Why is Hope a good quality?

by Bleep 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I asked before, "I am curious about the WTS view of people like Susanna Wesley. Was she part of the pre-WTS annointed, or part of hopelessly corrupt Christendom? "

Bleep answered,

Not sure what you meant by being anointed but only the ones that feel they are of the anointed know they are chosen. Goes back to Jehovah knowing that they are or not.

To explain this question a bit, perhaps I should give you a little background. Susannah Wesley was born in 1669 in England. She died in 1742. There is more written of her at: http://www.intouch.org/myintouch/mighty/portraits/susanna_wesley_213595.html

The first bible study group of the WTS was formed in 1880. It is claimed in your literature that there is an unbroken line of Faithful and Discreet Slaves guiding true Christians from the early church to now. If there was no WTS before 1880, who made up the faithful and discreet slaves? When the WTS gained the new light on issues like the Trinity and birthdays, this new doctrine condemned the rest of Christendoms churches as hopelessly corrupt.

So I am dying to know. According to WTS Accurate Knowlege, is Susanna Wesley a true Christian or false?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Looking back over our exchanges, Bleep, I notice there are a few unanswered questions. I also fear you misunderstood this one:

I said: What exactly sets members of the WTS so superior to all other Christians? Uniformity? Not a very meek attitude

Bleep said: Once again I see someone trying to ask a question and then assume that I am not meek

I did not accuse you of not being meek, unless you have the attitude that your religion is superior to all of Christendoms churches. Again, what exactly sets member of the WTS so superior to all other Christians? The only boast you have so far is Uniformity.

• larc
    larc

Ignat, that is a very good question for Bleep. Perhaps, he is not aware of the teaching, but it is taught that there were always some of the 144,000 on earth through all times for the last 2,000 years. So, you ask a very valid question. Exactly, you were these people, how many of them were there, and what did they teach?

• jgnat
    jgnat

This string started on the topic of hope. I promise this is my last post on hope, going over old ground. If you chose to ignore this Bleep, I will live with it.

Bleep, this is what you have said about hope so far.

1. Hope is a great thing to have for all Christians. Hope is needed for our basic needs as a human. It is one of the best things a true Christian can have.
    2. The Bible gives us a lot of Hope. Lets use it in our everyday lives. We have Bible Understanding through research do we not?
    3. And If all >hope is lost then the devil did his job.
    4. My God is a God that gives people another chance in life and knows that mankind can be good at such a weak condition.
    5. The Watchtower provides me hope. Without hope in my religion I would have no reason to live.
    6. Hope of everlasting life should be instilled in all of us.
    7. Jehovah is the only one that could bring back mankinds hope to live the real life in the future. A life worth all the trouble we have to go through now.

Based on your answers, you are hoping for everlasting life in the future. Are you hoping for anything else?

You believe this hope is obtained from:

1. The Watchtower
    2. Jehovah
    3. Continued study and research of the watchtower materials

It seems you have indelibly associated your association with hope with your association with your religion. Does the WTS own hope, or is it an internal condition of every human?

According to 1 John 3:3, we can hope that we should be called children of God. Do you, personally, have this hope?

...and I am still curious as to what the WTS says about Susanna.

• JT
    JT

Bleep

allow me to put your words to the test:

"Where else can you find one orginization that studies the same thing around the globe at the same time? If you go to another religion they will have some other thing to say than the same religion in another town. Jehovah made it possible to have unity on a wicked earth.

If I had no direction I would be lost "

You have indicated Jehovah instructs you and all JW thru the organization and as a result all JW are unified in their teaching. Would you explain to us then why you have personally decided not to work in agreement with what Jehovah's Organization has taught you, You see being a former Elder and Bethelite

I am fully aware of what the Official teaching of JW are on the issue of dialogging with those who are DFed , DAed or classified by the organization as an apostate esp here on the INTERNET. If you have forgotten what the official postion and teaching is on the subject you can reference:

Sept 1-81, Nov 98 KM, and about two dozen articles detailing with bible scriptures why you are forbidden to even be here on this site.

So since you create Jah thru his org as giving you hope why do disregard thier clear instructions on this issue>

Personally i think it is the greatest thing in the world for a "loyal" to come to this site for it shows that they really don't believe that God's visible organization is correct in it's teachings on dealing with DFed folks.

So could you tell us how you personally reconcile being here with being obedient to Jah?

thanks

James

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

put simply: Hope is a shield against reality!

You decide if thats good or not....

• Imbue
    Imbue

Farkel says:

I just think that those who base their entire lives and major life decisions on "hope" are in for major disappointments.

The JWs actually make most of their major life decisions based on fear and not hope.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Here is another one you can add to your list. Hope is what imperfect humans have to have to stay in the book of everlasting life. One must fight the hard fight to stay in that book. No one is being judged now. We have to be judged when we are made perfect. Do no forget Jehovah is a just God hoping all to come to an accurate knowledge of good and bad.

To bad most people think all babies go to heaven since all babies are good when they start out. They are remembered by Jehovah since they were ultimatly created by God. And he will remember them so they can have a chance to live forever.

I can not judge anyone, but I can try to lay a good foundation so in the future one will have a better chance to live threw the onslaught of Satan and his demons.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Funny how people love to judge me about using the internet. Not all people here are ExJWs. I am only talking to the people who do not think there is a God and people who love God. Only trying to encourage Bible reading is that so bad?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    To bad most people think all babies go to heaven since all babies are good when they start out. They are remembered by Jehovah since they were ultimatly created by God. And he will remember them so they can have a chance to live forever

All babies/children do go to Heaven. And why should God have to recreate something that He has already created by 'remembering' them...that's non-sense and IMHO demeaning to God and His power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit