Why is Hope a good quality?

by Bleep 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bleep
    Bleep

Looks like someone on this forum hates this word hope.

Hope is a great thing to have for all Christain.
    It is one of the best things a true Christain can have.
    The Bible gives us alot of Hope.

Lets use it in our everyday lives. We have Bible Understanding threw research do we not?

List all the reasons to have hope on this topic please.

Dont be disecting my words and listing stuff you dont like. Just try to list some good stuff,no bad stuff ok?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I hope you either obey the Watchtower and stop trolling this group, or that you continue to disobey them and become an apostate in good standing.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Bleep, I was going to go back to all the forums you have had some dealings with...but found it too much trouble. So...I just decided to go with my initial reaction.

I agree that it is a good thing to have hope. But if it comes to false hopes, as has been demonstrated to many of us on this board by the Society...it is a bad thing.

Let's go back in history a bit.

Where would we be... if Henry Ford hadn't hoped that there was an easier mode of travel than by foot or by the health of an animal (horse).

Where would we be... without the hopes of Edison when he dreamed about the lightbulb, the phonograph or moving pictures?

How about... where would we be without the hopes of Alexander Graham Bell when he created the telephone system?

Think about it...if it weren't for the "hopes" of most of these individuals...we would not be able to have an exchange of ideas, whether intelligent or not, right here on our own PC's.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Because its the only thing JWs cant take from you.

• larc
    larc

I hope that the Arrmageddon does not come in my life time, and I have good reason to believe that it won't. Bleep on another thread, I made some comments on this subject that you did not address.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Hi,

I'm only going to say that hope is crucial to all our lives and our endeavors, for without hope, we become mired in depression and despair. Without hope, there is no reason for even getting up in the morning, no chance that the day will be good, and no relationship that will succeed. Don't we all know those sour, down-in-the-mouth individuals who we all avoid lest they suck the vitality, the joy, the very life out of us? Why are they like that? Because they've given up any HOPE that life for them will ever be any better.

With hope, you know the hard times will not last, the quarrel can be mended, the failures can eventually blossom into success and sorrows of today can be forgotten in time as better memories replace them.

I don't know how anyone gets by without hope, but then again, I don't know how anybody gets by without faith, either.

Just my 2-cents worth.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My vision of:

HOPE

I heard a story the other day,
    that chilled me to the bone
    About a man who took a child
    and made her all his own.

He put the fear and pain
    into her soul that day
    Fear paralyzed her body;
    fear let him have his way.

She died inside a little,
    every time he came
    And every time he took her,
    she was less and less the same.

He called her names to hurt her,
    slut and whore and bitch
    And when he finished with her,
    left her in a ditch.

She pulled herself together and
    vowed to make her "new"
    And 'cause it hurt too much to bear,
    the guilt and shame - she slew.

She suffered long enough she said.
    She'd no more be a slave
    To another's demented wishes. Her
    body she would save.

Although it's hard to start anew,
    it's easier than it seems.
    She's got the strength and hope,
    I know, to reach out for her dreams.

Copyright 1988: Lee Marsh

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Bleep,

Lets use it in our everyday lives. We have Bible Understanding threw research do we not? List all the reasons to have hope on this topic please.

I live in hope Bleep. For example I live in hope that you will eventually use a spell check.

I live in hope that one day the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses grows to appreciate that when the Bible speaks of a hope, it bears little resemblance to the one that they 'publish, from door to door'.

I also live in hope that all the time I spend trying to teach my cat to sing will one day pay off.

Thats enough hope for the day, back to dismal XJW life.....lol

HS

• Bleep
    Bleep

Someone asked what I have to live for going on the lines of what motivates me. I remember most peoples responces but do not have time to answere all. I am not too sure what motivates me but I do know what does not. I am not motivated when It comes to spending all my time exercising since it is not that benaficial. In the bible physical exercise is beneficial for little,Spiritual things are much more beneficial. That is why I spend my time talking about subjects like hellfire and trinity. I am 99.9% sure these are ideas given to anyone who are allready in the dark spiritually.

And If all >hope is lost then the devil did his job. My God is a God that gives people another chance in life and knows that mankind can be good at such a weak condition.

• ISP
    ISP
    Why is Hope a good quality?

Its priceless for the WTS. It keeps them in power. They control, package and say who gets it. I'd rather make my own dreams.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit