Why is Hope a good quality?

by Bleep 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bleep
    Bleep

Let me fix this part of my other post: I hope I do see people come to an accurate knowledge. Not sure how that never got in there.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So your hope would that all others, including those on this site, would come to accurate knowledge. I assume then, that you have found it for yourself? You must value this knowledge very much, then, to desire it for others.

I was thinking just today how my personal study has led me to many moments of doubt. But the working through of that doubt made me stronger, not weaker in my faith. Let me indulge you a small example. Many times in my studies, Susanna Wesley was lifted up as a model Christian wife and mother. I slightly resented the comparison, since it seemed so hard to live up to her example. She taught all her children to read, and conducted very successful home bible studies for her children. I thought I would research her and her son's life further. I found out some disturbing things. Susanna herself suffered a nervous breakdown for a short time, after her little family had grown quite large. She later recovered, but it made me wonder how realistic it was to live up to her example to the letter. Over time I came to realize that this new knowledge humanized Susanna for me. Any mother can become overwhelmed with responsibility, no matter how capable she may be. Over time, this in-depth study liberated rather than corrupted me.

I had the choice, of course, to ignore this new piece of information, and my original faith would have remained intact. If I had, however, I think I would have remained more shallow in my knowledge of Jehovah's expectations of me.

I find that personal, in-depth study deepens my faith and my knowledge. More accurate, don't you think?

I am curious about the WTS view of people like Susanna Wesley. Was she part of the pre-WTS annointed, or part of hopelessly corrupt Christendom?

• Bleep
    Bleep

Hope of everlasting life should be instilled in all of us. Without hope in my religion I would have no reason to live. Jehovah is the only one that could bring back mankinds hope to live the real life in the future. A life worth all the trouble we have to go threw now.

Without an accurate knowledge there is less chance of a better life.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Only Jehovah can read someones heart. There are no superwomen here on earth.

Not sure what you meant by being anointed but only the ones that feel they are of the anointed know they are choosen. Goes back to Jehovah knowing that they are or not.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I see the Orginization as a religion. The Orginization provides orginization to the religion which is all backed up by the Bible.

So do numerous other religions - all backed up by the Bible - and they're just as adament.

What happened to all those people who died before Jesus was sacrificed? They were in a void of some kind? Or did they go hell (which is not hellfire) but only the common grave.

The answer is found in:

Matthew 27 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
    52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
    53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

And, by the way, the Bible is full of metaphores including "sleep" for death. The bible clearly states that people have souls that return home to God.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Hope of everlasting life should be instilled in all of us.

I think it is. As for me, I have faith that this "school" we call life isn't the whole enchilada. The Lord has bigger plans for his creations.

• Bleep
    Bleep

In the Bible Jehovah tells Adam "For dust you are and dust you will return. Jehovah remembers all so it would be easy for the creator to know our makeup and how we were when we are restored to judgement.

In the 1000 year reign of Christ the king we are judged, not when we die. Look over Revelation again those who still want to be spirits. Why would that book be in the Bible???

Mankind can not be judged as imperfect beings. True the price for sin is death but then we get another chance to live forever here on earth. It will be in Jehovah due time though.

To bad people still think that the Devil made it so no one can ever live here on earth the way Jehovah planned it to be.

Jehovah did create all things right? Why would he have the earth as a stepping stone? He created earth for a reason. Jehovah saw that the earth was made good. Does it say it was made as a stepping stone or a place to inhabit and populate? Where does it say in the Bible that Jehovah made the earth as a place for judgement only?

• Bleep
    Bleep

Jehovah did not need to create a earthly paradise to make Jesus his first creation. Jesus then played a part in designing humans. If Jehovah wanted more spirits he could create them. Why would Jehovah want to create a human then think oh my it was a mistake we better make them spirits my bad.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Bleep- you're limiting God. He doesn't create "Yugos", he creates "Mercedes". If you believe the anointed ones have spirits and will live with God, why not everyone? And who's to say that Heaven won't be on Earth after the 2nd Coming.

You quote:

In the Bible Jehovah tells Adam "For dust you are and dust you will return. "
    Yet, It says in Ecclestiates 12:7:
    Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
  • Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Jehovah did create all things right?

RIGHT.

Why would he have the earth as a stepping stone?

Like most things in this "adventure" called life, it's one of those questions that will take a lifetime to discover... perhaps one of the "reasons of being" on this quest.

He created earth for a reason. Jehovah saw that the earth was made good. Does it say it was made as a stepping stone or a place to inhabit and populate?
    A stepping stone / place to inhabit and populate - why must it be one or the other, why can't they can both be the same?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit