Disturbing hidden image in w15 04/15 page 9 (Not DF image)

by campaign of hate 87 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL @ Punk!!!

DD

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

FFS, i'm a bit pissed off how i've been treated in this thread. As i've already mentioned i do not usually buy into hidden image conspiracy, but this "find" was a legitimate concern.

It's the same people who have done the criticizing, who don't seem to have a problem accusing the GB of being pedophiles with not an ounce of evidence. It's the same people who like to fantasize about there being a whole rank of dissenters at bethel.

Remember, we are all in the same boat, hoping for the same outcome for the WTBTS.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Sorry but I see nothing like what you mention in that pic...
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, COH:

I reiterate that there is no reason to insult individuals who raise questions about WT art. There are some who have studied this issue and stay with facts. If a person disagrees or finds this subject distasteful, he may simply bow out.

What do you think of the following?

AIR STREAM GRAPHIC DESIGN & ILLUSTRATION
    [pm me for phone number]

[extracts from letter of 10 July 1990, addressed "To Whom It May Concern:"]

"Because of my extensive professional experience, Darek Barefoot recently asked me to review a number of illustrations [in WT, AWAKE!, REVELATION CLIMAX and LIVE FOREVER].

"It is my professional opinion that secondary images have been deliberately incorporated into many of the illustrations I have examined. The secondary images I have seen vary from symbolic shapes and letters of the alphabet to representations of faces and skulls, and deformities of certain extremities. These appear with enough consistency that in my opinion they are deliberate, not coincidental.

"As a professional illustrator and painter, I am very aware of the amount of time and concentration that goes into a painting or an illustration. Any artist doing a piece is acutely aware of every line and brush stroke. It is therefore exremely difficult for me to believe that many of these images, objects, and shapes were not purposefully embedded into these illustrations in question."

James Waggaman

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Afrikaman: ......Do you think I was having subliminal thoughts at the time ??
    Please check out the link on my previous post too ! Maybe we spot some more images !!

I have no idea if you were having subliminal thoughts. Were you?

I haven't checked your link but I will at some time...I like looking at photographs. Unmanipulated photos often contain 'hidden images' - it is the result of the photographic process itself and not intentional. I have many photos that contain odd images - I have one I took of clouds that clearly shows Old Man Wind blowing the storm clouds in. It is a fun photo but not one that I would classify as having an intentionally inserted subliminal image.

The face in the cloud of the photo you posted is one that likely, if it did have subliminal qualities for the viewer, wouldn't change the viewer's response to it - the face is 'on theme'. It actually makes sense in the context of what the photo is about.

What doesn't make sense is when the subliminal images contradict the subject matter in the context that it is presented. For example, if the photo you had posted was of an idyllic scene...let's make it about babies - babies are a good device to emote protective instincts in the viewer....and the same threatening face appeared in clouds above the baby's head, then I would say that the chances of the subliminal image have an effect on the viewer's interpretation or response to the image is heightened.

Not everybody reacts to subliminal images - not everybody can see them. Usually subliminal imaging is inserted into subtle tonal value changes in the image and the human apparatus for seeing - eye/brain - is not the same for everyone. Some people have been born with the physical capacity for seeing a wider range of tonal values than others. Some people have a limited tonal range recognition.

Not all of the population has the same capacity for color separation:

You see less than 20 color nuances: you are a dichromats, like dogs, which means you have 2 types of cones only. You are likely to wear black, beige, and blue. 25% of the population is dichromat.
    You see between 20 and 32 color nuances: you are a trichromat, you have 3 types of cones (in the purple/blue, green and red area). You enjoy different colors as you can appreciate them. 50% of the population is trichromat.
    You see between 33 and 39 colors: you are a tetrachromat, like bees, and have 4 types of cones (in the purple/blue, green, red plus yellow area). You are irritated by yellow, so this color will be nowhere to be found in your wardrobe. 25% of the population is tetrachromat.

fulano: When you look at the picture it's weird, all demon faces. That's why I hate even open a w or g, or any book. I mean take a look at the waterfall...disgusting.

You must be a tetrachromat, fulano, the same as me. For many years, I avoided even opening or touching WT literature. When I finally got the courage to examine the literature, I started on what I felt was the safest component for me to do so - the text. I could examine the text without it even being in the same format as the WT had produced it in. The text is available sans image and can be examined without the aid or influence of the images.

It was the images that contained the most power for me - they are what stuck in my brain and were the most easily recalled to mind. I avoided examining the images until my brain could accept them for what they were and without any doubts in my head as to the inaccuracy of the WT doctrine. Even so, I missed things in the WT images that were readily apparent to other people that I showed them to and I know that it is because of my personal, cultural understandings, that were already loaded into my brain and prevented me from seeing the obvious.

Fulano, maybe someday you will be able to approach the WT images with an emotional detachment that puts the information you are receiving into a better context that will allow you to release the nightmares that those images provoke.

And images like this one will no longer have the power to make you react emotionally - it will be just another clumsy attempt by the WT to influence your mind. the demons in the waves will just be drowning instead of threatening:

Is that demon drawn into the waves 'on purpose'? Was it inserted deliberately? I don't know...but I do know one thing - if it was an accident because the artist had no more artistic ability than the camera that captures tonal values indiscriminately, then the question that is more relevant is this - why wasn't the strange images in this illustration removed? Why were they left in? Are there no tetrachromats at the WT?

The WT artists, and everybody else in the Tower machine who saw this image before it went into production must be dichromats. Dichromats don't make for very good artists - they are usually the ones who add up numbers and stuff like that.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Please see below extracts from a letter originally written for elders and WT officials. It was written by Michael Graves, who studied commercial illustration, graphic arts and photograghy at Bakersfield College. His professional work includes medical photography, photomicrography, illustration and commercial photography.

The letter is addressed "To whom it may concern," 21 February 1992:

[...]

"At first glance the illustrations [Watch Tower 'commercial art images depicting religious scenes'] I examined appeared quite normal, but after closer examination, it became apparent that there are many images and symbols integrated into the scenes. Upon further investigation of the illustrations, I noticed a consistent motif and repeatability of these same symbols in every illustration I studied. Some of the symbols and images are so obvious they interrupt the normal flow of lines, shape, and form of the artwork. It is quite apparent the illustrators would use highlights and shadows in the scenes to conceal the symbols in such a manner that they are not clearly distinguishable. However, armed with the knowledge that the symbols may be present, it becomes quite easy to distinguish and isolate these images from the given illustration.

"In conclusion, it is my professional opinion that these figures are present in the illustrations, not by coincidence, but by clear conscious efforts by the originators of the artwork."

Sincerely,

[signature]

For further info on an former JW insider's perspective, see Seven006's commentary:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/147395/view-commercial-artists-on-wt-art?size=20&page=2

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Sometimes a person sees what they want to see... ;)
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Londo: Sometimes a person sees what they want to see... :wink:

You are right. The brain plays a critical role in seeing. Seeing is not just a physical reaction by the eyes - it is also the brain working to interpret what the eyes see. And sometimes, a person can see and react to what they don't even know is there. This is supported by science. It is not something just made up by crazy people.

I posted the following information on the other 'image thread' that discussed the 'disfellowshipping image' but I will repost it for anybody who missed it:

From pg. 100 of Handbook on the Economics of Discrimination by William M. Rodgers:

Devine (1989) conducted a clever experiment to test whether very subtle factors could influence categorizations. One hundred and twenty-nine students enrolled in an introductory psychology course at Ohio State University participated in the experiment for course credit. Participants took the Modern Racism Scale to determine their prejudice level. Participants were then shown Subliminal images) appearing on a computer screen for less than 30 milliseconds) of words associated with the social category ‘black’ (for example, black, poor, ghetto and negroes) using the stimuli priming method developed by Bargh and Pietromonaco (1982). Subjects were told that the experimenter was interested in how people form impressions. They were asked to read the famous ‘Donald paragraph’ which is a 12-sentence paragraph that has Donald engaging in ambiguously hostile behaviors like withholding rent until an apartment is painted or demanding money back at a retail store. The results were startling: participants who had been given the subliminal images rated Donald as significantly more hostile, and this was true for all prejudice levels. This experiment demonstrates the power of implicit associations and how such associations have been measured.

Another study that measures brain activity in response to subliminal images:

How the Brain Translates Money into Force: A Neuroimaging Study of Subliminal Motivation

Abstract:

Unconscious motivation in humans is often inferred but rarely demonstrated empirically. We imaged motivational processes, implemented in a paradigm that varied the amount and reportability of monetary rewards for which subjects exerted physical effort. We show that, even when subjects cannot report how much money is at stake, they nevertheless deploy more force for higher amounts. Such a motivational effect is underpinned by engagement of a specific basal forebrain region. Our findings thus reveal this region as a key node in brain circuitry that enables expected rewards to energize behavior, without the need for the subjects`awareness.

There are other studies besides the two examples I just posted that support the theory that subliminal images can effect behavior.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    campaign of hatean hour agoFFS, i'm a bit pissed off how i've been treated in this thread. As i've already mentioned i do not usually buy into hidden image conspiracy, but this "find" was a legitimate concern.
    It's the same people who have done the criticizing, who don't seem to have a problem accusing the GB of being pedophiles with not an ounce of evidence. It's the same people who like to fantasize about there being a whole rank of dissenters at bethel.
    Remember, we are all in the same boat, hoping for the same outcome for the WTBTS.

don't take any of this too hard. Flat words on a page do not convey the intentions behind the message. I have no intention of offending you. Just playing the joker uncle we all love.

• cofty
    cofty
    You must be a tetrachromat, fulano, the same as me. ...Are there no tetrachromats at the WT? - OC

Reports of tetrachromats are wildly exaggerated. There are no online tests that can be relied on.

One researcher reports that in 20 years of testing she has been able to confirm only 1 woman. Male tetrachromats are even more rare.

Having 4 types of cone does not make a functional tetrachromat.

So no there are probably none in the WT art dept. If you are indeed such a person - very, very, very unlikely - then it might explain why you see things that aren't significant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit