Disturbing hidden image in w15 04/15 page 9 (Not DF image)

by campaign of hate 87 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    They have. Ray Franz revealed quite a few.

Maybe not all of them...a secret is secret because it hasn't been revealed and Ray could only reveal those secrets that he was privy to.

There is no comparison between that and a practical joke in the art department.

You are the one saying that it is a practical joke. Not everyone agrees on that. Asserting that it is a practical joke is no different than asserting that it is a 'conspiracy'.

Besides, what kind of artist would reveal publicly that they were the ones that deliberately deceived people with the images that they were responsible for making? That scenario is rather implausible but, it would be remarkable if they did.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I had pointed out earlier that people perceive color differently. To move away from the discussion as to whether or not a tetrachromat is 'functional' or not, it might be helpful to consider instead the percentage of the population that is genetically different than the general population - those people who are colorblind. The ones who cannot distinguish variations in color in some areas of the visible light spectrum.

So, if you are one of those people who frustratingly say "...but I can't see those images!!!", you may very well be part of the population who deal with color blindness. There are many variations of this visual deficiency.

Statistically speaking, several of our members on this forum will be unable to see colors the same as most people do.

Color blindness affects a significant number of people, although exact proportions vary among groups. In Australia, for example, it occurs in about 8 percent of males and only about 0.4 percent of females. Isolated communities with a restricted gene pool sometimes produce high proportions of color blindness, including the less usual types. Examples include rural Finland, Hungary, and some of the Scottish islands. In the United States, about 7 percent of the male population—or about 10.5 million men—and 0.4 percent of the female population either cannot distinguish red from green, or see red and green differently from how others do (Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 2006). More than 95 percent of all variations in human color vision involve the red and green receptors in male eyes. It is very rare for males or females to be "blind" to the blue end of the spectrum.[51]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends:

I applied for but did not receive the privilege of working in the WT art department. It must have been my inappropriate rendering of a pointillism Nebo -- Assyrian god -- during auditions that axed me. I wound up a proofreader instead. [See Aid to Bible Understanding, page 1121.] Then again, it may have been my cleansed leper, overjoyed and bounding about as his swaddling cloths unfurled and cascaded to his feet. I never learned why . . .

If you check out a link I provided earlier re: Commercial Artists' View of WT Art, you'll find Seven006's comments very revealing about what WT art is not. He worked there. He did not agree with my offerings.

CC

• oppostate
    oppostate

Wow! I can really see the images clearly now that Punkofnice optimized them!

Who would have thunk it? Does that make me color blind?

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

The thread you posted COCO is very interesting.

Perhaps the "subliminal image" is some kind of signature in order for them to be distinguishable in the future. A reference so to speak, in order to recognize the piece that he created.

• cofty
    cofty
    you may very well be part of the population who deal with color blindness

I'm not

On the other hand tetrachromatism is exceedingly rare.

Let's assume the supposed hidden images have nothing to do with special visual powers or lack of them.

Some of the supposed images are easy to see just like the face in Afrikaman's wave. The question is whether they are a result of human agency.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Sorry, Coco...I don't where I got the idea that you had worked in the art department. My bad. I read the thread that you linked to - thanks.

There is another theory about the subliminal images in WT magazines that hasn't been considered.

Let's reject the intentional insertion theory. Let's reject the practical joke theory. Let's reject the mental illness of the viewer theory. Let's reject the stupidity theory.

Let's go with "There are demons at work! The demons did it!"

It is old Satan up to his tricks again - you know, like he made up fossils to mislead people about the bibble's creation story.

Yup. Demons are in the art department...just waiting to prey on all of us. Satan is in charge of the WT art department. Now, that makes sense. :p

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

The problem I have with the whole 'hidden images in WT publications' is...

Why?

What does it achieve?

I can buy the disgruntled/bored artists idea, but beyond that I can't see what the point would be.

Unless someone can propose a scientific answer as to why the WT would put in images of a bloke lying on the ground?

And please don't propose its something to do with demons or the masons. I'm an adult looking from grown up answers thanks.

Just...why?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    wizzstick: The problem I have with the whole 'hidden images in WT publications' is...
    Why?

I think it is important to remember that you are dealing with a group of men whose cultural background includes many erroneous ideas about 'scientific' discoveries.

The WTS does not have a very good batting average when it comes to evaluating science and you don't have to scratch their history very far to find all sorts of bizarre beliefs in what passes for quack science. Just think of their history - Judge Rutherford wore a radium belt for a while, they opposed vaccinations, they continue to think that Noah and the flood is a real story, they give their followers all sorts of erroneous advice on blood, they once told the JWs that a heart transplant would make you take on the personality of the donor....the list goes on and on about the strange beliefs of the WT fellows upon whom this religion is founded on.

The notion that subliminal images can influence behaviour became popular with the advent of psychoanalytic theory proposed by Sigmund Freud in the early 1900s, right at the time that wackos like Clayton Woodworth was embracing the strangest and most alternative treatments in medicine that were out there.

The idea of subliminal images having an impact on the unconscious was reinforced by experiments in the 50s - the idea that people thoughts and behaviours could be controlled by images was right up the alley of military organizations that were embroiled in the Cold War following WW2. Subliminal imaging was a natural outcome of the culture during that time.

It is likely that the WTS jumped on the bandwagon of those who believed in the power of subliminal imaging during the early 2oth century and propaganda imaging was their 'thing' - religious propaganda enhanced by images. If the WTS would embrace other crazy medical and scientific theories - they would certainly not hesitate to embrace anything they would feel would further their cause. Subliminal imaging actually fits quite nicely into the many and strange beliefs in the history of the WTS.

Whether or not it works is actually a moot point. They still hold erroneous views about many things, including the medical use of blood - it would be no surprise if they believed in the power of inserting odd and unrelated things in their images, The WTS would do it anyways if they thought it had validity.

Does it work? Well, the WTS might have got it right on this one - recent studies confirm that subliminal images can influence behaviour. Whether or not the WTS is sophisticated enough to chose the right images to reinforce or enforce behaviour...I don't know. They have been pretty successful in fooling millions of people with their wacky doctrines on Armageddon and blood and 1914, etc,...and I do know that the WT images have a power over those who leave, so they might have got the choice in images right, after all..

• wokeup
    wokeup
    Since we're on the subject, can someone scan and upload the illustration on chapter 91 of the Greatest Man book? It goes right along with the subject of subliminal art. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit