Disturbing hidden image in w15 04/15 page 9 (Not DF image)

by campaign of hate 87 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    You see an image because you want to see an image.

No I don't see a image of a man, I do see foliage with four protruding limbs if you will, most likely the artist's renditional intent.

Pareidolia

Common examples of this are seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, the moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on phonograph records when they are played in reverse.

Pareidolia is the visual form of apophenia, which is the perception of patterns within random data. Combined with apophenia and hierophany (manifestation of the sacred), pareidolia may have helped ancient societies organize chaos and make the world intelligible.[1][2]

Etymology

The word is derived from the Greek words para (παρά, "beside, alongside, instead [of]", in this context meaning something faulty or wrong) and the noun eidōlon (εἴδωλον "image, form, shape", the diminutive of eidos).

Explanations

Pareidolia can cause people to interpret random images, or patterns of light and shadow, as faces.[3]A 2009 magnetoencephalography study found that objects perceived as faces evoke an early (165 ms) activation of the fusiform face area at a time and location similar to that evoked by faces — whereas other common objects do not evoke such activation. This activation is similar to a slightly faster time (130 ms) that is seen for images of real faces. The authors suggest that face perception evoked by face-like objects is a relatively early process, and not a late cognitive reinterpretation phenomenon.[4] An fMRI study in 2011 similarly showed that repeated presentation of novel visual shapes that were interpreted as meaningful led to decreased fMRI responses for real objects. These results indicate that the interpretation of ambiguous stimuli depends upon processes similar to those elicited by known objects.[5]

These studies help to explain why people identify a few circles and a line as a "face" so quickly and without hesitation. Cognitive processes are activated by the "face-like" object, which alert the observer to both the emotional state and identity of the subject – even before the conscious mind begins to process – or even receive – the information. The "stick figure face", despite its simplicity, conveys mood information (in this case, disappointment or mild unhappiness). It would be just as simple to draw a stick figure face that would be perceived (by most people) as hostile and aggressive. This robust and subtle capability is hypothesized to be the result of eons of natural selection favoring people most able to quickly identify the mental state, for example, of threatening people, thus providing the individual an opportunity to flee or attack preemptively. In other words, processing this information subcortically (and therefore subconsciously) – before it is passed on to the rest of the brain for detailed processing – accelerates judgment and decision making when alacrity is paramount.[6] This ability, though highly specialized for the processing and recognition of human emotions, also functions to determine the demeanor of wildlife.[7]

Mimetoliths

Rocks may come to mimic recognizable forms through the random processes of formation, weathering, and erosion. Most often, the size scale of the rock is larger than the object it resembles, such as a cliff profile resembling a human face. However well-meaning people with a new interest in fossils can pick up chert nodules, concretions or pebbles resembling bones, skulls, turtle shells, dinosaur eggs, etc., in both size and shape. They can be discouraged when, wanting to make a genuine contribution, academics dismissively tell them their finds are of no value to science.

From the late 1970s through the early 1980s, Japanese researcher Chonosuke Okamura self-published a famous series of reports titled "Original Report of the Okamura Fossil Laboratory" in which he described tiny inclusions in polished limestone from the Silurian period (425 mya) as being preserved fossil remains of tiny humans, gorillas, dogs, dragons, dinosaurs, and other organisms, all of them only millimeters long, leading him to claim "There have been no changes in the bodies of mankind since the Silurian period... except for a growth in stature from 3.5 mm to 1,700 mm."[8][9] Okamura's research earned him an Ig Nobel Prize (a parody of the Nobel Prizes) in biodiversity.[10] See List of Ig Nobel Prize winners (1996).[11]

Projective tests

Main article: Rorschach inkblot test
    Giuseppe Arcimboldo. The Jurist. What appears to be its face is actually a collection of food.

The Rorschach inkblot test uses pareidolia in an attempt to gain insight into a person's mental state. The Rorschach is a projective test, as it intentionally elicits the thoughts or feelings of respondents which are "projected" onto the ambiguous inkblot images. Projection in this instance is a form of "directed pareidolia".[12]

Art

In his notebooks, Leonardo da Vinci wrote of pareidolia as a device for painters, writing "if you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills. You will also be able to see divers combats and figures in quick movement, and strange expressions of faces, and outlandish costumes, and an infinite number of things which you can then reduce into separate and well conceived forms."[13]

Religious

Further information: Perceptions of religious imagery in natural phenomena

There have been many instances of perceptions of religious imagery and themes, especially the faces of religious figures, in ordinary phenomena. Many involve images of Jesus,[12] the Virgin Mary,[14] the word Allah,[15] or other religious phenomena: in September 2007 in Singapore, for example, a callus on a tree resembled a monkey, leading believers to pay homage to the "Monkey god" (either Sun Wukong or Hanuman) in the monkey tree phenomenon.[16]

Publicity surrounding sightings of religious figures and other surprising images in ordinary objects has spawned a market for such items on online auctions like eBay. One famous instance was a grilled cheese sandwich with the Virgin Mary's face.[17

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry. I admit, I can't see a thing.

Perhaps if the image was enlarged and the image outlined I could see what you mean. Sorreeeeee

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I don't see the man spread eagle. However, this is a strange picture. What is the context?
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

do you see the head? with the face? and the shaded area around the crotch area?

I've never ever seen something like this before, and i don't go out of my way to look for subliminal pictures.

If i seen it most other places, i would pass on it. But because it's the WT, i don't put anything past them. EVERYTHING has an agenda in this religion.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    At this time......i wish i had finkelsteins avatar.....tee hee ; )
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

i feel like a right twat now.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Not another subliminal, satanic picture conspiracy.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Dont feel bad......sometimes i feel like a " left twat" at times.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Whatever.

I think i need another double.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    I KNEW IT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit