET!!!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I became aware that the system was going to come down in a way that Jehovah's Witnesses did not expect.

Where would we be without your great knowledge??? Please continue to save the world!! LOL

• You Know
    You Know

madman writes

You say you know every trick in the apostate's book, but I still can't figure out how you determine who is an apostate.

That's not suprising.

If one who points out flaws in the organization is an apostate, then you are certainly one, too.

You are an idiot if you can't figure it out. No one should be under the impression that the Watchtower Society is flawless. Apostates are those who would capitalize upon errors, whether real of presumed, in order to justify their own defection and persuade others to abandon their faith.

And, in some cases, they have been disfellowshipped for doing so. Is that the difference? They are apostates because they got caught and you haven't yet?

You are apostates becuase you are a member of the modern day sect of Nicolaus, you are just too stupid to realize where you stand, that's all.

There's a perfect example of the propagandist's art: Construct a lie, then frame its presentation in such a way as to presume that anyone disagreeing with it is a liar.

Like I said, You can't fool me. This board tesifies to the fact that you are mere immoral dogs and proud of it. I speak the truth in that regard. / You Know

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Jesus H Christ on a rhinestone crusted pogo stick! Don't you ever get tired of frothing and raving like a smegging soapbox madman, Booby? Your snarling hate-filled drivel is pathetically stale after all this time, Mr. One-Note. Get a smegging clue---you have ZERO credibility and even less basic moral integrity.

You are such a terrific example of what Jdubdom does to those already mentally incompetent! You are a sick sad sorry son of a bitch, Robert. Your caustic drool is one of the best arguments against joining that crackpot cult. Thanks for just being your own idiot self; you are a walking advert for the anti-cult viewpoint.

The only immoral dog I see around here is you, Sideshow Bob...your slavering hatred of everyone not exactly like you is waaay more disgusting than anything else posted here.

Laughing at your continual ignorant self-righteous moronitude,

MD

(glad to be shed of asshole Jdubs like you)

• You Know
    You Know

MD

Don't you ever get tired of frothing and raving like a smegging soapbox madman, Booby?

You are the one doing all the mouth-frothing. I just stick to the facts. / You Know

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey MD,Side Show Bob?..ROTLMAO!!..Pay up the bet you lost SideShow Bob...OUTLAW

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Booby, you wouldn't know a genuine fact if it up and bit your skanky mudman ass. You're a delusional crackpot. A hundred years ago you would have been screeching on a soapbox on street corners; now, though, thanks to human innovation (and no thanks to your idiot Jehoober) you have the Internet in which to rant and act like the mental midget you are. You've made enough false predictions to qualify as a Watchtower writer: too bad for you that your organization dislikes and mistrusts you as much as we do. Must be pretty horrible, being the quintessential outsider in your congregation. Otherwise you wouldn't spend so much time hanging around with people you claim are moral degenerates. You're pathetic, Sideshow Bob, and you desperately need some new material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit